PDA

View Full Version : List of Books to Review

CBedo
09-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, I managed to get out of Gambler's Book Club for under $200......barely.

Here's a list of the books that I purchased, and if anyone cares here, will give a quick review of:

Exotic Betting, Crist
Overlay Handicapping, Maas
Calibration Handicapping, Lehane
Dynamic Ability, Seip
Pace Makes the Race, Hambleton (haven't read this in a really long time--can't find my copy)
Value Betting, Johnson

Given the amount of time I'll be spending on an airplane in the next couple of weeks, I should have plenty of reading time.

ryesteve
09-13-2006, 04:15 PM
If you're taking requests, I'd be most interesting in hearing your opinion of the Lehane book.

Tom
09-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Jim's Calibration Handicaopping is top notch - I highly recommend it.

PlanB
09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
I'd like to review the Lehane book, if that's okay. There's a few things I read
that I'd wouldn't mind reporting about.

timtam
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
I would like a review of the Seip book. Someone was going to give me a review but he ended up with a migraine. I hope it wasn't after he read the book ;)

Stevie Belmont
09-14-2006, 11:44 AM
How about that Value Betting....man that stirred up some people. Several posts on that one if you look.

Well, I managed to get out of Gambler's Book Club for under $200......barely.

Here's a list of the books that I purchased, and if anyone cares here, will give a quick review of:

Exotic Betting, Crist
Overlay Handicapping, Maas
Calibration Handicapping, Lehane
Dynamic Ability, Seip
Pace Makes the Race, Hambleton (haven't read this in a really long time--can't find my copy)
Value Betting, Johnson

Given the amount of time I'll be spending on an airplane in the next couple of weeks, I should have plenty of reading time.

kitts
09-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Count me in on the Seip review

FORGO
09-15-2006, 01:28 AM
I have his great book and I just reread it again. I loved the simple approach and how anybody could use this especially new people trying to learn this business. I forgot about the red scan. I get so involved in figures I forget some of the basics which work. I wish Jim would get back in the game as he has so much he could share. In case you read this Jim we whish good health you have already been blessed wth good fortune. That goes for you to TOM. :) FORGO