PDA

View Full Version : pitiful

46zilzal
09-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Raiders are sure not the Raiders of old.

Raider nation got all black for nothing....Shut out? first in a very long time

bigmack
09-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Re: Raiders
As an ole chum of mine who recently passed would say: They smelleth

Re: Chargers
I had my reservations of this Rivers kid but he had a nice debut.
Certainly a laudable performance in an unfriendly house

Valuist
09-12-2006, 09:24 AM
IMO, San Diego would've won the NFC if they were in it last year. I'm not sure how much last night proved. The Raiders are really pathetic; horrible defense, horrible pass protection, erratic, mistake-prone QB and a coach who's been out of the league for over 10 years. Toss in Davis' penchant for taking in bad citizens and you have a recipe for self destruction.

The jury is still out on Rivers. That opponent was so woeful that I want to see him against a Denver or other solid opponent. But IF he is legit, IMO, San Diego is the team to beat.

KingChas
09-12-2006, 11:23 PM
What's even more pitiful is the antique field they have to play on.The infield dirt from the baseball field runs from the 30yd to 30yd line.Big money owner can't get a real football stadium.Field looked as shitty as the team.Shame on you Al ! :p

JPinMaryland
09-12-2006, 11:46 PM
9 sacks! I thought that was some sort of NFL record but I heard on the radio it was merely the most since...I dunno, some game a few years ago. 9 sacks. I dont ever remember the Steelers giving or getting 9. ANyone else recall their favorite team giving/getting 9??

Dan Montilion
09-13-2006, 02:36 AM
I've been a fan of the Raiders since I was a nine year old boy in 1969. No tatoos, never been in jail and have never painted myself up on sunday or any other day for that matter. Seen good times and ugly times. I lifted the below from Raiders beat writer Jerry McDonald's blog (whatever that is). Yes, I recall this game very well.

Kansas City 28, Raiders 8, Sept. 6, 1998 _ In Jon Gruden’s head coaching debut at Arrowhead Stadium, the Raiders committed 15 penalties, fumbled five times and quarterback Jeff George absorbed 10 sacks, taking a physical beating far worse than Brooks endured against San Diego Monday night. Derrick Thomas, who had six sacks, had an easier time with Pat Harlow than Shawne Merriman did with Robert Gallery.

So I will stick with the club. Likely go to two or three games this year despite my fears that this is going to be a difficult year. But as any fan I will hold out hope just as no horse is as bad or as good as its most recent race I will hope the same can be said for the Raiders. Perhaps the ghosts of Casper, Haynes, Tatum, Stabler, Otto, Hendricks and other great Raiders will fill the current Raiders. What can I say? I'm a full time horseplayer and hope always springs eternal.

Valuist
09-13-2006, 09:50 AM
I've been a fan of the Raiders since I was a nine year old boy in 1969. No tatoos, never been in jail and have never painted myself up on sunday or any other day for that matter. Seen good times and ugly times. I lifted the below from Raiders beat writer Jerry McDonald's blog (whatever that is). Yes, I recall this game very well.

Kansas City 28, Raiders 8, Sept. 6, 1998 _ In Jon Gruden’s head coaching debut at Arrowhead Stadium, the Raiders committed 15 penalties, fumbled five times and quarterback Jeff George absorbed 10 sacks, taking a physical beating far worse than Brooks endured against San Diego Monday night. Derrick Thomas, who had six sacks, had an easier time with Pat Harlow than Shawne Merriman did with Robert Gallery.

So I will stick with the club. Likely go to two or three games this year despite my fears that this is going to be a difficult year. But as any fan I will hold out hope just as no horse is as bad or as good as its most recent race I will hope the same can be said for the Raiders. Perhaps the ghosts of Casper, Haynes, Tatum, Stabler, Otto, Hendricks and other great Raiders will fill the current Raiders. What can I say? I'm a full time horseplayer and hope always springs eternal.

Davis should've never let Gruden go to the Bucs but I think Gruden would've ended up quitting anyways and getting a job somewhere else. I remember a game around 1999, maybe 2000. The backup QB was a stiff named Donald Hollis and he was playing and playing poorly. He comes back to the bench and Gruden is all over him. The camera does a close up to Hollis and you can see him mouthing "f-k you" to Gruden. Gruden didn't say anything. The next morning, guess who gets cut. Apparently Keyshawn didn't take notice because he pulled the same thing about 4 years later. Never played for the Bucs again.

Raider fans need a new owner. Davis is almost as bad as the Bidwells.

ghostyapper
09-13-2006, 03:42 PM
The raiders are the classic team you love to hate but feel like something is missing when they are garbage.