PDA

View Full Version : Week 2: where has the parity gone?

Valuist
09-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Its been a long time since the NFL has had so many big spreads. No less than SIX games have lines of 9 or higher. Tagliabue always bragged about the parity.....and guess who just quit their job? Of course he dodged any likely future steroid scandals as well, but that's another topic for another day.

IF I was betting the NFL, which I can't right now, here are some of the games I'd be looking into:

Oakland +9-- Looks like an overreaction from week 1. Even if Baltimore does win a lot of games, they have no business laying this many pts. I still think they are too old to be convinced they are Super Bowl bound.

Buffalo +6 1.2--Saw some disturbing things out of Miami the other day. Granted, they were playing on the defending champs home field but Culpepper made some bad decisions and they had no running game. Buffalo came very close to pulling off upset over NE. They led virtually the entire game.

PHIL -3 ---healthy McNabb and Westbrook could spell trouble for NFC East foes

Tampa +6---another overreaction from week 1, IMO. Tampa's fast D has always given Vick problems. I can't believe they are as bad as they looked in week 1.

SEA -6 1/2---still not sold on Arizona. Great skill position players but no offensive line and troubled defensively. Seattle struggled but did come away with road win over Detroit.

ghostyapper
09-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I am salivating over that tampa line. They will probably win the game outright.