PDA

View Full Version : Bite the Apple

bigmack
09-10-2006, 09:13 PM
A few years ago someone told me of Apple coming out with the IPOD.
I knew of many remote players on the market and was less than impressed with the proprietary format that it engaged. Since then the stock has done marvelously, fueled largely by sales of the IPOD and ITunes.

On Tues of this week they're expected to announce a new IPOD with a new service for downloading movies. It will have a larger screen and the downloads are expected to cost approx $8-10 per title.

Question: Current offering is $72.5 - Do you buy on Monday or wait for the market to show feedback to the announcement?

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/a/aapl

JustRalph
09-11-2006, 08:57 AM
I never understood the Ipod thing. there are much better devices out there and they have all played music and video all along. Without the format issues. The Appletypes have sure pulled one over for a long time.......this time.

chickenhead
09-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I've never owned an Apple anything...but have always lusted a bit over their designs from an aestetic pov. Like you guys, never thought the Ipod would take off like it did.

Apple is pure genius when it comes to advertising and industrial design. They are so much better than the competetion it is not even remotely close.

bigmack
09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
When the Ipod came out I just didn't get it. While ergonoically well designed the format was just too limiting. Then, when ITunes came out, I signed up and bought a pile of tunes and found working with the AAC format less than friendly outside the use of their offerings.

Even today I think there are better players that are less expensive: Rio
And downloads that you can actually do something with outside the proprietary world: Rhapsody