PDA

View Full Version : question on pick 3 strategy

beertapper
09-10-2006, 05:14 PM
I was going to play the pick 3 at Arlington starting at race 8 today, but the field has been scratched down to 4 horses (from 10). All 4 horses are going off at fairly low numbers 8/5, 8/5, 5/2, 7/2 (15 mtp as i type this). Am I correct in passing this and just going for the late DD ? I'm guessing the payouts would be very similar...

rrbauer
09-10-2006, 05:34 PM
If you perceive that one of the remaining 4 starters represents value above its odds, then use it with your double horses. Right, or wrong with that horse, you still have the double that can be played from scratch, or used to press-up your P3 play depending on how the first leg comes out.

xciceroguy
09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I was going to play the pick 3 at Arlington starting at race 8 today, but the field has been scratched down to 4 horses (from 10). All 4 horses are going off at fairly low numbers 8/5, 8/5, 5/2, 7/2 (15 mtp as i type this). Am I correct in passing this and just going for the late DD ? I'm guessing the payouts would be very similar...

If the horses in the last 2 legs you liked were going off at good paying odds you should have bought the field in the 8th. race and singled the others.