PDA

View Full Version : Cacique

turfbar
09-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Please excuse me for red boarding but did I calculate right that Cacique
came home in the Arlington Million, I mean his last fraction was 23.4.
Is that incredible or what. Anyone know of a turf horse closing better than that.
EVER.
I don't recall anyhorse doing that

Turfbar

Stevie Belmont
09-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Horse is all class. He should be sqaure on Breeder's Cup day. Tough bunch he will face, but it's not passed him. Frankel gets the most out of that family. Lot's to like.

Overlay
09-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Is that incredible or what. Anyone know of a turf horse closing better than that.
EVER.

Turfbar

That would be extraordinary, but wouldn't it at least partially reflect on the general late-running nature of turf races?

ryesteve
09-10-2006, 10:26 AM
EVER.

Turfbar
Well, if I remember the race right, he lost ground to The Tin Man during the final quarter, and Cosmonaut was gaining on both of them... so there are two horses right there...

cj
09-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Countless horses have run faster closing fractions. I think it was the mare Dahlia that once ran a sub 22 final quarter.

turfbar
09-10-2006, 10:33 AM
True true , ( ^ above statment )Iwas looking for some database dudes with info on ther horses from the past

T

Zaf
09-10-2006, 11:18 AM
I used to calculate final fractions for turf races and I can tell you for CLF Allowance & Stakes company , 23.4 is quite ordinary.

Z

turfbar
09-13-2006, 09:10 AM
HHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmm I read were Cacique
went his last furlong in 10.95 now thats smoking
wonder if his last race set him up?

T

garyoz
09-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Well he is fast, I think he has a tendency to hang. I'm a better seller than buyer depending on who is matched up against.

Valuist
09-13-2006, 09:56 AM
I'd have to check my charts but I think both Cosmonaut and Ace closed every bit as good in the Million and English Channel was pretty close to that as well, despite being three wide on both turns.