PDA

View Full Version : McSchell Racing

karlskorner
09-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Tom;

Picked up a new magazine today at the Racing Sec's office, published in England, US edition, TRAINER, for the training and development of the Thoroughbred. As a licensed Trainer you are entitled to one complimentary yearly subscription (4 issues) by calling 1-888-218-4439 or online www.trainermagazine.com. Several good articles in there such as Reiki ( ancient Japanese healing method ), Lameness, Stable Vices ( crib-biting, wind-sucking, etc ). A very lengthy article on Polytrack and how it will effect Throughbred racing and breeding. I found interesting " a surface like Polytrack rides more like a turf track and we are seeing a new ballgame "

A very good article on Kenny McPeek, to quote " any trainer that doesn't know about bloodlines doesn't know about horses " McPeek lists Federico Tesio's "Breeding the Race Horse", first published in 1958 as mandatory reading for every Throughbred trainer. "Speed in the Throughbred" also makes the McPeek top ten list. "If you read that, you understand that horses were bred to cross deserts. Long distances as a breed, they're not meant for speed so much as stamina. So the key becomes to harness the speed and develop the stamina".

I had a Breeder from Ocala stop by today (can't remember his name) with a list of CRC Trainers he got from the Racing Sec's office and was told I might help him in choosing a CRC trainer. I checked off your name along with 4/5 others, told him you were in Barn 6, hope it works out for you.

kenwoodallpromos
09-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Looks like a good magazine to me!