PDA

View Full Version : How come I can't access TSNHORSE & BRISNET using INTERNET EXPLORER?

trying2win
09-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Can someone help me gain access again to the TSNHORSE & BRISNET sites using INTERNET EXPLORER? In another forum I had asked a question that I was having trouble gaining access to these two sites. A technical assistant from TSNHORSE helped me gain access by switching to FIREFOX. However, I'd still like to be able to gain access to those sites using IE. I've tried many different things using the TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS section, but to no avail.

Thanks,

T2W

JustRalph
09-08-2006, 03:31 PM
it might help if you told us what happens when you try to get in?

trying2win
09-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Ralph:

Here's a couple of error messages I've received, when I've tried to access TSNHORSE or the BRISNET site (using IE) over the last while:

--One message reads...'GATEWAY TIMEOUT...A Gateway timeout has occured. The server is unreachable.'

--Another error message says 'THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED'.

I don't have any problem accessing other gambling or horse racing related websites using IE, such as PINNACLE, EQUIBASE, DRF, or RACING CHANNEL etc. So it's a real mystery.

Thanks,

T2W

Tom
09-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I have no problem getting in to BRIS using IE....BRIS is my homepage and never had any problems, well, not usually. Just did it again.

JustRalph
09-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Ralph:

Here's a couple of error messages I've received, when I've tried to access TSNHORSE or the BRISNET site (using IE) over the last while:

--One message reads...'GATEWAY TIMEOUT...A Gateway timeout has occured. The server is unreachable.'

--Another error message says 'THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED'.

I don't have any problem accessing other gambling or horse racing related websites using IE, such as PINNACLE, EQUIBASE, DRF, or RACING CHANNEL etc. So it's a real mystery.

Thanks,

T2W

the gateway timeout means there were problems at your isp. Unless you are running a gateway at home, which I doubt. try this command on a dos prompt.

hit "start" "run" type in "cmd" hit "enter"

on the command line type in: "tracert www.brisnet.com" (hit enter) or whatever site isn't working. it looks like this when everything is fine.

Tracing route to www.brisnet.com
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms www.brisnet.com
2 12 ms 11 ms 7 ms dynamic-acs-24-239-47-1.zoominternet.net [24.239.47.1]
3 12 ms 11 ms 13 ms dynamic-acs-72-23-3-169.zoominternet.net [72.23.
3.169]
4 18 ms 17 ms 18 ms dynamic-acs-72-23-3-129.zoominternet.net [72.23.
3.129]
5 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms dynamic-acs-72-23-2-17.zoominternet.net [72.23.2
.17]
6 18 ms 15 ms 15 ms leg-208-30-204-161-RIA.sprinthome.com [208.30.20
4.161]
7 25 ms 27 ms 28 ms 144.232.13.145
8 46 ms 48 ms 47 ms sl-bb24-chi-13-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.20.118]

9 57 ms 55 ms 55 ms sl-bb20-det-0-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.9.7]
10 53 ms 55 ms 55 ms 144.232.21.129
11 64 ms 63 ms 63 ms sl-bb20-roa-3-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.9.8]
12 64 ms 63 ms 63 ms sl-gw4-roa-9-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.17.202]

Trace complete.

If it hangs somewhere...........it will give you an error message. Then you know it is not on your end. But somewhere between you and the site........there is a problem. If it goes thru completely, multiple times, then it might be a problem with your browser. see this link for info

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162326/EN-US/

michiken
09-09-2006, 09:07 AM
This just brings to mind a question.

Are some ISP's blocking any site that may even remotely linked to Internet Wagering?

Hmmm Big Brother is here.

CapperLou
12-28-2006, 08:38 PM
I finally downloaded SP2 (xp home running here) and now I cannot access brisnet for files using Nathan's Filegrabber. With other sites I get a window popup called active x control and have to ok it to get through. Totally confused at this point.
And now--I'll never download IE7 until I must!!

CapperLou

BIG RED
12-28-2006, 09:13 PM
This just brings to mind a question.

Are some ISP's blocking any site that may even remotely linked to Internet Wagering?

Hmmm Big Brother is here.

I'm still waiting for youbet to let me use firefox, can only use IE. You might have a point there.

trying2win
12-29-2006, 04:46 AM
Lou,

I still find from time-to-time that I can't access TSNHORSE.COM or BRISNET.COM using Internet Explorer. When that happens, I just switch over to using FIREFOX as the browser (which I have downloaded as a standby) and can usually access either of these sites then.

T2W

trying2win
12-29-2006, 04:52 AM
Speaking of SERVICE PACK 2, I recall having all sorts of problems after I downloaded that package awhile back. I quickly deleted it and went back to SERVICE PACK 1. It works better for me.

Maybe a lot of users have no problem with SERVICE PACK 2. Perhaps they can list some of their experiences with this newer version....good or bad.

T2W

skate
01-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Speaking of SERVICE PACK 2, I recall having all sorts of problems after I downloaded that package awhile back. I quickly deleted it and went back to SERVICE PACK 1. It works better for me.

Maybe a lot of users have no problem with SERVICE PACK 2. Perhaps they can list some of their experiences with this newer version....good or bad.

T2W

might be that you've solved all problems, hope so.

my experience (ive had most of the problems talked about) covers the past three months. done this, that, and the others things also.

increased speed when i went to verizon "fiber optic", now the speed is about 5MB, six times faster that my cable was with 370kb.
i use IE for the most part, also have Fire..., but i let IE w/service pack 2 along with Accepting The Updates do "whatever".
no problems .

i think, with all the problems we've had with Servive packs, and the need for more speed ( in order to carry moving pictures), the problems have been solved for now; but since they (IE, Windows, etc.) gave us a problem before, then we are reluctant to try again.

skate
01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
heres an added point, i assume it has been covered, but maybe not.

TsnBET.com offers upgraded service. For Live Video, Windows XP users should have Windows Media Player 10 or 11, the latest video streaming technology from Microsoft, TsnBET.com a technology team to deliver these services. The Race Replay Library uses REAL PLAYER 10.5 and displays a new interface with more options. In addition to selecting races by track and date, there are now options for selecting by a horse's name (of a horse entered today). You will see a display of all the races for that horse that are in our replay library. The Replay Library may not be available using """"Firefox or Mozilla""" browsers; or some Mac computers. ""Macs using Safari"" should be able to get replays. You will need to have """REAL PLAYER""" video software on your computer in order to view any archived race video replay. If you do not have a current version of this software already installed, click Real Player (http://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde601.html?h=software-dl.real.com&dc=10310291028&f=windows/RealPlayer10-5GOLD_rs.exe&p=RealOne+Player&oem=dirhap_rh&tagtype=ie&type=dlrhap_rh), then click on "Free Real Player" to download the software needed. Do NOT check the box to make Real Player your default player. If you already have Real Player, it should open automatically when you use the Video Library. Older versions of Real Player may need to be updated. Windows users should use Internet Explorer 6 or 7 for video. Mac users should use Safari for this application.

Live video streaming will continue to use Windows Media Player 9 or higher.

the updates are significant

Fred
01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
LOU: There is a fix for the file grabber. It's an advanced secruity issue but I do not remember the exact steps to take-If you run a "file grabber" search on Thorotech board I am sure you will find it.

Freddy