PDA

View Full Version : The Big Dummy catches them off guard

JustRalph
09-07-2006, 03:11 AM
If this guy is so dumb..........why did he put some back on their heels today?

"With a series of forceful speeches on terrorism and a dramatic announcement that he has sent top-tier terrorism suspects to the Guantanamo Bay prison, President Bush this week has demonstrated anew the power of even a weakened commander in chief to set the terms of national debate."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14707867/

I still hate the way he is running the War in Iraq........but all I hear is how stupid he is..........I think he threw down the quantlet with this speech. I also think there are many more surprises to come.............stay tuned......

46zilzal
09-07-2006, 11:00 AM
simple: votes for his buddies this Fall.

also, NO ONE is back on their heels listening to re-hashed scare tactics. ONLY WE can make you safe. Bull crap.

46zilzal
09-07-2006, 11:10 AM
The rutabaga is a perfect example of the political malarkey embodied in the movie the Farmer's Daughter. Loretta Young becomes a maid for a long time political family and in attending a political rally learns a lesson as the family butler stands us and says "Fish for sale!" and the crowd roars it's approval. Political hacks do the same thing today: stand in front of a crowd that is ALREADY IN LOCK STEP AGREEMENT and let them cheer ANYTHING said.

46zilzal
09-07-2006, 11:14 AM
a growing trend.http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/07/southern.women.ap/index.html

Secretariat
09-07-2006, 12:21 PM
JR,

This is becoming sad. The man is ordered by the Supreme Court that he can't put people in these CIA prisons without some kind of due process, and the extreme right beleives he is setting the agenda. Very sad for President Cheney.

rastajenk
09-07-2006, 01:05 PM
"This is becoming sad. The man is ordered by the Supreme Court that he can't put people in these CIA prisons without some kind of due process," so when he initiates some due process, it's seen as a cynical manipulation of the election process, fear-mongering, exploitation, and all the other code words of the left side of the spectrum. Whether he is setting the agenda, or it's being set for him, the fact is Democrats are letting themselves get painted into a corner. They will have to stand up with the ACLU for terrorists' rights, or they will have to stand up with the President in defense of national security, and they'll have to do it before November. That Rove is a pretty shrewd fellow, getting the Supremes to rein in the tyrannical Bushitler Fascist TheoDictatorship.

Tom
09-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Just why the HELL are you guys so damned worried about terrorists?
46 says they are not a nation, they are a movement. THEY kidnap, behead, and YOU guys worry about them! What the hell is wrong with you?

46 - you said the last justified war was WWII - yet the way we won WWI was to destroy the enemy wherever they were - we destroyed cities, mosques, churhces, synagouges, schools. We target fire bombed civilians. We killed millions! And we won.
You worry about putting underwear on some POS prisoner's head, yet in WWII, on our march through the Pacific, island by island, wnat do you think we did with the japs we captured?
We KILLED them. Many with knives, because we could not afford to waste bullets. Slit their thoats and let them die. We had no choice.
Thisis the wat we will win this war - the only way. We need to treat the enemy like non-human animals and slaughter them everywhere. their soldiers, thier women, their children their homes, their schools. No one like it. that is why war is hell. But you have to to di it. Why.
Because they are doing it to us.
Ralph is dead on with this - Bush put the ball in the whinny lib's court -
they have done nothing to support the war, nothing to support our troops, everything they can to aid and abet the enemy.
they have not once offered any viable alternative to fight terrorism - now they hav ethe opportunity to step up to the plate.
If congress doens't bive Bush what he wants, I say he should RELEASE every proisone in Gitmo - inlcuding the 9-11 guys - ontot the streets of the USA - put them free in our cities. Maybe then, the brainless would get the message.

Secretariat
09-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Tom,

What is your response that both Repub Senator Graham and Repub Senator McCain say that GW's recommendation will have to be rewritten or it will be declared unconstitutional again? These are not libs, but Repubs?

Tom
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
That they are idiots and traitors and we do not need trash like them running this country. My opinon of McCain is no secret - he is a lightweight with nothing to offer. I do not check with the RNC to get my opinions. I have ideas long before I open my email everyday.

sq764
09-07-2006, 11:27 PM
simple: votes for his buddies this Fall.

also, NO ONE is back on their heels listening to re-hashed scare tactics. ONLY WE can make you safe. Bull crap.
If a Dem ever gets voted in again, what will you whine and cry about then?

JustRalph
09-08-2006, 03:56 AM
I do not check with the RNC to get my opinions. I have ideas long before I open my email everyday.

Unlike the left................. bravo Tom!

kenwoodallpromos
09-08-2006, 02:08 PM
No, I'm not putting anyone on my ignore list- I've just decided to ignore any political thread were the first post consists of name calling. In this case, I am wasting my time if I read a thread that invites the kind of BS that it produced. Aren't you extremists (by name calling) on both sides capable of rational discussion?