PDA

View Full Version : Which books?

CBedo
09-05-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm headed to Vegas tomorrow for a couple of weeks (fishing tournaments actually, funny to go to Vegas and not be playing poker or sitting in a race book).

I'll make a trip to Gambler's Book Club for sure at some point to drop some cheese on some good reading material.

Which books, particularly some of the obscure ones, should I take a look at to help me find ways to improve my handicapping.

(I have everything written by Cramer, Brohamer, Quinn, Davidowitz,.....etc). Looking for some that I might have overlooked. I was thinking about picking up Calibration Handicapping and Walter Seip's book that CJ mentioned. Any others?

Thanks,

CBedo

melman
09-05-2006, 06:10 PM
This subject has been gone over and over again. Think if you do a search you can find a lot of useful material.

Jake
09-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure you can find this at the Gambler's Book Club, but the very best non-handicapping handicapping book is Pit Bull by Marty Schwartz and Paul Flint. This guy was a a trader who was playing stocks and commodities instead of horses. It's a really good read, with some fundamental advice very applicable to handicapping.

CBedo
09-06-2006, 12:03 AM
This subject has been gone over and over again. Think if you do a search you can find a lot of useful material.

Sorry, just being lazy I guess. I have compiled a nice list of books to take a look at, but just thought I'd give everybody one more chance to chime in.