PDA

View Full Version : Pinnochio's nose grew when he did this

46zilzal
09-05-2006, 04:00 PM
WILLIAMS: Do you have any moments of doubt that we fought the wrong war, that there's something wrong with the perception of America overseas?
DUBYA: Well, those are two different questions. Did we fight the wrong war, and the absorally -- I have no doubt. The war came to our shores, remember that. We were -- we, we had a foreign policy that basically said let's hope calm works. And we were attacked.
WILLIAMS: But those weren't Iraqis.
DUBYA: No, no -- they weren't -- they, they weren't, uhh -- no, I agree they weren't Iraqis, nor did I ever say that Iraq ordered that attack, but they're a part of, Iraq is part of the struggle against the terrorists.
-- "I have no doubt" gives the unintended impression that Dubya agrees with war critics, but his ill-worded defense moments later reasserts his position. Interview with Brian Williams (NBC). New Orleans, Louisiana, Aug. 29, 2006

46zilzal
09-05-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm a thoughtful guy, I listen to people. I'm open-minded. I'm all the things that you know I am.
-- I love the last part, White House, Aug. 21, 2006

Tom
09-05-2006, 04:17 PM
"Do youhave moments of doubt....?"

"I have no doubt."

If you understand English, it is clear what he meant. If you are desperately trying to make someone look to bad to support your own agenda, then you could stretch it to that. It sounds like rationalization tom me. Or some kind of defense mechanism on your part. If you had no doubts, and if the majority of peple believed like you, why on earth would you even make the post?
I think you are trying to comvince yourself.

46zilzal
09-05-2006, 04:24 PM
not trying to convince myself of a thing. This clown does it all by himself.

46zilzal
09-05-2006, 04:30 PM
DUBYA: Imagine a world in which Saddam Hussein was there, stirring up even more trouble in a part of the world that had so much resentment and so much hatred that people came and killed 3,000 of our citizens. You know, I've heard this theory about everything was just fine until we arrived, and kind of we're going to stir up the hornet's nest theory. It just doesn't hold water, as far as I'm concerned. The terrorists attacked us and killed 3,000 of our citizens before we started the freedom agenda in the Middle East.
REPORTER: What did Iraq have to do with that?
DUBYA: What did Iraq have to do with what?
REPORTER: The attack on the World Trade Center?
DUBYA: Nothing. Except for it's part of -- and nobody has ever suggested in this administration that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack.
-- Perhaps, but if you want to see a severely blurred distinction between Saddam Hussein and the September 11 hijackers, have another look at the beginning of this quote. White House, Aug. 21, 2006

Idiot can't even remember the script.

ljb
09-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Please stop picking on Dubya. The guy he is working for (Cheney) is a real hard ass. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Iraq certainly was (before the most recent invasion), and currently is, a hotbed of terrorist support and terrorst activity. Obviously, Iran and Syria can also be considered prime targets of terrorist support, training, and other activities.

However, Iraq and Afghanistan were the easiest to "sell" at the time, so that is where we went.

Why is this so difficult to understand for some?

Show Me the Wire
09-05-2006, 05:30 PM
PA.

Because the facts get in the way of the agenda.

Tom
09-05-2006, 06:02 PM
These guys do not see the big picture....we are not done yet.

JustRalph
09-05-2006, 09:44 PM
These guys do not see the big picture....we are not done yet.

I would have agreed two years back. But the Media and the Dems have convinced the American people that they need to be shortsighted and closed minded. This was always about the big picture. I have been saying that here since the war began. But, we have lost the battle in the media.......

The battle on the ground should have been won two years ago.....and the invasion of at least two more countries should have been done by now. Nope, they wouldn't pull the trigger when they needed to. They are still trying to fight a surgical war. It is a damn shame..........

Tom
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
We will gear it back up after the next major Terror attacks on our soil - the one that will dwarf 9-11.

And it is going to happen - I am 100% sure.
Just today, Bush said we are not safe, and then put off protecting 2,000 miles of open borders off until after elections.

There is no way this half-assed, incompetant, moronic government of ours will ever outwit Al Qeda. No way in hell. Intellectually, they can beat us. Dedication to cause, we are no match to them, not even close. They only edge we have is our military might, and we are afraid to offend anyone by using it.

We lost a lot battles in WWII until we got our shit together. We will lose some more in the near future - then maybe we will will strike hard enough to make a difference next time.

DJofSD
09-05-2006, 10:11 PM
We lost a lot battles in WWII until we got our shit together.

No Patton. No MacAurther. No Nimitz. Hells bells, not even a Montgomery.

Need I say more?

JustRalph
09-06-2006, 12:46 AM
No Patton. No MacAurther. No Nimitz. Hells bells, not even a Montgomery.

Need I say more?

yep, and way too many Kerry's and Kennedy's............

46zilzal
09-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Islamic fundamentalism has no address. It is an idea not a location.

JustRalph
09-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Islamic fundamentalism has no address. It is an idea not a location.

I bet I can find a whole bunch of it on air chart........for a bombing run.....

ljb
09-06-2006, 07:24 AM
The "war on terrorism has been botched by this administration. The invasion of Iraq has been a wasteful diversion from fighting terrorists. It was poorly conceived and has been poorly managed. After 9/11 we had support from most of the world and all Americans and our administration totally wasted this support with their actions. The war mongering neocons must be removed from power and perhaps sounder minds can clean up the mess. It will take some time but it can be done.

hcap
09-06-2006, 08:51 AM
An imaginery Press conference...based on previous bush responses

The Bush Press Conference We'd Love to See But Never Will
http://ostroyreport.blogspot.com/2006/09/bush-press-conference-wed-love-to-see.html

MSNBC's David Gregory: Mr. President, I'd like to ask you again what was asked of you two weeks ago by a reporter: what does the war in Iraq have to do with 9/11?

Bush: My answer is the same. Nothing.

Gregory: Why then, after all we now know about no WMD and no connections to al Qaeda, are you still discussing it in the same sentence every time you talk about the war on terror?

Bush: Because Iraq is the central front in the war on terror.

Gregory: But Iraq before the invasion was controlled by Saddam, and there was no presence of al Qaeda there. And the terrorists who attacked us were mainly from Saudi Arabia; not one was from Iraq. So, it would seem that it's only become the central front since the invasion. Are you denying then that we created the very thing we were most afraid of?

Bush: No. Next question...Helen...

Hearst's Helen Thomas: Mr. President, I'd like to stay on this subject. Is it not duplicitous therefore to continue referencing the 9/11 attacks every time you are asked about Iraq? Is this not an attempt to blatantly deceive the American people?

Bush: Er...um...no, it's not Helen. And I take offense to the accusation.

I thought I would round up all the slogans, themes and phrases used by the bushies.

Folks
(this one is the craziest. Probably used first by rummy.)
Bad Guys
Evildoers
WMDs
Osama=Saddam=Iraq
Regime change
They hate us for our freedoms
Democracy to region
Dead enders
Last throes
Gwot
Long slog
Long war
cut and run
As they stand up we'll stand down
We must fight them over there so that we don't have to fight them over here
Islamofascism.
Appeasers

ljb
09-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Hcap,
You ain't seen nothing yet. Rove and the neocons have obtained millions of dollars from the corporate lobbyists. They will do anything to avoid losing their iron fist-ed grasp on our government. As the election nears we can expect a deluge of attack ads full of half-truths, innuendos and outright lies. We must all join together to wrest control of our government back from the corporate powers and big money. We can again have a government of, by and for ALL the people, not just the aristocrats. Call your friends and remind them to vote. If you got a few bucks left after filling your tank, donate them to the candidate of your choice.

hcap
09-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey ljb,

I guess my name is really Neville
You and Sec and 46 must be Chamberlain.
And it must be 1939.

Appeasement anyone? :lol:

Fareed Zakaria....

Washington has a long habit of painting its enemies 10 feet tall — and crazy. During the cold war, many hawks argued that the Soviet Union could not be deterred because the Kremlin was evil and irrational. The great debate in the 1970s was between the CIA's wimpy estimate of Soviet military power and the neoconservatives' more nightmarish scenario. The reality turned out to be that even the CIA's lowest estimates of Soviet power were a gross exaggeration. During the 1990s, influential commentators and politicians — most prominently the Cox Commission — doubled the estimates of China's military spending, using largely bogus calculations. And then there was the case of Saddam Hussein's capabilities. Saddam, we were assured in 2003, had nuclear weapons — and because he was a madman, he would use them.

Tom
09-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Is there any doubt who will be at fault for the next attack?
LIBS.
Plain and simple.
OBL would be proud of you guys here.
Disgusting.

DJofSD
09-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Washington has a long habit of painting its enemies 10 feet tall — and crazy.

And the demlibs would have us believe that all people are trustworthy and with nothing but honorable intentions in their hearts.

Secretariat
09-06-2006, 08:17 PM
The latest from the front. A bit differnet than the rosy assessment from the administration.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/fromthefrontlines/

What Dropoff? August Death Total in Baghdad Morgue Triples
September 06, 2006

What Dropoff? August Death Total in Baghdad Morgue Triples
We took an interesting phone call today from an official at the Baghdad morgue. We get these calls every day – a daily tally of the violence. But this one was particularly sobering.

It turns out the official toll of violent deaths in August was just revised upwards to 1535 from 550, tripling the total. Now, we’re depressingly used to hearing about deaths here, so much so that the numbers can be numbing. But this means that a much-publicized drop-off in violence in August – heralded by both the Iraqi government and the US military as a sign that a new security effort in Baghdad was working -- apparently didn’t exist.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey, I have a question. Has the hoping (err...scratch that....make that MONITORING...don't want to piss anyone off....:eek: ) for US troop casualties gotten so boring as of late that they've decided to concentrate on counting Iraqi bodies?