PDA

View Full Version : 9/4 SAR 7th Race

LaughAndBeMerry
09-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Worse non-call I've ever seen in NY, and not just because I singled the 6 in PK4s and had a big 1/6 box. People standing on either side of me at the track that used only the 3 stated they had all but torn up their tickets.

What the f**k are the NY stewards doing (or not doing) these days?

ryesteve
09-05-2006, 12:21 PM
The #3 was clear most of the stretch, and it looked like the only reason he bumped the #1 at the wire was because the #6 bumped the #1 (again) and herded him to the inside. Meanwhile, the #6 and the #1 spent the entire stretch run taking turns fouling each other. Under the circumstances, letting it stand didn't seem unreasonable.

LaughAndBeMerry
09-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Watch the last 20 yards again if you can. Santos comes out three or four paths and slams the 6 causing Dominguez to steady sharply. If that doesn't happen the 6 runs by the 3. I agree that the 6 and 1 leaned on each other a little down the stretch.

I thought Greenery was the play of the meet. The only other time in the past five years Clement has run a firster at 10F on the turf she won. Running a filly against the boys told me he was dying to find a marathon for her.

She'll win next time and pay $4.00. Just my luck.

ryesteve
09-05-2006, 04:10 PM
I watched the head-on a few times, focusing on each horse. At the very end, I thought the firster came in much more sharply than the winner was coming out, but maybe the angle of the head-on camera (not really head-on when they're on the grass) makes it deceptive.Nice investigative work on the pick, though. Too bad the outcome wasn't clean.