PDA

View Full Version : Fairplex Spot Plays Saturday (9/14)

rrbauer
09-14-2002, 03:35 PM
I understand that the big hit at the fair yesterday was the Deep Fried Snickers Ice Cream Bars for $3. Such a deal!

Slim pickin's today but here's a couple ideas.

R3
It boils down to Sideshow Caper outgunning Paint Me Quick and then trying to hold off Swingin Swiss.

R4
Shuttlin should do a coast-to-coast with this bunch. Beware the one coming in from Utah for Mullins: L B's Express

R5
Greenbaypacker is out, so it looks like Factorability will get the lead and take them most of the way with Last Mango Inparis along to mix it up late.

I'm doing a 2x2x2 P3 starting in R3 with the ones mentioned.

R7
Sheza Slick Chick moved forward nicely for Spawr and only needs to repeat that effort to win this.

R9
Valiant Vision at 10-1? I don't think so but it is a wide-open affair.

R11
Another Los Al shipper has a crack with these, Bonnie Pancho, with Primacy and Go For Greed to join the battle.

Go Baby Go!

rrbauer
09-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Fairplex Spot Plays Saturday (9/14)
Damage
R3
It boils down to Sideshow Caper outgunning Paint Me Quick and then trying to hold off Swingin Swiss. Result Sideshow Caper (3/2) got an easy trip and I was counting my money about a 1/16th too soon! She gave it in the last 100 yds to Honeyofascore and then lost 2nd to Iza Beauty. All of which made short work of the P3 and my place bet on ‘Caper. ‘Swiss was 4th but never a factor.

R4
Shuttlin should do a coast-to-coast with this bunch. Beware the one coming in from Utah for Mullins: L B's Express Result Again, my horse gets the easy trip but when Bold N Broke slipped thru on the rail into the far turn all Shuttlin (3/2) could do was chase and be 2nd. L B’s Express (2-1) came up hot in the betting but was cold in the running. Dropped a few bucks in exactas here.

R5
Greenbaypacker is out, so it looks like Factorability will get the lead and take them most of the way with Last Mango Inparis along to mix it up late. Result ’Mango was a vet scratch with 2 MTP. Factorability got away OK but was hooked immediately by Induction Bay and Factor dropped out on the far turn. Mr. Rambler looped on the turn and took over with Onefourtwentyfour coming strong but had to check and take up in the stretch and settled for 2nd. ‘Bay was 3rd. My exactas were refunded when ‘Mango was scratched. No blood.

R7
Sheza Slick Chick moved forward nicely for Spawr and only needs to repeat that effort to win this. Result ’Chick got away OK but was tackled on the inside by Ginger Roo and ‘Roo took the lead into the far turn. Then Girl Talk came on the inside to beat them both. ‘Chick got 3rd. No good on the win bet.

R9
Valiant Vision at 10-1? I don't think so but it is a wide-open affair. Result Didn’t watch this one and didn’t play so all I know is that Rico Fighter got the win.

R11
Another Los Al shipper has a crack with these, Bonnie Pancho, with Primacy and Go For Greed to join the battle. Result Bonnie broke running then (who is this rider?) took back and made a mess of her race. Meantime Miss Spokane Creek got the lead and took them all the way to deep stretch where Primacy got up for the win. Vagabondia (Los Al shipper) was forwardly placed and got 3rd. No exactas for this kid as neither Go For Greed or Bonnie P. were on the board.

I had run from most of my horses today, but nothing when it counted. Taking a day off tomorrow. See ya’ on Monday.