PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Money

xciceroguy
09-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know if the money they take in on races in Vegas has an effect on the odds in any given race? I often watch the odds on a horse go from 3 to 1 at the post to 2 to 1 at the first turn and then fall even lower mid race. Is this caused by the money coming in from OTB's?

Thanks
Xciceroguy

P.S. You guys have a great forum here.

kingfin66
09-03-2006, 06:46 PM
The Vegas money definitely has an effect as it goes directly into the pools.

DeadCrab
09-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Vegas money is no different than any other off-track betting site, except that their integrity is probably a lot higher than the off-shores. It is illegal to rebate on horse racing in Nevada, so most of the whales that used to play there have gone elsewhere.

BTW, I'm an ex-Cicero guy myself. 1900 block of S. 49th Ave.

kenwoodallpromos
09-03-2006, 11:49 PM
odds changes are supposedly due to the length of time it takes non-track betting from all sources to report in. Since many last-minute bettors rush to the respective windows, my guess is they have no idea who to bet so many bet the favorite- percieved lowest rick for addicted gamblers.
But I've been told I'm wrong and that everybody bets like they know what they are doing!LOL!

xciceroguy
09-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Vegas money is no different than any other off-track betting site, except that their integrity is probably a lot higher than the off-shores. It is illegal to rebate on horse racing in Nevada, so most of the whales that used to play there have gone elsewhere.

BTW, I'm an ex-Cicero guy myself. 1900 block of S. 49th Ave.

Wow thats strange, I was a cop there for 8 years. I chased many a gang banger right passed your house. LOL

DeadCrab
09-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Wow thats strange, I was a cop there for 8 years. I chased many a gang banger right passed your house. LOL

Yeah, I left there in 1979, just when the gangs were gearing up.

Back then, it was a decent place to live, especially if you were a horseplayer. Safe to walk to the newstand down at Cermak and Laramie late at night to get the next day's form. And - close to the 54B bus to Sportsman's and Hawthorne.