PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Stripes Future Star?

BIG49010
09-03-2006, 10:51 AM
This horse looked very impressive to me, any comments?

My fig for horse was decent also.

BIG49010
10-06-2006, 10:51 PM
I guess I was right, and not a bad price tonight.

Stevie Belmont
10-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Looked awesome in the paddock..... Relaxed, poised and calm...Awesome.

On Board Again was awesome looking as well...A bit on edge, not enough to cause concern.....

the little guy
10-07-2006, 01:23 AM
This horse was very impressive tonight. He got cut off at the start, made a premature wide move on the backstretch, and won as much the best. He certainly seems pretty good.

The second finisher didn't behave too well in the paddock and really benefited from a suck up trip while third place finisher, Hesanoldsalt, did much more actual work during the race.

Nice showing by the Pletcher entrents, both of who Todd said in print before the race were doing great, as they never ran a step. High Cotton sat in a perfect spot and backed up on the backstretch while Fairbanks, unsurprisingly, never showed up. I am guessing we have seen the last of High Cotton.

Stevie Belmont
10-07-2006, 09:32 AM
On Board Again ws stellar looking, but was not in the mood to be saddled. I would agree that he was certainly on edge. He was not to the point where I was gonna toss him on his paddock behavior, but I would have much preffered a calmer horse. His head was bowed and all business on the track..

Diamond Stripes acted like a pony on the farm. Perfect acter and looked relaxed. He ran a very big race. Not ready to say anything except I would like to see another. Dutrow will not throw him to the wolves if he think he has a real good one, and he very well might.

Stevie Belmont
10-07-2006, 09:36 AM
This horse was very impressive tonight. He got cut off at the start, made a premature wide move on the backstretch, and won as much the best. He certainly seems pretty good.

The second finisher didn't behave too well in the paddock and really benefited from a suck up trip while third place finisher, Hesanoldsalt, did much more actual work during the race.

Nice showing by the Pletcher entrents, both of who Todd said in print before the race were doing great, as they never ran a step. High Cotton sat in a perfect spot and backed up on the backstretch while Fairbanks, unsurprisingly, never showed up. I am guessing we have seen the last of High Cotton.

The Pletcher crew was there in force. High Cotton had long campaign and the more I looked at him the less I liked. He looked okay in the paddock...Head was down the few times I looked. I agree...this guy is over the top. Maybe a long break might help, but I think he is a raced out three year old.....

the_fat_man
10-07-2006, 11:42 AM

No doubt.

I wonder, however, given the nature of his trip and the ease with which he won, whether he's very good or the field was that bad.

the little guy
10-07-2006, 08:18 PM
No doubt.

I wonder, however, given the nature of his trip and the ease with which he won, whether he's very good or the field was that bad.

I would usually tend to say it was more the latter but I actually think the Frankel horse is pretty good and he had a very sweet trip and wasn't even close to the winner. So, for just his third start I would have to think the winner is pretty good. Don't forget his final time in his second start was barely slower than the Woodward went later that day.

I wonder if this horse will point for the Clark or consider cutting back for a race like the Malibu. For once it feels like we are heading into next year with more than a handful of decent handicap horses.

cj
10-08-2006, 08:07 AM
105 Beyer