PDA

View Full Version : America Tab / BrisBet "eliminates" fees

MikeH
09-13-2002, 11:09 PM
I just received this release from America Tab:

America TAB Announces New "Players Club" and its Benefits

America TAB and BrisBET.com are pleased to announce the establishment of a new "Players Club" rewards program for its valued members.

The first benefit announced in conjunction with the creation of the new rewards program is effective immediately - all wager transaction fees incurred by Players Club members will be paid by corporate sponsors of the America TAB Players
Club.

That's right, you can now bet on all of America's best racetracks, and let the Players Club sponsors pay all of your wagering fees!

==================================================
It's nice to see an organization doing nice things for their customers!

BillW
09-13-2002, 11:15 PM
MikeH,

This is good news, but judging from your post on CDSN, I doubt that you will like the "free" cost of the advertisers paying for your wagers.

(Just a skeptic that hates that intrusion too:) )

Bill

Zman
09-14-2002, 03:42 PM
The ONLY reason as to why BrisBET/America TAB is "eliminating" wagering fees is probably because they were getting their a** handed to them due to the dropoff in business. Youbet experienced the same thing back when BrisBET was being touted as a fee-free wagering platform, and that's how BrisBET gained most of their customers, and how Youbet lost their's.

Bottom line is that no one should have to pay twice to make a bet (once via the takeout, again via the 25 cent wagering fee).

Think about this: America TAB is owned by Beulah Park. So if you had placed a wager at Beulah Park via America TAB, this entity double charged you to place a bet at their own track! Absurd.

JimG
09-14-2002, 03:48 PM
Zman,

Welcome to the board. I've read your posts on Netcapper. You'll be a great asset to an already top notch BBS.

Again, welcome.

Jim