PDA

View Full Version : New York is going to be a mess tomorrow

JustRalph
09-01-2006, 11:01 PM
anybody got any tips for handicapping Saratoga in a monsoon.......?

I thought the woodward was going to be a very good race. But with this weather.......what a mess!

Tom
09-02-2006, 12:05 AM
On the Weather Channel, they showed a map with a line projecting the storm's path - it goes right through my living room!

Zaf
09-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Well at least it will be on the cool side for Funny Cide :)

Z

Stevie Belmont
09-02-2006, 12:09 AM
In the Forego there are a bevy of horses that relish an off track, as well as Saratoga in general.

Quick note on Commentator....3 for 3 over the strip...3 for 3 on an off track and 4 for 4 at the distance. Just food for thought. I have not made a final selection yet. I do think Pomeroy (Successful on off track as well) will run a big one, and offer value. Will use for sure.

As for the Woodward Flower Alley moves up on the off track/sloppy. I think the surface will benefit him the most. Wanderin Boy has shown he can handle a muddy track with ease. Should encounter some pressure early. Wild Desert ran a solid one in the slop. Suave is bred top and bottom wonderfully, but lags behind in the class department.

Outside these and there are question marks. Funny Cide has shown he can handle an off track. There is a question of weather he likes a sloppy track. I would say he can handle it. Ran well in a muddy Wood. Tomorrow i'm capping for slop. Naughty New Yorker sports a win, but it does not matter on a class level. Sun King has never run a race on an off track, and it could impact him more then anyone.

cj
09-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Barclay Tagg has already said that FC won't run if the track is off.

JustRalph
09-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Cj........ what kind of adjustments do you make with your numbers, when it comes to an off track? I mean, for tomorrow do you just use the numbers as they are? or do you add or subtract anything.........maybe I am more or less asking.......how do they hold up in the rain? Which is probably unfair since they are derived from mostly fast tracks I would assume.

BlueShoe
09-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Of Saratogas first seven races Saturday,five are maiden races.Three are for 2 year olds,with many first starters,and two slated for turf,which will,of course switch to the main.A tough card on this final Saturday on fast,in the expected gumbo,it will be,shall we say,quite challenging.Until the many scratches are in,the Woodward and the Forego really cannot be figured.Out West at Old Del Mar,they only give us four maiden races on also the final Saturday.Oh well,at least the track will be fast and firm.Nothing against maiden races,do find plays in then,but not nearly as often as in races for winners.Hmmm-college football season starts Saturday,doesnt it?

GaryG
09-02-2006, 08:43 AM
I see Monmouth had enough sense not to card any turf races for Sunday.

kenwoodallpromos
09-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Of Saratogas first seven races Saturday,five are maiden races.Three are for 2 year olds,with many first starters,and two slated for turf,which will,of course switch to the main.A tough card on this final Saturday on fast,in the expected gumbo,it will be,shall we say,quite challenging.Until the many scratches are in,the Woodward and the Forego really cannot be figured.Out West at Old Del Mar,they only give us four maiden races on also the final Saturday.Oh well,at least the track will be fast and firm.Nothing against maiden races,do find plays in then,but not nearly as often as in races for winners.Hmmm-college football season starts Saturday,doesnt it?
Multiple longshots!

Tom
09-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Track looks good so far....1 down.

bigmack
09-02-2006, 02:57 PM
FEMA has arrived with provisions "in the event"

http://sopadj1.netsons.org/gallery/gal/funny/horse_bathing.jpg

JustRalph
09-02-2006, 03:21 PM
nice shot! :lol:

BlueShoe
09-03-2006, 09:14 PM
After handicapping for the expected drenching and muddy & off,the track is fast and firm all day,so had to refigure the whole card.Didnt make much difference,bad day for this player in upstate NY Saturday.

kenwoodallpromos
09-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Multiple longshots!
______
Sar 9-2- 7 races paid $44.40+; 3 paid $24.40+!

kenwoodallpromos
09-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Multiple longshots!
______
Sar 9-2- 7 races paid $11.40+; 3 paid $24.40+!