PDA

View Full Version : Sports Quotes

bigmack
09-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Found a few entertaining ones:

On this team, we are all united in a common goal: to keep my job.
-- Lou Holtz

I'd run over my mother to win the Super Bowl.
-- Russ Grimm

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
--JoeTheismann

Wiley
09-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Those are good Bigmack. :D

Read a good one the other day in an Ernie Harwell column.

Ralph Houk was managing the Yankees in a game and goes to the plate to dispute a call, he says to the home plate umpire,
"I passed the kennel on the way to the game today, your mom is doing fine"

JPinMaryland
09-07-2006, 01:14 AM
"How do you feel about your team's execution?"

"Oh, I'm all for it." -John McKay

Dan Montilion
09-07-2006, 02:00 AM
I'd run over my mother to win the Super Bowl.
-- Russ Grimm

After been told of the above quote. Matt Millen of the Oakland Raiders said "I'd also run over Russ Grimm's mother to win the Super Bowl"

When John Brodie was asked why the he had to hold the ball for field goals and extra points. Brodie's response was "If I don't it will fall down"

Dan Montilion
09-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Bo Schembechler on how difficult the press could be on a Michigan head coach. "If I walked on water the headlines the next day would read Bo Can't Swim".

Bo Schembechler on Woody Hayes
I played for Woody, I coached for him, I patterned my life after him, and I consider him a great friend of mine.
Woody Hayes on Bo Schembechler
I didn't like the son of a bitch when he played for me, I didn't like him when he worked for me, and I certainly don't like him now.

dav4463
09-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Jason Kidd when he played for Dallas, "It's what separates the professionals from the taxpayers.".....whatever that means! I forget what he was talking about at the time, but the local sports radio station had a lot of fun with it.

bigmack
09-07-2006, 02:50 AM
Joe E. Lewis on horseracing:
This is the only place where the windows clean the people

John Steinbeck:
The profession of book writing makes horse racing seem like a solid, stable business

Valuist
09-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Yogi Berra:

"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

ghostyapper
09-07-2006, 04:32 PM
"I think the White Sox should have a stranglehold on the WC shortly.."

-sq7664

rrpic6
09-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Ken Stabler, when asked if he worked out:

" I lift weights...12 ounces at a time."

schweitz
09-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Satchel Paige:

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching."

Bala
09-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Don't know where to put this link:

University of Kansas football charges infants full-price admission.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=sports&id=4538638

Murph
09-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Here is a couple of quotes from Joe Namath. He always had a knack for providing an entertaining comment.

" When we won the league championship, all the married guys on the club had to thank their wives for putting up with all the stress and strain all season. I had to thank all the single broads in New York. "

" Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was 'shut up.' "

" You learn you can do your best even when it's hard, even when you're tired and maybe hurting a little bit. It feels good to show some courage. "

Joe Namath