PDA

View Full Version : Mighty David

rrbauer
09-13-2002, 08:29 PM
Today Mighty David ran in the Foothill Stakes at Fairplex. I did not post any opinions for the Fairplex card today, but I can tell you that I did take a stand against MD.

MD ran a Beyer 112 on July 10. Two weeks later the connections entered him against Kona Gold and company. I spoke out against that in a post on this board and I was happy that they scratched the horse.

Then they entered/ran the horse on August 1 in an optional claimer and ran 5th in a field of 7 earning a Beyer of 82.

On August 30 the horse was entered in another optional claimer and I spoke out again concerning running the horse....my post from Aug 30 before/after the race:

R2
First, I’m sorry to see Mighty David in here. Paasch just doesn’t get it about resting these horses after big efforts and a bounce. Ecstatic will make the lead and something will run him down….I think! No pick. Result Crafty C. T. popped the gate Mighty David and Ecstatic took up the chase and at the ½ mile pole they were 3-across. Off the turn ‘David backed out (then started lugging out badly….I told you!) with Ecstatic grinding away but couldn’t hold C.T. late. Fleet Foot along middle of the track for 3rd. Eh!

Final comment: This horse needs rest. The major lugging out in its last race was a cry for rest. Today they ran him against tough sprinters on a tight-turn racetrack that puts major stress on legs. He never led. He pressed between horses on the backside and backed out into the turn when he bobbled. (Pedroza claimed foul which was duh duh duh)

This guy needs a couple months off, and if you have a pipeline to the trainer pls pass this along! And if he shows up in the meantime, you've been warned....again!