PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Race 7 ---Nice Trip Rojas

the_fat_man
08-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Check the replay, you'll need the headons, for a very nice example of an incredibly poor ride (for a moment I thought I was watching Frankie Labocetta Jr. in the saddle).

1) breaks out --ground loss
2) then comes in suddenly bumping with the 8 (who took out a couple himself at the break--PinBall)
3) rushed up between/behind horses just before entering the turn ---has to check badly for a number of strides ---jerk him up, jock

4) actually enters the stretch with a chance BUT can't get the horse to change leads --or put him in a drive ---can I suggest busting him hard once or twice with the whip while handling him strongly with the reins?

all in all, lost by 5 1/2 :lol:

all in all of a very nice example of how to do just about everything wrong on a horse:bang:

typically, I wouldn't want this one back, too many horses get in trouble out of the gate and on the backside, and the race did fall apart entering the stretch, so he was one of a few running late, but he gets a piece of the money and maybe even wins with strong handling in the lane

yeah, I can do this OBVIOUS tripping thing :cool:

but ONE a day is my limit

:ThmbUp:

Dinner time is quickly approaching

classhandicapper
08-30-2006, 05:37 PM
The favorite got a very good trip from Prado. I thought Ferocious Fires was overbet at bit at 1.10, but I wasn't sure who to use against him. His last race was very good (trouble at the start and wide), but he was 2 for 2 off badly and a few of the others were coming out of fast paced races where they were used hard early. I made him no mortal lock to get out well today.

BIG49010
08-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Tough horse to back in that spot, the winner and the second place horse were superior on paper, and they ran 1-2. It wouldn't have made any difference who was riding, he just made the price go down for next time, if they put the horse in right spot. Guys like Rojas are hard to bet at Saratoga, although
F. Leon won a race the other day.

the_fat_man
08-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Tough horse to back in that spot, the winner and the second place horse were superior on paper, and they ran 1-2. It wouldn't have made any difference who was riding, he just made the price go down for next time, if they put the horse in right spot. Guys like Rojas are hard to bet at Saratoga, although
F. Leon won a race the other day.

Interesting statement.

What does it mean, exactly, to say that the 'winner ...w[as] superior on paper' when the winner needed a perfect trip on the rail, to win the race?

I didn't bet the horse, I'm just commenting on the trip.

This horse lost by 5 1/2 and certainly got into at least 5 1/2 lengths of trouble. Which seems to make a statement against the paper superiority of the top two.

You're right on about the price going down next time. Wonder if the connections are kicking themselves.