PDA

View Full Version : Racing Circuits?

CBedo
08-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Can anyone point me to a resource where I can find which tracks are part of the same circuits (ie, BEL, AQU, & SAR)? I am putting together a master yearly calendar and although I know most of the main ones, there are some that I have no clue about.

Secondly, is there a resource that would rank the tracks by average pool sizes? Thought that might be handy. If not, maybe, I'll try to put one together, but I'd rather be lazy and look it up!

Thanks,

CBedo

(Been lurking here learning from you guys for a while. Finally thought I'd get my feet wet--hopefully, I'll be able to contribute in some way.)

Hosshead
08-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the board.
With the changes in slots, etc., track pool size also changes.
So pool size info needs to be Recent.
Don't know where you can get Recent Avg. Pool Size.
Someone here should know.
I have some pool info that is a couple years old.

bigmack
08-29-2006, 08:05 PM
I am putting together a master yearly calendar and although I know most of the main ones, there are some that I have no clue about

If you're going to sell the calendar commercially you'd best not use the typical horse player as the monthly pic

Tom
08-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Was that from the "Saratoga House" album?
I missed the dark day there. :lol:

CBedo
08-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Typical horse player makes enough to eat that much? hmmmmm

stu
08-29-2006, 11:44 PM
I hate to dissappoint you but what you are asking for doesn't exist. Circuits are purely an artificial construct.

It depends upon the trainer's requests for stalls and their allocation.
This is especially true on smaller circuits.

For example in New Mexico, one can see all of the following patterns pivoting around Sunland:

SUN - RUI - ZIA
SUN - ALB - RUI - ALB - ZIA
SUN - ALB - SRP - ZIA
SUN - ALB - SRP - ALB - ZIA
SUN - ARP - ZIA
SUN - EMD - ZIA
SUN - HST
SUN - PRM - ZIA
SUN - PRM - WDS - ZIA
SUN - LS - RUI - ZIA
SUN - LS - RP - ZIA

The overlaps with other 'circuits' have way too many permutations to outline.

Another example is to follow the horses that leave Churchill Downs after the spring meet -- AP, ELP, and SAR.

Overlay
08-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Another example is to follow the horses that leave Churchill Downs after the spring meet -- AP, ELP, and SAR.

Granted, the horses that run at Churchill in the spring can (and do) go anywhere once the meeting there is over. But strictly from the standpoint of consecutive racing dates and geography, the Kentucky "circuit" (to name one such group of tracks) traditionally ran from Keeneland (April) to Churchill Downs (May - June) to Ellis Park (July-August) to Turfway Park (September) to Keeneland (October) to Churchill (November), and then back to Turfway for the winter (December-March).

CBedo
08-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks Overlay, for clarifiying exactly what I meant. That's what I'm looking for: Geographically & Chronologically, which tracks are tied together.

Thanks again.

Overlay
08-30-2006, 07:14 AM
As another example, the Chicago circuit alternates between Hawthorne and Arlington Park. 2006 dates for those tracks have Hawthorne running from 24 February to 2 May, Arlington from 5 May to 12 September, and then Hawthorne again from 15 September to 31 December.

(An alphabetical listing of tracks with their 2006 racing dates can be found at

http://www.drf.com/entries/dates2006.html

The listing doesn't break tracks down by circuit, however.)

BIG49010
08-30-2006, 09:04 AM
You have the elite circuit.

Gulfsteam to Keeneland, Keeneland to Churchill for derby week, Belmont to Saratoga, back to Belmont, Belmont to Keenland to Churchill / Breeders Cup.

ceejay
08-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Can anyone point me to a resource where I can find which tracks are part of the same circuits (ie, BEL, AQU, & SAR)? I am putting together a master yearly calendar and although I know most of the main ones, there are some that I have no clue about.
Formulator 4.1 has "circuit" options on their querrys. Perhaps they could respond if you make an inquiry to Marc.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=127

jwcomposer
08-30-2006, 12:37 PM
I tend to consider Turfway part of TWO circuits: Kentucky and Cincinnati. While the lower division from River goes to Beulah for the winter months, the better competitors tend to visit the synthetic surface at old Latonia.

Also, is Suffolk/Canterbury-Tampa a viable circuit? It seems as if a lot of the horsepeople from Suf and Cby winter in Tampa, but then again, Tampa horses ship everywhere once their meet ends.