PDA

View Full Version : Bredar fired?

BillW
08-28-2006, 09:50 PM
J.J.Graci reported today that CDI has an opening for a racing secy. Haven't seen it reported anywhere else.

Zaf
08-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Its true Bill.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/78026.html

Bredar fired by Churchill
By MARTY McGEE
Doug Bredar, the racing secretary at Churchill Downs and Ellis Park since February 2002, was fired Monday by Churchill Downs Inc., the parent company of both tracks.

Bredar, 44, was unavailable for comment, but a family member confirmed that he had been informed of the firing Monday and had already cleaned out his office at Churchill in Louisville, Ky., and was scheduled to do so Tuesday at Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky.......

Z

BillW
08-28-2006, 10:34 PM
D,

I saw Cunningham post this over on DT right before you posted it here. Guess he was doing a bad job. :confused:

Its true Bill.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/78026.html

Bredar fired by Churchill
By MARTY McGEE
Doug Bredar, the racing secretary at Churchill Downs and Ellis Park since February 2002, was fired Monday by Churchill Downs Inc., the parent company of both tracks.

Bredar, 44, was unavailable for comment, but a family member confirmed that he had been informed of the firing Monday and had already cleaned out his office at Churchill in Louisville, Ky., and was scheduled to do so Tuesday at Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky.......

Z

BIG49010
08-29-2006, 08:36 AM
God that is bad news, I hope that doesn't mean the old lady has to go back to TVG! :lol:

LaughAndBeMerry
08-29-2006, 09:18 AM
God that is bad news, I hope that doesn't mean the old lady has to go back to TVG! :lol:

Don't think there's any chance of that. Caton's actually doing straight news now as the sunrise weekend anchor at a local Louisville station.

I actually thought she was pretty good pre-TVG days. I thought Doug had done an OK job at CD. Not sure what the beef was.

BIG49010
08-29-2006, 10:06 AM
She just talked tooooooooooooooo much, she knows the subject very well being the daughter of trainer Ray Metzler, but talk about 2-3 horses like Jan in NY, you don't have to talk about every horse in the race in less than 2 minutes.:bang:

I think Doug did a decent job at Arlington also, I don't know what the problem was, maybe small fields at the summer meetings at Ellis and Arlington, but thats just the state of summer racing too many tracks.