PDA

View Full Version : A baseball rarity (???)

Bathless
08-27-2006, 12:38 PM
KC Royals edged the Blue Jays, 2-0.

What was unusual was that both starting pitchers, Runelvys Hernandez and Roy Halladay, went the distance.

How many of these have there been this season?

My kind of ball game. 2hours 8 minutes. I love good pitching....

headhawg
08-27-2006, 01:03 PM
There was another possible first time occurrence in a major league game: a 5-7-3 putout! It was in the White Sox/Tigers game a few nights ago. Sean Casey hit a rocket line drive to Joe Crede. It went off his glove, but Casey thought that Crede caught it and stopped running. He realized his mistake, but Pablo Ozuna in left threw him out at first by a half-step.

Gotta love the game of baseball.

sq764
08-27-2006, 02:33 PM
KC Royals edged the Blue Jays, 2-0.

What was unusual was that both starting pitchers, Runelvys Hernandez and Roy Halladay, went the distance.

How many of these have there been this season?

My kind of ball game. 2hours 8 minutes. I love good pitching....
When the Phillies played the Mets last week, Lieber threw a CG shutout and Glavine went 7.. Game went in 2:03
And this is likely why:

Total pitches thrown - 225.. total strikes - 148

freeneasy
08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
There was another possible first time occurrence in a major league game: a 5-7-3 putout! It was in the White Sox/Tigers game a few nights ago. Sean Casey hit a rocket line drive to Joe Crede. It went off his glove, but Casey thought that Crede caught it and stopped running. He realized his mistake, but Pablo Ozuna in left threw him out at first by a half-step.

Gotta love the game of baseball.
threw him out from left field. i ve seen the rarity of a hitter being being forced out at first by a hit to right field but never a batter getting forced out at first by a left fielder. the next time someting like that happens again we'll all be push'n up daiseies