PDA

View Full Version : How bad is the economy???

Tom
08-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Now we are downsizing PLANETS!
After 75 years of faithful service, Pluto has been downgaded to a dwarf planet.

We will run the solar system with only 8 planets. Must be a cost cutting measure.

My gut feeling is that before too long, the heavens will realize they need a ninth planet, but bring in someting from Alpha Centauri who will do the job for a lot less money.

So, what happens to all of us who, on our SATS answered " (c) 9 "
to the question of how many planets were there? Do our scores get recalculated or what?

What happens to the kids in school who were just told Monday that there were nine, but today there are only eight? Recalled?

What does this do to teacher credibility?
And will Micky rename his dog?

The implications of this dwarf ( no pun intended) global warming - this is galactical!

kenwoodallpromos
08-25-2006, 03:22 PM
The path Pluto is traveling is too liberal!LOL!!

PlanB
08-25-2006, 06:34 PM
You guys are wicked. YOU'RE Triple Ps: POLITICIZING PLUTO the PLANET.
ummm, I just don't understand why this scientific issue makes sense, PLUTO
is a PLANET and I'm gonna wear a T with that message.

Overlay
08-26-2006, 12:50 AM
And will Micky rename his dog?

Pluto is still in charge of the underworld (even if he's mad as hell about no longer being on a par with Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune in the Roman pantheon). So I suppose there's no need for Mickey to consider a name change.

Also I believe I recall reading that, after Clyde Tombaugh discovered Pluto, calculations determined that an object of its size couldn't account for all of the irregularity in the orbit of Neptune (which, I believe, is what led astronomers to believe that there was a ninth planet beyond Neptune to begin with). Maybe another "legitimate" planet will someday be discovered out beyond Neptune, and we can bring the name Pluto back from the dead, as it were.