PDA

View Full Version : This guy is a first class idiot..

sq764
08-25-2006, 09:25 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/24/60minutes/main1933092.shtml

PaceAdvantage
08-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Yup, I can agree with you 100% on that. It boggles the mind that this guy has hoodwinked a lot of people into not only reelecting him, but actually thinking he is some kind of hero (ala the recent Spike Lee documentary on Katrina on HBO).

Whatever. The world turned upside down many, many years ago, and it isn't worth trying to figure out anymore.

I guess I now know how Kerry supporters felt when Bush won reelection.

PlanB
08-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Agreed, the guy is underwelming, yet the WTC effort is way behind schedule.
Too many cooks (and crooks?).

sq764
08-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Agreed, the guy is underwelming, yet the WTC effort is way behind schedule.
Too many cooks (and crooks?).
But what does the WTC have to do with him cleaning up New Orleans?

Also, I would think creating an environment where New Orleans residents can come back and live in homes again would be more important that reconstructing 2 financial buildings

Tom
08-25-2006, 10:50 AM
SQ, it has nothing to do with anything other than Ray Nagin's brain damaged, racist, wothless head. They is less than useless.
Since they voted him in again after totally dropping the ball, I have absolutley no sympathy for NO - they can all drown this year. Can only improve the national gene pool. I say, not one more cent of my taxes to those southern fried idiots.

Earnesto - sic 'em!

JustRalph
08-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Voting Nagin back in had to be the single worst PR move the people of N.O. could have accomplished. Does anybody north of N.O. now think that we should be shoveling money south, and into Nagin's hands?

sq764
08-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Voting Nagin back in had to be the single worst PR move the people of N.O. could have accomplished. Does anybody north of N.O. now think that we should be shoveling money south, and into Nagin's hands?
He's certainly got the blame game defelction thing going - do I hear a Dem ticket with Nagin on it in '08?

Could he actually be worse than Kerry..

ponyplayerdotca
08-25-2006, 12:58 PM
This isn't really directed at the politicians for either party or anything. It's just a general outside observer kind of question:

HABITATS FOR HUMANITY seem to be able to build houses every weekend for underprivileged families across the U.S. (and world?).

Wouldn't you think that the Katrina crisis in New Orleans would be tailor-made for this organization and others like it?

In other words, one year plus later, shouldn't much cleanup and many houses have been rebuilt by SOMEONE SOMEWHERE in New Orleans by now?

Can't wrap my head around how the world works sometimes.:confused:

Secretariat
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
This isn't really directed at the politicians for either party or anything. It's just a general outside observer kind of question:

HABITATS FOR HUMANITY seem to be able to build houses every weekend for underprivileged families across the U.S. (and world?).

Wouldn't you think that the Katrina crisis in New Orleans would be tailor-made for this organization and others like it?

In other words, one year plus later, shouldn't much cleanup and many houses have been rebuilt by SOMEONE SOMEWHERE in New Orleans by now?

Can't wrap my head around how the world works sometimes.:confused:

The volunteer roup Jimmy Carter founded is already there working:

http://www.habitat.org/disaster/OHD/

ponyplayerdotca
08-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks for that link Secretariat.

It's good to see they've set up a fund, etc., and hopefully they will get New Orleans rebuilt to some great degree in the near future.

My only question though is should it be left up to a charity organization like this to (seemingly) solely bare the rebuilding responsibility?

Shouldn't there have been some significant (and immediate) Federal government funding and manpower assistance sent down there and stay there to this day fixing things?

Again, I don't know exactly how much has been done, but as far as the reporting of such news, it has seemingly disappeared from the media's consciousness due to Iraq, Lebanon, Israel, etc.

You'd think a national disaster on your own home soil would somehow take precedence over foreign issues, at least to some degree (regardless of which party is in power in Washington).

All the time and money being spent to repair Afghanistan, Iraq, and now, Israel, and very little attention being paid to your own country. That's just an uneducated opinion from an outsider, but it's how I see things at the present.

Hopefully, all will be well in the world soon, but it's hard to see how.

sq764
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks for that link Secretariat.

It's good to see they've set up a fund, etc., and hopefully they will get New Orleans rebuilt to some great degree in the near future.

My only question though is should it be left up to a charity organization like this to (seemingly) solely bare the rebuilding responsibility?

Shouldn't there have been some significant (and immediate) Federal government funding and manpower assistance sent down there and stay there to this day fixing things?

Again, I don't know exactly how much has been done, but as far as the reporting of such news, it has seemingly disappeared from the media's consciousness due to Iraq, Lebanon, Israel, etc.

You'd think a national disaster on your own home soil would somehow take precedence over foreign issues, at least to some degree (regardless of which party is in power in Washington).

All the time and money being spent to repair Afghanistan, Iraq, and now, Israel, and very little attention being paid to your own country. That's just an uneducated opinion from an outsider, but it's how I see things at the present.

Hopefully, all will be well in the world soon, but it's hard to see how.
The government has already given over $200 billion help rebuild the gulf. I would think this is quite a significant amount.

This also leads you to wonder WTF idiot Nagin has been doing with this money all this time..

Tom
08-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Jimmy Carter needs to seek out totally devestated areas to work in - otherwise, he would only drive them further downward. His skill with a hammer is admirable. Anything that doens't include his brain or mouth.
but my question to Jepedo is, where the HELL ya been, Jimmy? Them porches been needed fixin' for a long time. YOU show up just before midterms.

Pound pound pound.
Jimmy hit nail.
Jimmy hit nail.
Jimmy hit nail.

Nice to see the disgrace finally found his calling.
Does he get scale?

:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

ponyplayerdotca
08-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Over $200 billion? That is definitely a significant amount. You are bang on to question what the mayor has been doing with that money.

Yikes! :faint:

sq764
08-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Over $200 billion? That is definitely a significant amount. You are bang on to question what the mayor has been doing with that money.

Yikes! :faint:
With that being said, in truth, the Governor should have a huge responsibility in this too.. He's just intelligent enough to not pop off about the WTC not being rebuilt yet.

bigmack
08-25-2006, 03:06 PM

JustRalph
08-25-2006, 05:32 PM
With that being said, in truth, the Governor should have a huge responsibility in this too.. He's just intelligent enough to not pop off about the WTC not being rebuilt yet.

Isn't the governor a women? Blanco? I think she should get as much crap as Chocolate boy.

Contrast that with the Louisiana Gov. Haley Barbour in Miss.

Indulto
08-25-2006, 05:59 PM
SQ, it has nothing to do with anything other than Ray Nagin's brain damaged, racist, wothless head. They is less than useless.
Since they voted him in again after totally dropping the ball, I have absolutley no sympathy for NO - they can all drown this year. Can only improve the national gene pool. I say, not one more cent of my taxes to those southern fried idiots.

Earnesto - sic 'em!Tom,
I'm no fan of Nagin, but exactly how does this post-election post of yours convey any less sympathy on your part toward NO residents than those prior to the election? ;)

“Nuke ‘em, Nuke ‘em” won’t bring ole Dodger Don in from the bullpen.:D

GaryG
08-25-2006, 07:48 PM
I didn't hear if Mayor Wonka sent a thank you card to the mayor of Houston for taking all of those murderers off his hands...

bigmack
08-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Isn't the governor a women?
There's 8 of em

Secretariat
08-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Let's just hope that tropical storm in the Carribran "Ernesto" does not further develop as it is headed towards the Gulf Coast near New Orleans. And if so, let's hope GW can finish his fishing trip before it hits.

Tom
08-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Let's just hope that tropical storm in the Carribran "Ernesto" does not further develop as it is headed towards the Gulf Coast near New Orleans. And if so, let's hope GW can finish his fishing trip before it hits.

I hop[e it hits dead center and takes out the levees once and for all. The whole country would be better without NO. What a collection of lazy, whinning bastards. Alway waiting for someone else to come do thier work for them. Anyone cuaght this year is an idiot and derserves to get it. Thin out the heard.

Sec, what plans do Mayor Wonka and bithc goveneor have in place TODAY in case they get hit? Is it not THIER primary respoonsibility to take care thier city and state?
Oh, wait - they are libs. Libs do not do anything of substance, just whine and cry.

Get 'em Earnesto - wash that POS slum out to sea. Make Mephis a coastal city!

sq764
08-25-2006, 11:22 PM
There's 8 of em
How could the self proclaimed 'chocolate city' elect a mayor 'blanco'? (spanish for White)..

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

PaceAdvantage
08-26-2006, 01:30 AM
How could the self proclaimed 'chocolate city' elect a mayor 'blanco'? (spanish for White)..

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Blanco's the Governor....and she's also proudly displayed in the Spike Lee Katrina documentary currently playing on HBO.

It's all just a huge joke...makes you wonder if the only people left with common sense in this country are posting here in off-topic....lol

GaryG
08-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Get 'em Earnesto - wash that POS slum out to sea. Make Mephis a coastal city!:jump: :jump: :jump:

sq764
08-26-2006, 09:43 AM
makes you wonder if the only people left with common sense in this country are posting here in off-topic....lol
If this is true, God help us all..

GaryG
08-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Do any Texans have an opinion on this?

http://www.wjla.com/headlines/0806/352661.html

lsbets
08-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Do any Texans have an opinion on this?

http://www.wjla.com/headlines/0806/352661.html

Yeah - go home! The people who wanted to rebuild and are willing to work hard are back in NO working their tails off. The ones who stayed have worn out their welcome.

Tom
08-26-2006, 10:45 AM
The NO slogan is "Hang out near the hand out."

Must be something in the water. Oh, yeah, New Orleans! :lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
08-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I have a brother in law in Houston. He and his wife are livid at the city for letting the Katrina types "take over the city" Their words, not mine.

Secretariat
08-26-2006, 02:04 PM
I hop[e it hits dead center and takes out the levees once and for all. The whole country would be better without NO.

Got to be one of the most irresponsible statements ever made in Off Topic. Is this the new GOP approach to hurricane threats?

GaryG
08-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Got to be one of the most irresponsible statements ever made in Off Topic. Is this the new GOP approach to hurricane threats?No, just Tom and myself speaking as concerned citizens. :mad:

Tom
08-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Got to be one of the most irresponsible statements ever made in Off Topic. Is this the new GOP approach to hurricane threats?

They are going to hit somewhere, so why not hope they hit where they can't endanger responsible people? And shut up a bunch of dipshits.

So, I repeat.....Earnesto....SIC EM!:lol:

Secretariat
08-26-2006, 10:11 PM
No, just Tom and myself speaking as concerned citizens. :mad:

Concerned with what citizens? The one's who agree with you. Wishing for dead americans is the height of poor taste.

Tom
08-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Concerned with what citizens? The one's who agree with you. Wishing for dead americans is the height of poor taste.

He means WE are the concerned citizens, and I speak only for myself when I say, GO TO NO - you'll like it there! :lol:
You and Mayor Wonka can strategize.

boxcar
08-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Yup, I can agree with you 100% on that. It boggles the mind that this guy has hoodwinked a lot of people into not only reelecting him, but actually thinking he is some kind of hero (ala the recent Spike Lee documentary on Katrina on HBO).

Whatever. The world turned upside down many, many years ago, and it isn't worth trying to figure out anymore.

I guess I now know how Kerry supporters felt when Bush won reelection.

No doubt another nincompoop unfit to make it in the private sector. No wonder at all America is called the "Land of Opportunity". Incompentents can always rely on the public sector for career opportunities when all else fails.

Boxcar

skate
08-29-2006, 05:15 PM
ahh man, look at that, damn thing changed direction

get chainsaw back in the controls

Tom
08-29-2006, 08:24 PM
skate, I LIKE you! :ThmbUp::jump:

GaryG
08-29-2006, 09:16 PM
We'll get em next time

Ron
08-29-2006, 10:18 PM

he?

Secretariat
08-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Brownie lashes out at GW.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/K/KATRINA_BROWNS_REGRETS?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-08-29-08-17-01

Aug 29, 8:17 AM EDT
Ex-FEMA Chief Blames Administration

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Former FEMA Director Michael Brown, who lost his job because of Hurricane Katrina, said Tuesday his biggest regret a year later is that he wasn't candid enough about the lack of a coherent federal response plan.

"There was no plan. ... Three years ago, we should have done catastrophic planning," Brown said, charging that the Bush administration and his department head, Michael Chertoff, "would not give me the money to do that kind of planning."

As levees broke down at Katrina's strike against New Orleans and people were forced from their homes, Brown said he sought futilely to get the 82nd Airborne Division into the city quickly.

Appearing on NBC's "Today" show, he was asked about positive statements he had made at the time about how Washington would come through for the storm victims, rather than leveling with the country about how bad the situation actually was.

"Those were the White House talking points," Brown replied. "And to this day, I think that was my biggest mistake."

"Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job!" - ... GW

Show Me the Wire
08-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah and how about that police chief from the neighboring area closing off the bridge and shooting at refugees from the flood. No State level co-ordination either.

Secretariat
08-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah and how about that police chief from the neighboring area closing off the bridge and shooting at refugees from the flood. No State level co-ordination either.

So your point is what? State and local officials are idiots, but GW gets a free pass?

Show Me the Wire
08-30-2006, 07:21 PM
No, it takes cooperation on all levels to mess things up. The feds aren't the only responsible ones.

My point don't be unfairly one sided in assessing blame.

lsbets
08-30-2006, 07:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember it was almost exactly a year ago when Sec was blasting Brown and I said just wait until Brown comes out and blames Bush, Sec will tout it like John Piesan touting his picks.

:lol: :lol:

Life is too funny sometimes.

Tom
08-30-2006, 09:47 PM
So your point is what? State and local officials are idiots, but GW gets a free pass?

Correcto-mundo!

$5 down, we move to Kitty Carlisle.

PS, don't forget - the locals are generally a lazy, wothless lot - dumber than dirt.

GaryG
08-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Correcto-mundo!

$5 down, we move to Kitty Carlisle.

PS, don't forget - the locals are generally a lazy, wothless lot - dumber than dirt.Maybe not so dumb....plenty of them are still living for free in Houston and Atlanta, an extended vacation at our expense. They even have money left over for dope and gold chains.

Secretariat
08-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Maybe not so dumb....plenty of them are still living for free in Houston and Atlanta, an extended vacation at our expense. They even have money left over for dope and gold chains.

Oh yeah. Those people who went through Katrina made out like bandits. Maybe that's what we should all do, wait for a Category 4 storm to hit, and then rent a room there hoping we'll get some gold chains too.

:bang: :bang: :bang: