6th-#2 Bionic Brine ex- 1,2,4............ P3 1,2,4/ 6,7,8/ 1,6,8
7th-#8 Annie Eliza ex- 6,7,8
8th-#1 Lorraine Dear ex- 1,6,8
9th-#2 Tizaire's Heart ex- 1,2,3..........Dbl 1,2,3/ 4,7,8
10th-#7 Prince Wynn ex- 4,7,8

$300 total..........Best bet 3rd race #10 Preacher's Prize

whobet
08-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Whobet's picks for MOUNTAINEER RACE TRACK AND GAMING RESORT on 8/25/2006(Friday)

MNR Race 01
10 - GREATEST CREATION
7 - BID WITH AUTHORITY
1 - BOCA DEL TORO
5 - RIMSHOT G.
MNR Race 02
8$$$ - PRETTY EXPLOSIVE(BrisUltraPP)
2 - IMA PRIZED(BrisPick)
4 - ALMOST PRESIDENT
9 - PRICE CODE
MNR Race 03
8 - BLACK SPRINGS
3$$$ - FRESH KING
5 - ATACAMA
10 - PREACHER'S PRIZE
MNR Race 04
9$ - UNBRIDLED DIVA
10 - SWEET FERDIE
3 - CATHOUSE SAINT
8 - NO HELP NEEDED
MNR Race 05
1 - TRACIBEE
2 - CALLONE(BrisPick)
6 - EXPECTANT(BrisUltraPP)
7 - BORN TO BE CLASSY
MNR Race 06
3 - JEET'S DEVISE
1$ - BURNT MILL ROAD
9 - MR Z'S
6 - EYES OF THE CRITIC
MNR Race 07
6 - PRINCESS BUCKAROO
3 - CON ME NO MO(BrisPick)(BrisUltraPP)
8 - ANNIE ELIZA
7 - LEMONVODKA
MNR Race 08
8 - SWEETBRIAR GAL
5 - MISS CASEY THREE
6 - SOOOZ
2 - NEXT BIRDIE
MNR Race 09
3 - CHASE CAR(BrisPick)(BrisUltraPP)
2 - TIZAIRE'S HART
7 - GIANTSCAPE
1 - SEVEN MILE BEACH
MNR Race 10
4$$$ - MIGHTY FORTRESS
7 - PRINCE WYNN
9 - GHOST MATE
3 - BUCKSBRIGHTESTSTAR

Best Bet Win: MNR Race 03 - #3 FRESH KING 19.35044
Best Bet Exacta: MNR Race 01 (#10-#4) - 5.431845 - GREATEST CREATION / DREAM OF AVA
Best Bet Triple: MNR Race 05 (#2-#1-#6) - 4.968159 - CALLONE / TRACIBEE / EXPECTANT

ponyplayerdotca
08-25-2006, 01:36 PM
I was wondering when you two were going to join forces by posting both your MNR sets of picks in one thread together.

Hopefully, the rain will hold off. No grass racing tonight either - all dirt.

Buddha
08-25-2006, 02:11 PM
No grass racing tonight either - all dirt.

Yea, they always do that on Fridays. Don't know why, but that is the way that it has been for at least the last few years.

ponyplayerdotca
08-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I've simplified my handicapping for the Mountain tonight. I'm playing the HUBER VILLA-GOMEZ angle. He's been squeezing out the most of his mounts lately and hitting the board at some solid prices. So, here's 5 of his mounts tonight I'm focused on:

RACE 01 - #10 GREATEST CREATION (7-2) Huber Villa-Gomez

Nickel maiden claimer, so I'm not too thrilled about this one, but outside posts in short sprints have been potent at the Mountain lately.

RACE 02 - # 2 IMA PRIZED (8-1) Huber Villa-Gomez

Nickel-never-two fillies and mares going two turns is always a good condition for upsets. Since both faves are way out in posts 8 and 9, you might think about playing the percentages and taking a good jockey/trainer combo from an inside post. Villa-Gomez on a John Baird runner is always worth thinking about.

RACE 06 - # 6 EYES OF THE CRITIC (12-1) Huber Villa-Gomez

Heavy fave # 1 BURNT MILL ROAD is a 12 year-old who has been running okay lately, but isn't worth the 7-5 M/L being offered. And he's pinned down on the rail where he might get the worst of it if he doesn't fire from the gate. Playing the Villa-Gomez/J. Baird angle again here from a good post at another solid price.

RACE 09 - # 7 GIANTSCAPE (8-5) Huber Villa-Gomez

Huber's actually on the M/L fave in this race, but he is at a post disadvantage to the 2-1 second choice, # 2 TIZAIRE'S HEART. Both of these runners go for out-of-town trainers: Steve Margolis (Giantscape), and Tom Amoss (Tizaire's Heart). Small field shouldn't pose too much of a traffic problem for Giantscape from the wide draw. With any luck, you'll get 2-1 or higher come post time because Amoss runners usually take most of the play at MNR when they run.

RACE 10 - #10 BUCKSBRIGHTESTSTAR (6-1) Huber Villa-Gomez

Dale Baird's runner # 4 MIGHTY FORTRESS is the heavy 9-5 M/L fave in the nightcap. It's a 6f sprint for nickelers who haven't won in a year. If you don't like a low priced Baird runner, you'll get a good price on any other runner in here. Villa-Gomez has a good post just inside the fave, and it's trainer NOEL HICKEY's only entrant on the entire card. Might be worth thinking about.

I'm playing these 5 horses, $10 win and $10 place on each ($100 total wagers).

Good luck with your picks guys. :ThmbUp:

abuttry
08-25-2006, 04:52 PM
I've simplified my handicapping for the Mountain tonight. I'm playing the HUBER VILLA-GOMEZ angle. He's been squeezing out the most of his mounts lately and hitting the board at some solid prices. So, here's 5 of his mounts tonight I'm focused on:

RACE 01 - #10 GREATEST CREATION (7-2) Huber Villa-Gomez

Nickel maiden claimer, so I'm not too thrilled about this one, but outside posts in short sprints have been potent at the Mountain lately.

RACE 02 - # 2 IMA PRIZED (8-1) Huber Villa-Gomez

Nickel-never-two fillies and mares going two turns is always a good condition for upsets. Since both faves are way out in posts 8 and 9, you might think about playing the percentages and taking a good jockey/trainer combo from an inside post. Villa-Gomez on a John Baird runner is always worth thinking about.

RACE 06 - # 6 EYES OF THE CRITIC (12-1) Huber Villa-Gomez

Heavy fave # 1 BURNT MILL ROAD is a 12 year-old who has been running okay lately, but isn't worth the 7-5 M/L being offered. And he's pinned down on the rail where he might get the worst of it if he doesn't fire from the gate. Playing the Villa-Gomez/J. Baird angle again here from a good post at another solid price.

RACE 09 - # 7 GIANTSCAPE (8-5) Huber Villa-Gomez

Huber's actually on the M/L fave in this race, but he is at a post disadvantage to the 2-1 second choice, # 2 TIZAIRE'S HEART. Both of these runners go for out-of-town trainers: Steve Margolis (Giantscape), and Tom Amoss (Tizaire's Heart). Small field shouldn't pose too much of a traffic problem for Giantscape from the wide draw. With any luck, you'll get 2-1 or higher come post time because Amoss runners usually take most of the play at MNR when they run.

RACE 10 - #10 BUCKSBRIGHTESTSTAR (6-1) Huber Villa-Gomez

Dale Baird's runner # 4 MIGHTY FORTRESS is the heavy 9-5 M/L fave in the nightcap. It's a 6f sprint for nickelers who haven't won in a year. If you don't like a low priced Baird runner, you'll get a good price on any other runner in here. Villa-Gomez has a good post just inside the fave, and it's trainer NOEL HICKEY's only entrant on the entire card. Might be worth thinking about.

I'm playing these 5 horses, $10 win and $10 place on each ($100 total wagers).

Good luck with your picks guys. :ThmbUp:

Usually a pretty stong angle.......G.L tonight