PDA

View Full Version : TO Already A Problem

Snag
08-24-2006, 02:53 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkTF1cEqt_yzYP5OYaWvYUQ5nYcB?slug=ap-cowboys-to&prov=ap&type=lgns

What a flake. I'd bet that when the regular season starts he will want to play full time. When Parcels doesn't let him, he will start crying about not getting play time.

Jones should have his butt kicked kicked for this.

JustRalph
08-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I sat back and laughed when i read this. This guy has been all over espn about how he wasn't going to come back too soon and now, he was forced to come back too soon and it is never TO's fault..........

same ole story..........

sq764
08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Well I live about 35 minutes from Philly so I got to watch his antics for 2 years.. And I too have to sit back and laugh that Dallas still paid this guy and he's doing the same exact thing to them..

cj
08-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Anyone dumb enough to sign him gets what they deserve. As a quasi Ravens fan, I was delighted when the trade to Baltimore was nixed.

He'll probably drive Parcells to retire again. I seriously doubt that the Tuna was for this signing, no matter what he is now forced to say in public.

GaryG
08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Parcells should tell Jerry to take his job and shove it before he has the big one on the sidelines. He sure doesn't need that kind of grief.

kenwoodallpromos
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Tough crowd!
Is Adam Sandler available?LOL!

sq764
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Anyone dumb enough to sign him gets what they deserve. As a quasi Ravens fan, I was delighted when the trade to Baltimore was nixed.

He'll probably drive Parcells to retire again. I seriously doubt that the Tuna was for this signing, no matter what he is now forced to say in public.
I wish he would have gone to the Ravens.. Would have been funny to see how he and Ray Lewis would have coexisted, especially after he mocked his dance last year.. (TO is an ass, but that was funny as shit)

KingChas
08-24-2006, 10:54 PM
After T.O. destroys the Cowboys! :jump:
What's left?
The Raiders or the CFL?

sq764
08-24-2006, 11:12 PM
After T.O. destroys the Cowboys! :jump:
What's left?
The Raiders or the CFL?
Maybe he runs for the Dem nomination.. Loud, moronic, self-centered, insecure... He's the perfect fit.

KingChas
08-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Maybe he runs for the Dem nomination.. Loud, , self-centered, insecure... He's the perfect fit.

Took out MORONIC were already there! :lol:

Snag
08-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Tough crowd!
Is Adam Sandler available?LOL!

Sandler would be a better fit right now than this ass.

Dallas is going to run a two tight end offensive set for awhile. If it works, that should really piss TO off when they don't need him.

The Tuna knows how to handle jerks.

kenwoodallpromos
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Sandler would be a better fit right now than this ass.

Dallas is going to run a two tight end offensive set for awhile. If it works, that should really piss TO off when they don't need him.

The Tuna knows how to handle jerks.
As A 49er fan, I disliked TO since the first time he stomped on the Dallas star! I think he will be in the Tour De France for stationary bikes next year!LOL!!

Hosshead
08-25-2006, 06:03 PM
O.K. I'm gonna take the contrarian view here.
I think Owens is being truthful about his hamstring.
He knows that he can't start the season with a bad hamstring and expect to finish the season.

I think he (knows his chances are running out and) wants to do a good job for Dallas, and he's doing the right thing by not putting a strain on his injury right now.
Even with not playing/practicing now, there's no guarantee his injury will let him play to 100% during the season. Or even finish the season for that matter.
So now is the only time he has, to get as "well" as he can.
It was during practice that he was injured. So it's not like he was trying to get out of workouts.

Also, I think the quarterback believes this is the case also.

Hosshead
08-25-2006, 06:26 PM
P.S.
Understand that I've never ever liked this guy, or his antics.
But his hamstring doesn't care about the past.
The reporters do, but he's not talking to them. (I can understand that)
However, he IS going to all the team meetings.

I pulled a hamstring severely once (on the track) and it wasn't much fun.

I also think that if he can get healthy, he will do an excellent job for Dallas,..on the field.
But how good will Dallas be anyway, regardless of T.O. ?

sq764
08-25-2006, 10:08 PM
O.K. I'm gonna take the contrarian view here.
I think Owens is being truthful about his hamstring.
He knows that he can't start the season with a bad hamstring and expect to finish the season.

I think he (knows his chances are running out and) wants to do a good job for Dallas, and he's doing the right thing by not putting a strain on his injury right now.
Even with not playing/practicing now, there's no guarantee his injury will let him play to 100% during the season. Or even finish the season for that matter.
So now is the only time he has, to get as "well" as he can.
It was during practice that he was injured. So it's not like he was trying to get out of workouts.

Also, I think the quarterback believes this is the case also.
Do not believe it for even a second.. This guy cares about one thing - getting ALL the attention.. He did it again at Dallas just like he did everywhere else. The guy is an ego maniac and totally insecure.. Needs everyone to talking about him and wants every Dallas report to start with him.. Job well done.

He's the big idiot boy that cried wolf..

Hosshead
08-26-2006, 01:29 AM
The guy on the left kinda echoes what I'm, talkin' bout.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/viewer/index.php?pid=16391&rn=207187&cl=756139&ch=243724

sq764
08-26-2006, 09:42 AM
The guy on the left kinda echoes what I'm, talkin' bout.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/viewer/index.php?pid=16391&rn=207187&cl=756139&ch=243724
Ask Marriuchi and Reid about their opinion.. Me thinks you will get a better idea of reality.

Hosshead
08-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Ask Marriuchi and Reid about their opinion.. Me thinks you will get a better idea of reality.I guess I just keep thinkin' he's like the boy who cried wolf, and now nobody will believe he's actually injured.
With all that talent ($), can a leapard be motivated to change his spots?
Looks like most think not.

sq764
08-27-2006, 11:58 AM
I guess I just keep thinkin' he's like the boy who cried wolf, and now nobody will believe he's actually injured.
With all that talent ($), can a leapard be motivated to change his spots?
Looks like most think not.
well he is not exactly making it easy to believe since he is being fined for missing therapy sessions and meetings..

Once an idiot always an idiot

JustRalph
08-27-2006, 04:04 PM
this situation is one step from getting real nasty. The Tuna ain't gonna put up with this. Terry Glenn is making T.O. look like an after thought.

freeneasy
08-28-2006, 03:41 AM
guys a fluzy and i think i can guarrentee you one thing and that is unless dallas wins the super bowl he will never be on a super bowl team cause any team that feels they have a legitmate shot at a super bowl would not be foolish to bring him in and take a chance of having him ruin those chances with all those disruptive attitudes of his at least not any more. see, what he dont understand is that this 3 ring circus act of his might work with a team that just wants to win a few extra football games but it just aint gonna mix with a team that wants to win a super bowl. 8-5 his iq level isnt above 64 :D

Hosshead
08-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Owens fined $9,500.

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/local_story_239161855.html

Snag
08-28-2006, 01:04 PM
I really think TO forgets that football is a team game. I live in the Dallas area and the sports talk shows are already starting about the effect this is having in the locker room. Being late for a meeting can be over looked but missing a rehab session is just thumbing your nose at the system.

ponyplayerdotca
08-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Where the heck is Jerry Jones during this mess? Shouldn't he be pulling Owens into his office and demanding some sort of end to this tension in camp?

If Jones puts up with this once the season starts, then a major disruption in the Cowboys clubhouse is exactly what they deserve.

Secondly, if the media, and the fans, (and we who start threads on message boards) would just STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM until he plays a regular season game again, the whole situation may diffuse itself.

Bottom line: he's a great receiver with an agent and image management company that demand he be in the spotlight as much as possible for any reason (good or bad).

Hamstring injury? Put on a bike jersey and helmet and ride the stationary bike: instant photo op and sound bite for another day.

He's doing everything he thinks he has to in order to maintain his pop culture status. And the media and the public keep feeding off it, so why stop?

He has his own personal fan club and merchandise for sale; he has a book about his life fresh out; and he's about to begin playing for a team he's disrespected many times with his "standing on the star" antics in years past.

And whether or not his hamstring injury is legitimate (I believe it is and he is hurt), he gets out of training camp - something every player with a secured spot on the team would love to be able to do.

If the media and the public would just stop paying attention to him (except if he scores a TD in a game), we'd all be much better off.

kenwoodallpromos
08-28-2006, 06:59 PM
As far as I know, the owner is where he is supposed to be- in his counting house counting out his money and letting his head coach run the team!
Jones knows he has not hired a college coach who need hand holding 24/7.

KingChas
08-28-2006, 11:01 PM
:sleeping: T.O. just overslept! :sleeping: ........ :liar:

And it will happen again! Says T.O.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564476

Hosshead
08-30-2006, 01:46 AM
T.O. Returns ....... To Practice

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-topractices&prov=ap&type=lgns

ponyplayerdotca
08-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes, of course, Jones doesn't need to babysit Parcells, etc. It's the coach's job to handle the players.

I meant it more from an organizational standpoint. If the perception was that T.O. was "embarassing the organization" with his "antics", I would think the owner would want to step in and speak to him about toning it down.

Of course, with all probability, Jones as head of the Cowboys, doesn't mind any kind of publicity, as long as his team in constantly in the news.

I hope for Cowboys' fans sakes that Owens delivers when he's called upon, because that division is probably the toughest going into this season.

Snag
09-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Jones was all smiles when asked about TO last evening but he really had a long face about the outcome of the game.

He and Terry Glen are becoming friends. I havn't looked at any stats closely to see if TO or Glen shined.

I'm one that thinks TO is still a ticking time bomb.

Hosshead
09-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Terrell Owens - 6 catches/ 80 yards/ 1 TD. / 0 antics
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aoe8UD3vm2zie172wBwgsdBDubYF?slug=jc-cowboys091006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Snag
09-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Did he or didn't he?

This guy is a train wreck waiting to happen.

He wasn't getting enough pub on the bye week.