PDA

View Full Version : When will Baze catch Pincay?

rrbauer
08-23-2006, 05:35 PM
8/23/2006

Russell Baze needs 113 wins to tie Lafitt Pincay, Jr. for the all time number of wins as a T'bred jockey.

Setting aside all of your opinions about Baze and where he has been riding vs. where Lafitt was riding, do you think that Baze will catch Pincay this year?

As much as I hate to see Lafitt's record go down, I'm liking Baze to do the job.

cj
08-23-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't think he'll do it this year. Early next year most likely. There aren't a ton of racing days left, and December there are lots of dark days. I think he might even take racing days off in December if I remember correctly.

rrbauer
08-23-2006, 05:49 PM
OK
1 for this year
1 for next year

Tiebreaker please!

blind squirrel
08-23-2006, 06:04 PM
OK
1 for this year
1 for next year

Tiebreaker please!

march 07......do you think RUSSELL "TRIPLE A" BAZE will get
the kind of celebration and ceremony accorded PINCAY?

Buddha
08-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Feb 24th, 2007 5th race

JustRalph
08-23-2006, 06:43 PM
End of march

rrbauer
08-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Ooohh looks like "this year" is a longshot.

Guess I'll have to start betting against Baze...that will get him some wins!!

rrbauer
08-23-2006, 07:03 PM
march 07......do you think RUSSELL "TRIPLE A" BAZE will get
the kind of celebration and ceremony accorded PINCAY?

My crystal ball is really hazy, but I'm thinking that when Baze gets close that he might drop down to Santa Anita for the grand finale....that will get him more recognition (at that point he will get some live mounts down south) than staying up in 49'er country. But, the thing with Russell is that he just goes out and rides....wherever.

toetoe
08-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Three months ago, I thought Barry Bonds and Russell Baze would be neck-and-neck to break their respective records next spring. Now that Bonds apparently has all the power of Saddam Hussein or Holy Joe Lieberman, that race looks laughable now.

January 1, 2007 is my prediction for the Baze takeover.

DJofSD
08-23-2006, 08:57 PM
This is one comparision where the numbers will not tell the whole story.

Russell can win as many as he wants but he'll never out class Laffit.

rrbauer
10-27-2006, 11:07 AM
According to the Bay Meadows web site Russell needs 38 wins to catch Lafitt.

By Thanksgiving?

http://www.baymeadows.com/index.php

chickenhead
10-27-2006, 11:29 AM
My crystal ball is really hazy, but I'm thinking that when Baze gets close that he might drop down to Santa Anita for the grand finale....that will get him more recognition (at that point he will get some live mounts down south) than staying up in 49'er country. But, the thing with Russell is that he just goes out and rides....wherever.

Not saying he won't, because I don't know, but I'm not sure that would go over really well up here. If he's content to ride here all these years, he should be content to win the one that counts here too.

It would be a first in any sport I know of for someone to intentionally break a record "on the road". I would think Russell would see it the same way.

betovernetcapper
10-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Just lookjing at his BM mounts today, 28 wins by Thanksgiving is a certainty.
With a little luck, he'll be enjoying a new record with his turkey dinner. :)

Hosshead
10-28-2006, 05:48 AM
This is one comparision where the numbers will not tell the whole story.

Russell can win as many as he wants but he'll never out class Laffit.
AMEN !

...With a little luck, he'll be enjoying a new record with his turkey dinner. :)

His new so called record * , - will be the real Turkey !

rrbauer
10-28-2006, 08:28 AM
My hat's off to a guy who shows up every morning, doesn't cheat, rides to win and seldom beats you with a bad ride. Sure his mounts get overbet. If that's so bad take it out on the guys who are betting him!

toetoe
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Grinchhead,

Please pull your head out of your hoss; or at least invest in a glass plate for your stomach. You have visibility issues.

Hosshead
10-29-2006, 11:24 AM
TurkeyToe

Up Yours !

otravez
10-30-2006, 05:16 PM
My hat's off to a guy who shows up every morning, doesn't cheat, rides to win and seldom beats you with a bad ride. Sure his mounts get overbet. If that's so bad take it out on the guys who are betting him!

I agree. You can call him "Triple A", may be he's not Pat or Santa Claus but does his job every year, every day, race by race, horse by horse. I call it consistency. And if I want my money to be salvaged down the stretch neck and neck, nose and nose I wanna be on Valenzuela or Russell' side.