08-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Chicago became the 1st city to ban foie gras because of the animal cruelty
issue in how its made. Another nanny move. Don't these officials have
more pressing issues that don't result in controlling how adults spend their
money freely in a free society. How can we stop this menace --- and this
applies to gambling freely too.

Tom
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
You equate gambling with force feeding a live duck until it's insides burts?
People who eat that crap should choke and die. Good ridence to them.
Hopefully, bird flu will thin the heard.

ljb
08-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Not to offend anyone but, I think Planb was just addressing the general issue of government controlling our lives. If you chose not to partake of this stuff because of the preparation involved, do so. However others should be allowed to make their own choices. Don't you think ?
I personally don't even know what the hell Fois Gras is and probably wouldn't eat it once I google it but would not want to pass a law disallowing you to make your own decision.
Yep, Goose liver is not in my diet, never will be. :D

bigmack
08-23-2006, 12:22 PM
You equate gambling with force feeding a live duck until it's insides burts?
People who eat that crap should choke and die. Good ridence to them.
Hopefully, bird flu will thin the heard.
If you find yourself in LV in and or around the strip and your near a place called the Bellagio and you happen to go in & you happen to go to a little place called Fontana and order/partake in the Foi Gras you will be transported to a magical place.
Next time you eat lobster Tom think about the poor dears being dropped in boiling water. And, the bird flu is a bunch of hype.

Chicago's Daley and all the alderman should be force fed themselves -

betchatoo
08-23-2006, 05:42 PM
If you find yourself in LV in and or around the strip and your near a place called the Bellagio and you happen to go in & you happen to go to a little place called Fontana and order/partake in the Foi Gras you will be transported to a magical place.
Next time you eat lobster Tom think about the poor dears being dropped in boiling water. And, the bird flu is a bunch of hype.

Chicago's Daley and all the alderman should be force fed themselves -
Daley actually opposes the law and has asked the city council to reconsider.

Tom
08-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Mack-BillW and I tried to eat at the Bilagio buffet this year - we wer in line behind.....Texas and North Carolina! Yikes! People as far as the eye could see.

You don't have to drop the lobster in bioling water- there is a humane way to kill it first. Don't you watch the Food Network?:rolleyes:

Besides, I buy frozen and avoid the mess. I show no mercy on dem lemons, though!

Hosshead
08-23-2006, 06:54 PM
FOIE GRAS ANYONE ?
That depends,....... is it anything like Acapulco Gold ?

headhawg
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Daley actually opposes the law and has asked the city council to reconsider.How come he did not veto it when he had the chance?

bigmack
08-23-2006, 07:10 PM
You don't have to drop the lobster in bioling water- there is a humane way to kill it first. Don't you watch the Food Network?
Poor lemons. Yeah i dug around about lobs and some knucklehead says:

Another method of "Humane Killing" I have read about is to poke a needle into the Lobster's eyes and thus into it's brain to kill it

Allrighty then. You must, must visit that buf @ the Bellagio. It's unlike anything you've ever seen and all the Foi Gras you can handle.

DJofSD
08-23-2006, 09:07 PM
ou don't have to drop the lobster in bioling water- there is a humane way to kill it first. Don't you watch the Food Network?

Well, if you've watched "Iron Chef" or "Iron Chef America" you know damn well they just drop those bugs into the pot.

highnote
08-25-2006, 09:31 PM
You don't have to drop the lobster in bioling water- there is a humane way to kill it first.

All right, I'll bite (pardon pun). So what is a humane way to kill a lobster?

Hosshead
08-25-2006, 11:07 PM
All right, I'll bite (pardon pun). So what is a humane way to kill a lobster?You take the cuffs off of one claw, so it can smoke its last cigarette, ..... then lethal injection.

Tom
08-25-2006, 11:26 PM
All right, I'll bite (pardon pun). So what is a humane way to kill a lobster?

You put it in the ice box for a while, it goes into a sleep like mode. Then, there is a spot at the back of the head where you push a chef's knife down quickley and it kills it instantly. Hits the brain, I think.

bigmack
08-25-2006, 11:27 PM
You take the cuffs off of one claw, so it can smoke its last cigarette, ..... then lethal injection.
http://www.speeds-cartoons.com/animations2/laughing-kitty.gif

highnote
08-25-2006, 11:59 PM
You put it in the ice box for a while, it goes into a sleep like mode. Then, there is a spot at the back of the head where you push a chef's knife down quickley and it kills it instantly. Hits the brain, I think.

Tom,
Thanks. That's a good one. I never liked boiling them live. Seems cruel.
Of course, freezing into a deep sleep can't be too pleasurable either.