PDA

View Full Version : Marion Jones 'shocked' by positive drug test

the_fat_man
08-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Jones' comments (from ESPN):

"I was shocked when I was informed about the positive 'A' sample," Jones said in the statement.

"I have requested that the testing of my 'B' sample be expedited and done as soon as possible. ":lol::lol:

sq764
08-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Jones' comments (from ESPN):

"I was shocked when I was informed about the positive 'A' sample," Jones said in the statement.

"I have requested that the testing of my 'B' sample be expedited and done as soon as possible. ":lol::lol:
I think she is the only one in the world that is shocked

JustRalph
08-22-2006, 03:12 PM
I am shocked that she is still running...........

Bubbles
08-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Stupid question: Has any B-sample ever NOT backed up the A? If not, then why are these athletes resorting to that, rather than accepting the ban that'll happen anyway and escaping additional bad press?

46zilzal
08-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Ithaca College. Wasn't that the one from which the coach (Gene Hackman) in Hoosiers had been banned?

sq764
08-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Stupid question: Has any B-sample ever NOT backed up the A? If not, then why are these athletes resorting to that, rather than accepting the ban that'll happen anyway and escaping additional bad press?
It's called buying time when you know you're toast..

I'd equate it to your wife questioning you on the Girls Gone Wild dvd she found in your drawer and you deny it, knowing all well that in 26 days, your credit card bill will show up with that purchase waiting to sink you.

Bubbles
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Ithaca College. Wasn't that the one from which the coach (Gene Hackman) in Hoosiers had been banned?I think it was Ithaca High School, although I could be wrong. I have the movie, I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Valuist
08-23-2006, 10:03 AM
I think it was Ithaca HS. They just ran "Hoosiers" on TBS a couple weeks ago.

Funny how a Marion Jones thread turned into a Hoosiers thread.