PDA

View Full Version : YouBet's Wager Pad Pro

bigmack
08-21-2006, 03:39 PM
With the way they were touting it I thought it would be a major change and perhaps even make an omelette between races. Push comes to shove and it's no big woop.

I wonder if the new razor with four blades is all they say it is? Maybe I'll wait til they get up to 6 then switch.

Cesario!
08-21-2006, 03:48 PM
I love it. Helps me do complex vertical exotics quickly and easily. I also love that it displays the current odds next to the horse's name. At the very least, it's better than anything else out there, and it doesn't cost an extra dime to use.

Seth

sjk
08-21-2006, 03:51 PM
I find it considerably faster than the old wager pad. Now I can wait until 1 MTP before entering a series of bets.

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm sure it's better than before, but I think some of us were secretly hoping for something a bit more innovative (like perhaps automatic bet submission at 1 or 0mtp if minimum odds requirements are met).

Steve 'StatMan'
08-21-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm sure it's better than before, but I think some of us were secretly hoping for something a bit more innovative (like perhaps automatic bet submission at 1 or 0mtp if minimum odds requirements are met).

I definitely agree - glad to have the changes, it does work much better, and I make far fewer mistakes (and bet cancellations) than I had before, but really would want automatic bet submission.

Automatic Bet Submission based on optional criteria (i.e. probable price), now that would make me feel like I'm swiming like a shark.

These better changes have at least got me swiming more and more like a seal.

The other, more like an average carp or catfish.

Before they provided for bet cancellations, however, I was stuck with so goofed up bets I'd put in (wrong race, wrong track even), that I was more swimming (and/or drowning) like a dumb bass. :bang:

Tom
08-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Before they provided for bet cancellations, however, I was stuck with so goofed up bets I'd put in (wrong race, wrong track even), that I was more swimming (and/or drowning) like a dumb bass. :bang:

How about this - I played Sartoga yesterday - never got a call on either of my two horses. After the race, I noticed I was handicapping MONDAY'S card!
To make matters worse, I lost on them again TODAY! Grrrrrrrrr.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-21-2006, 04:50 PM
How about this - I played Sartoga yesterday - never got a call on either of my two horses. After the race, I noticed I was handicapping MONDAY'S card!
To make matters worse, I lost on them again TODAY! Grrrrrrrrr.

OH NO! Double Whammy! Ack! (Or should I say, Blub! Blub! Blub!) But you really did have to bet them today, esp. if you were getting your price. You did the right thing today, just didn't have the right result (would be nor more or less likely to win than any other day).

I did bet the wrong race's selections once at AP on the live card - sitting with friends at a table, talking , joking, etc. while working ahead, and lost track of the current race number. Fortunately, I went outside and cooled down, got my mind back in order, decided not to give up and go home, bet them slightly heavier in their proper race, and they did come through, thankfully. I'd have really kicked myself had I went home early, and passed on them when I had felt I'd found a good bet at a price I'd wanted.

bigmack
08-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Well after a day of it I guess it's nice not to have to confirm each wager and having to jump over to Pinnacle and Ehorse it helps that the window at least stays open now

joeyreb
08-21-2006, 11:46 PM
After not being able to bet the Arlington Million Day races and National Pick 4 on the Friday night before the races at the Lone Star Park at the Post Time Pavilion simulcasting facility. Which is unusual, they usually take advance wagering on the big races. Not being able to wager my slections screwed me out of $8 ticket that would have hit the National Pick 4 and $648 payout just on the Pick 4, I didn't look at the results of the other races because I don't want to make myself any sicker.

Since then, I've been looking into On-line waging, but I am cautious after the BetonSport.com deal.

In live in Texas, TVG and others don't accept wagers from Texas residents. But, you youbet.com will take wagers from Texans as long as it's not on the Texas Tracks.

What are you guys experiences with youbet.com??

bigmack
08-21-2006, 11:53 PM
I was more swimming (and/or drowning) like a dumb bass.
This is not good StatMan - They don't like name calling and are getting restless They like minnows and Stats

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ewildlifebio/Graphics_files/bass2.gif

rrbauer
08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Youbet has long had a "Wager Queue" (under the Wagering drop-down menu) which I have never been able to activate. I've sent multiple emails to CS requesting info and never get any response.

Is this a "live" feature? Is anyone using it? How does it work?

Thanks for any info you might have.

bigmack
08-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Youbet has long had a "Wager Queue" (under the Wagering drop-down menu) which I have never been able to activate. I've sent multiple emails to CS requesting info and never get any response.

Is this a "live" feature? Is anyone using it? How does it work?

Thanks for any info you might have.
rbauer - Queue is not part of this new fangled Pro Pad

betovernetcapper
08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Thought I'd try this and almost compleated the enrollment form when I saw a space for promotion code. Anyone know of any YouBet promotions?
thanks