PDA

View Full Version : Biorhythmic Cycles

robert99
08-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Any views on Milton Malla's book / theories on How to Develop Your Own?

http://www.biovalhorse.com/default.php

kitts
08-21-2006, 01:53 PM
This idea makes cyclic returns. I have yet to see a positive result study and I must admit I searched for some once. I guess it is better than Numerology.

kenwoodallpromos
08-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Now that exact foal dates are available, you can try using Equine cycle dayhs, but human cycle days to me is suspect.

thebeacondeacon
08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
One can accurately track their own biorhythms with a calculator or software that does days between dates.

Get the number of days between one's birthdate and the date in question. To determine the physical cycle's position, divide by 23; for the emotional, divide by 28; and divide by 33 for the mental. It is the fractional part of the result that is used to determine the biorhythm.

The rising cycle is indicated by a fractional part between .76 and .25; the waning half is between .26 and .75. The so-called critical points are .00 and .50. Any decent book or web page on biorhythms will discuss the significance of the various places on the cycles.

In my experience, the mental cycle, between .67 and .79, is a period when I'm turned off from handicapping and betting, because it seems like the energy is just not there. Because I am a firm believer in sessioning my gambling, this is valuable to me. However, anyone can track their own thoughts, feelings and experiences with these scales, and determine whether or not they are significant for themselves.

I have no experience tracking horse biorhythms, but it seems to me that if they had any value, they would have to be taken in the context of the usual factors and angles that make up the total handicapping picture.

thebeacondeacon

robert99
08-21-2006, 06:38 PM
There are some UK racing selections but no results summary on

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=41&topic=682

robert99
08-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I checked out the results for the first set of selections which was for Cheltenham National Hunt racing on 14 March this year. Two winners (6/1 and 7/2) out of 6. Two placed 5th and 8th and the final two pulled up and did not finish. So a mixed picture if biorythms are to signify peak well being.

SMOO
02-08-2007, 03:09 PM
When I was a younger bettor I used to figure out the local jockeys biorythyms. Never got very good results, but then i wasn't figuring out the horses birthdays.

timtam
02-09-2007, 02:40 AM
In an old system called the Magic Square system the author I think his last

name was Brown actually touched on the cycles of horses and actually

had a chart in there on how to figure out where the horse was in relation-

ship to the race date. This was only a small portion of the entire system

and was actually only another way to check if your horse was ready to run

up to his capabilites.

Longshot
02-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Here's a link to a site for a free biorhythmic cycle reading.

http://www.facade.com/biorhythm/