08-20-2006, 07:11 PM
OK, 10 minutes late.

Tom
08-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Paint drying?

JustRalph
08-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Paint drying?

I thought that was what I was watching today..........

ryesteve
08-20-2006, 08:06 PM
As long as ESPN keeps deciding that things like speed-eating and spelling bees are "sports", there'll never be enough hours in a day to show everything...

Tom
08-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Even the horse coverage was pathic today.
I wouldrather watch Kenny Mane us have guess the contents of a series of black boxes than watch that higlight crap they filled us with when the horses were warming up ont he track.

Kenny: "Do you know why are we showing this?"
"Of course not. You have no idea."
"Neither do we!"

ghostyapper
08-21-2006, 12:08 PM
I've come to the point where I don't even attempt to turn espn on when they have racing coverage untill 15 minutes after their listed start time.

Bailey talks too much and overanalyzes races. I wish they'd replace mayne with tom hammond

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Replace Mayne with Tom Hammond? Not for me....I like Kenny....Tom can stay on NBC....

JWBurnie
08-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Replace Mayne with Tom Hammond? Not for me....I like Kenny....Tom can stay on NBC....

IMO, there is no better commentator then Kenny when it comes to horse racing. His humor is perfect. I think for most people, it just goes right over their head. The scene he did with the kindergarten class a couple months back on "getting value at the races", hilarious.

You can really tell he enjoys horse racing and seems to be a pretty good handicapper.

Stevie Belmont
08-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Hammond and Mayne is like comparing apples and oranges. Two totally different personalities.

Tom Hammond has been around horses his whole life. He is the strongest host of any of the networks thoroughbred telecasts. He truly appreciates all of the aspects of the sport. He brings a high level of professionalism to each telecast. Won't be the same with him not in the booth on Cup day.

Mayne has in own quirky style. Humor is his forte. Has some decent knowledge of the game. Loves to bet. Aimed toward a younger corwd to an extent. Well known from his sports center days.

Don't know if any remember this one from the Haskell undercard. Masseuse will try to give her backers a Happy Ending. Moss laughed. Funny stuff. Appropriate? Thats another story.

Tom
08-21-2006, 04:32 PM
But funny stuff no matter.
I thought it was hilarious - glad you caught it too!

I would rather spend a day at the races with Kenny than anyone else.