View Full Version : NEW YORK TRAINERS SUSPENDED

karlskorner
09-10-2002, 04:16 PM
MOTT, SCIACCA & BARKER

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=11406

and so it goes

andicap
09-10-2002, 07:39 PM
Kenneth McCarthy must be Mott's assistant trainer in NYC since he's listed on horses that Mott trains.

BillW
09-10-2002, 07:58 PM
The suspensions that are for the trainer only and not the barn are ineffective (it doesn't hit them where it hurts, unless a massive ego is involved where they like to see their name in the form). When S. Asmussen was suspended down here, his mother took over. Wild guess, Steve was there in spirit (not taking anything away from his mother!) not missing a beat.

Bill

Jaguar
09-12-2002, 08:51 PM
Karlskorner,

You can't be serious... New York trainers set down for shenanigans with sore horses? Shocking.

Why just the other day, I was posting about this issue when another member of our board took me to task, suggesting this sort of thing wasn't happening and/or I was greatly exaggerating.

Apparently he has been attending races at tracks located elsewhere in recent years, perhaps on Pluto.

He has obviously never bet at Aqueduct.

All the best,

Jaguar

PaceAdvantage
09-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Why single out New York?? All tracks have trainers, owners, and jockeys on suspension at one time or another. That's why stewards get to keep their jobs.....

==PA

karlskorner
09-12-2002, 11:14 PM
I have been posting about trainers and drugs for the past 1 1/2 years, a lot I let slip by, as I feel that the majority of members are not interested. The thinking I guess is if they don't know about it, it will not harm them.

At present I am looking for a trainer by name of Julian Canet, he use to be at CRC, but I can't find him for the past several months. He got 30 days and a heavy fine for slipping a "ringer" through the gap for morning workouts. Over the years I made some nice money following his antics. Anybody know where he's training ?

Karl

Jaguar
09-12-2002, 11:40 PM
Karlskorner,

I know of the guy you are referring to, because I used to be an avid CRC handicapper, until Delaware Park took all the allowance stock away from CRC- due to greatly increased purses at DP- a direct result of the introduction of slots and the track's sudden surge in revenue.

Canet's name doesn't appear in the racing press. He may have left the game, or he may be in the witness protection program.

All the best,

Jaguar

karlskorner
09-12-2002, 11:55 PM
Do you go back far enough at CRC to remember his father "Oswald" Canet. Now that was a piece of work. You didn't want to bump into him accidently or you would break the needles and vials in his front pockets. The boy learned the trade from his daddy.

Karl

BillW
09-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Canet had an entry in the 1st and 3rd at AP yesterday.

Bill

karlskorner
09-13-2002, 12:30 AM
If it's Julian Canet, I thank you, will look for him. It will take awhile for him to "settle" in. He is excellent with 3-4 year olds in the lower claiming brackets. Knows where to place his charges. If he brings a horse back within 5 days and the animal is on his "toes" the jucies are a flowing.

Karl

BillW
09-13-2002, 12:46 AM
Karl,

Here's a chart:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=inc&country=USA&track=AP&date=2002-09-11

Looks like he's been running regularly at AP (maybe 20 entries this meet)

Good luck,

Bill

ranchwest
09-13-2002, 08:05 AM
Through 9/11, Canet was 3 of 17 at AP, paying $15.60, $5.00 and $9.80. None had had a race in under 7 days. The $15.60 winner (2YO) was a FTS with 6 works in 37 days. The other two were 3YOs.

karlskorner
09-13-2002, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the chart. Notice the $10.60 and $5.20 place and show payouts in the first race. He has arrived.

Karl

ridersup
11-07-2002, 07:26 AM
Julian Canet has one entered today in the 10th at Calder.

karlskorner
11-07-2002, 08:29 AM
Saw that. Met him the other day, so I guess he's back. Horse 5/2 M/L probably go off 4/5, considering everything. My thoughts he will roll come the GP meet.

Karl

superfecta
11-08-2002, 01:23 AM
Are you guys saying since these trainers are not on the up and up ,we should watch for them and bet on their horses?Do you guys also drive the getaway car on days you don't go to the track?
If you are convinced the trainers are using juice (or you are in a position to know),and you bet on their horses,to me thats an accomplice.
I know some try to get by on the sly ,but I couldn't bring myself to bet on a crooked trainer or one I knew was shady.I'd pass the race.I might miss out on a few good hits,but I could sleep at night.

karlskorner
11-08-2002, 06:48 AM
Canet's paid $4.20

Karl

hurrikane
11-08-2002, 01:29 PM
Excellent point Super!!!

Jag,
I didn't take you to task and never stated that drugs are not being used. I don't believe drugs have any effect on my ROI. I have been tracking trainers for years and have seen a lot of things.
Mostly what I see are losers blaming thier poor handicapping on trainers. Use to be the jockey.
If you are making your plays based on trainers using drugs then what happens when you lose. You bitch because they didn't use them?

I think I'll just stay up here on Pluto..where the hit rate it 19% and the ROI is 1.32. :D

CapperLou
11-08-2002, 04:13 PM
I'm not at CRC today, but usually there almost every day. J. Canet does have some horses at Calder--I remember his father O. Canet--anytime he ran a horse--you had to give it some respect--leave it at that!!!!!!