PDA

View Full Version : Tony Blair asked to resign by his own party

Secretariat
08-19-2006, 08:08 AM
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article1220294.ece

sq764
08-19-2006, 01:10 PM
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article1220294.ece
Will give you credit, you are getting more subtle in your Bush bashing.. Took 4 sentences into the story to get there.. You're coming around

Tom
08-19-2006, 05:03 PM
In training for October/November.

Secretariat
08-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Will give you credit, you are getting more subtle in your Bush bashing.. Took 4 sentences into the story to get there.. You're coming around

Nothing like addressing the article.

Tom
08-20-2006, 12:03 AM
He did.
Why wold we feel obliged to reply to blind links without your ideas attached to it?
No one cares about blind links, Sec - if it's not worth YOUR comments, it sure ain't worth anyone else's.

Secretariat
08-20-2006, 09:08 AM
You mean Tom, you are incapable of reading the article and understanding it unless I explain it to you?

JustRalph
08-20-2006, 10:30 AM

Goes to Credibility. You think something is interesting only when it has a dig at the Prez in it. Or it portrays the Repubs in a certain light. Not very well rounded. Again, goes to credibility.

Tom
08-20-2006, 12:15 PM
You mean Tom, you are incapable of reading the article and understanding it unless I explain it to you?

No, it means what is the point of posting al ink and not talking about it in some manner?
Frankly, I read very few things you link to - any fool can sit there and post links. It takes a bit of a thought process to put an iea into words, express it, and then add a link for futher info or reference.
The link itself is........duh?

sq764
08-20-2006, 01:10 PM
What's to address? You post a link and sit back and wait for someone to comment only to give you a segway to blast bush and blame all the world's troubles on him. That act is getting old, sorry. Turn the page dude.

Secretariat
08-20-2006, 02:06 PM
No, it means what is the point of posting al ink and not talking about it in some manner?
Frankly, I read very few things you link to - any fool can sit there and post links. It takes a bit of a thought process to put an iea into words, express it, and then add a link for futher info or reference.
The link itself is........duh?

In other words when I post a link you'd like me to editorialize on it. Generally I do. This one I thought spoke for itself. It indicates that even within Blair's own party they've asked him to resign due to the liability of the Labour Party being associated with a very unpopular war over there, and Blair's total support of President Bush who apparently is even more unpopular there than here (which based on the latest polls is difficult to beleive).

As to criticizing GW, well I've been here so long watching criticism after croticism of the Democratic Party and Clinton. Problem is some posters know how to dish it out, but have difficulty taking it when it comes home to roost. When G;s policies are allegedly called crap by Tony Blair's number two man, and members of the GOP are dissasociating themselves from many of his policies on the campaign trail, something is obviously a problem here and with our biggest ally.

Tom
08-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Settle down, now. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2006, 06:21 PM
As to criticizing GW, well I've been here so long watching criticism after croticism of the Democratic Party and Clinton.

You have got to be kidding me....Do you actually believe this? On this board? When?

The ratio of Democratic criticism started by righties versus Republican criticism started by lefties is about 1 to 10.....

kenwoodallpromos
08-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Blair asked to leave; Leiberman asked not to run by Demos- which party is the "big tent"?

CryingForTheHorses
08-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Bush and Blair=puppets for the middle east..Neither one of them cant seem to make a decision without the other..IMO :rolleyes:

Tom
08-20-2006, 09:40 PM
I dunno Tom - when they do make one, they seem to put the middle east in it's place.

boxcar
08-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Bush and Blair=puppets for the middle east..Neither one of them cant seem to make a decision without the other..IMO :rolleyes:

And yet at the same time Bush is so often accused of being a unilateralist. Some people insist on having it both ways. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

hcap
08-21-2006, 06:50 AM
http://rawstory.com/showarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co. uk%2Fpages%2Flive%2Farticles%2Fnews%2Fnews.html%3F in_article_id%3D401414%26in_page_id%3D1770%26in_a_ source%3D

Blair 'feels betrayed by Bush on Lebanon'

"A senior Downing Street source said that, privately, Mr Blair broadly agrees with John Prescott, who said Mr Bush's record on the issue was 'crap'.

The source said: "We all feel badly let down by Bush. We thought we had persuaded him to take the Israel-Palestine situation seriously, but we were wrong. How can anyone have faith in a man of such low intellect?"

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2006, 10:11 AM
"A senior Downing Street source said that, privately, Mr Blair broadly agrees with John Prescott, who said Mr Bush's record on the issue was 'crap'.

The source said: "We all feel badly let down by Bush. We thought we had persuaded him to take the Israel-Palestine situation seriously, but we were wrong. How can anyone have faith in a man of such low intellect?"

Does senior Downing Street source include the facilities manager? Cause that's who the source could be, based on this wildly anonymous quote....

Tom
08-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Unamed sources have zero credibiltiy.
Same thing as "I heard it on the subway that......."
And even if it is true, what the hell is the point? You think everyone agrees on everything? You get all excited when somebody disagrees with Bush? Sheez, get a life.

kenwoodallpromos
08-21-2006, 02:13 PM
If true sounds like a leak needing investigating. Another "source" proving just how stupid potitcians are to be fooled by a Pres of such low intelligence! If I thought I was fooled by a fool, I would make sure it STAYED private!LOL!
Seems to me like people start claiming they were "outstupided" only near election time!