PDA

View Full Version : Question about Firefox

betchatoo
08-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Recently bought a new computer. Installed Firefox. In my last version it had an option, "view this page in IE." I do not have it on this version nor have I been able to find the extension that lets me do it. Anyone know where I can find it, or is it just gone?

Thanks

BillW
08-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Bet,

It is an extension, not installed in the core browser. Look under the tools menu/extensions - it will bring up the extensions window with a "Get More Extensions" link at the bottom. I'd post the link for you, but I'm running Linux at the moment and I think they may be different links, you need the microsoft extensions page and of course no "display in IE" under Linux.

Bill

DJofSD
08-18-2006, 09:54 AM
See if this is it. (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/)

betchatoo
08-18-2006, 10:57 AM
I found it. Thanks for your help.

skate
08-20-2006, 10:32 PM
BillW;

how is that Linux working out for you?

who did you use? or was it Pre-installed?

BillW
08-27-2006, 12:37 PM
BillW;

how is that Linux working out for you?

who did you use? or was it Pre-installed?

Skate,

Sorry about missing this question earlier. I've been using it for about 10 years now and the system is extremely reliable and fast. As a matter of fact, the only crash I've experienced was caused by a hardware failure when a disk went down a few years ago. Solid environment for software development. I'm now using Fedora core IV & V (multiple computers). I typically build my own computers and install my own software (with the exception of the laptop) so I have nothing pre-installed here except for the windows that came on the laptop - of course I reformatted and rebuilt that disk as soon as I got it :) . PM me if you have any specific questions.

Bill