PDA

View Full Version : First Enron, then Halliburton, then Exxon, and NOW....

Secretariat
08-17-2006, 08:44 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060817/us_nm/financial_sec_armor_dc

Tom
08-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Looks like the Bush Justice Department is on top of things once again!
Justice triumphs again!

JustRalph
08-18-2006, 05:18 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060817/us_nm/financial_sec_armor_dc

What the hell are you complaining about? they were busted by the Bush Justice Department? Tons of this stuff going on right now. Isn't this what you wanted?

They are going after lots of companies. Try "the Cheesecake factory" and "stock options" in Google............. even they are under investigation and they don't have dick to do with the war.

Tom
08-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Perhaps Sec would care to share with the group what connection he sees between theses three companies. Why is the latest one interesting in terms of the other two?
I have to say just throwing uip a link falls short of real information, insight, of substance.

For instance, I could say

First hay, then wheat, now this........ http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/

Lefty
08-18-2006, 11:37 AM
sec, looks like they just can't get away with it like they did under Clinton.

sq764
08-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Looks like the Bush Justice Department is on top of things once again!
Justice triumphs again!
I don't understand this comment.. You want Bush personally overseeing insider trading, not the SEC?

Tom, I know you turned on your Bush views, but don't go over the edge and become Secretariat.

46zilzal
08-18-2006, 12:05 PM
and here I thought Alex Keaton (from Family Ties) had retired.

Tom
08-18-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't understand this comment.. You want Bush personally overseeing insider trading, not the SEC?

Tom, I know you turned on your Bush views, but don't go over the edge and become Secretariat.

No, no. Bush is in charge off Justice - I am complimenting him on having his people doing a fine job. Ergo, the Bush in Capt. America costume.
And I DO NOT want Sec overseeing anything...oh, wait. you meant The SEC? :lol:

sq764
08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
No, no. Bush is in charge off Justice - I am complimenting him on having his people doing a fine job. Ergo, the Bush in Capt. America costume.
And I DO NOT want Sec overseeing anything...oh, wait. you meant The SEC? :lol:
ok, I interpreted the cartoon as a dig.. Glad to see you have not fallen off the deep end, into SEC (not S.E.C.) territory..

lsbets
08-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Tom, I'd really like to know more about the hay, wheat, oatmeal connection. There could be quite a scandal there. I'm outraged!

Tom
08-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Oatmeal is getting warmer and nobody is talking about it. Global Oatmeal warming is a serious threat, yet the libs just ignore it. I dunno - where does this end? GLO must be addressed, yet we have refused to sign the Kellog Treaty. Terrible!

Secretariat
08-19-2006, 07:52 AM
What the hell are you complaining about? they were busted by the Bush Justice Department? Tons of this stuff going on right now. Isn't this what you wanted?

They are going after lots of companies. Try "the Cheesecake factory" and "stock options" in Google............. even they are under investigation and they don't have dick to do with the war.

The difference is this isn't the Cheesecake factory. it's about protecting our troops, and its about more than money. Did you read this in the article?

No, of course not.

"The U.S. military last year recalled thousands of protective vests sold by DHB's Point Blank Body Armor Inc. unit on quality concerns."

It's all well and good to say the troops have body armor, but not if it's not top quality.

What's also interesting is: this statement: "The two former executives also sold thousands of DHB shares "based on inside information, netting a profit of over $8 million," prosecutors charged." Interesting that is almost exactly the amount cut out of the House bill to treat brain injuries for returning vets.

...btw, the Justice Department is supposed to abide by the law and protect the law and all citizens of this country, not just the WH. The WH has their own counsel for that.

...i posted this in another thread, but in lieu of the alleged obscene profits of these body armor executives this is too improtant to ignore before it becomes law....even the normally conservative american legion is behind restoring these cuts

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-08-08-brain-center_x.htm

Center for war-related brain injuries faces budget cut

By Gregg Zoroya, USA TODAY
Congress appears ready to slash funding for the research and treatment of brain injuries caused by bomb blasts, an injury that military scientists describe as a signature wound of the Iraq war.

House and Senate versions of the 2007 Defense appropriation bill contain $7 million for the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center — half of what the center received last fiscal year.

Proponents of increased funding say they are shocked to see cuts in the treatment of bomb blast injuries in the midst of a war.

"I find it basically unpardonable that Congress is not going to provide funds to take care of our soldiers and sailors who put their lives on the line for their country," says Martin Foil, a member of the center's board of directors. "It blows my imagination."

...if you support the troops, other than rhetoric, check out these spots as well

http://www.iava.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1874&Itemid=105

And contribute to this group -

http://operation-helmet.org/

I can understand that many in Congress and the admisntration do not understand this since so many never actually faced combat in the war. it's well and good to make a joke out of this, but this one is no joke. Surprised to see Isbets treating this one lightly. I thought he'd be outraged.

lsbets
08-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Surprised to see Isbets treating this one lightly. I thought he'd be outraged.

I'm treating your opening statement (first cows, then milk, now chocolate milk) lightly, nothing else.

JustRalph
08-19-2006, 09:56 AM
I read it. It is mostly old news. :sleeping: The point being that the SEC and the Bush Justice Department are locking people up in all realms of business now days. From those who complained early on, we still get nothing but bitching. Oh yeah, you are one of those who complains right on que when you get your email from the Doctor

ELA
08-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Just as an FYI, the head of the company, David Brooks, was/is a very big horseowner (standardbreds).

Eric

Secretariat
08-19-2006, 11:40 PM
I read it. It is mostly old news. :sleeping: The point being that the SEC and the Bush Justice Department are locking people up in all realms of business now days. From those who complained early on, we still get nothing but bitching. Oh yeah, you are one of those who complains right on que when you get your email from the Doctor

I realize corruption during this adminstration is "old news", But the arrest just took place on the 17th so I'd hardly call it "old news".

"Thu Aug 17, 12:55 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. authorities arrested two former top executives of a major body armor supplier to the U.S. military and law enforcement agencies on Thursday and charged them with criminal securities fraud and insider trading. "

As I stated, it is not just about the money but the fact that thousands of body armor's qualtiy has been recalled. What the hell is going on? Where is the oversight checking this stuff out before being shipped out? What kind of executives could win bids from this administration and then prove to be this corrupt? How many deaths or injuries were caused by this faulty armor? These questions need to be asked because the troops in the front line are trusting that their is oversight beforehand, and not after. More BS from the right on this.

Tom
08-20-2006, 12:10 AM
No, more BS from the pathetic lefties whose only cause here is to undermine everything for a vote here and there. you are making a huge leap of faith that this incident is somehow Bush's fault - in your digusting little way of twisting, spining, lying, anything no matter how totally ridiculous or unture it is. Trying to make is sound like this sound any way realated to Enron is just plain low rent behavior. It is so revolting to have to watch rats feed in these threads.

It is no better than throwing out a remark at a party - "He didn't beat his wife once last week!" to all close by, when in fact, the guy NEVER beats his wife.

Secretariat
08-20-2006, 09:04 AM
No, more BS from the pathetic lefties whose only cause here is to undermine everything for a vote here and there. you are making a huge leap of faith that this incident is somehow Bush's fault - in your digusting little way of twisting, spining, lying, anything no matter how totally ridiculous or unture it is. Trying to make is sound like this sound any way realated to Enron is just plain low rent behavior. It is so revolting to have to watch rats feed in these threads.

It is no better than throwing out a remark at a party - "He didn't beat his wife once last week!" to all close by, when in fact, the guy NEVER beats his wife.

The problem Tom is GW is the Commander in Chief. When it is one incident of corruption it is understandable, but it is one incident after another, after another. From his vacation during the WTC, to FEMA and Katrina, to the Halliburton scandals, to the corporate welfare for extremely profitable gas companies, to the escalating violence in Iraq, to the burgeoning deficit, to allowing faulty body armor to be shipped to our troops while executives are pocketing the ill gotten gains, to Abramoff, to the mess on immigration. Look at some point I have to ask, is this guy accountable for anything to you guys? This is on his watch. I at least give it to Reagan, he had the guts to admit when there were scewups on his watch. This guy represents the height of gutlessness. He's got an excuse for everything. Sorry, leaders don't continually make excuses. They accept responsiblity.

JustRalph
08-20-2006, 10:33 AM
The problem Tom is GW is the Commander in Chief. When it is one incident of corruption it is understandable, but it is one incident after another, after another. From his vacation during the WTC, to FEMA and Katrina, to the Halliburton scandals, to the corporate welfare for extremely profitable gas companies, to the escalating violence in Iraq, to the burgeoning deficit, to allowing faulty body armor to be shipped to our troops while executives are pocketing the ill gotten gains, to Abramoff, to the mess on immigration. Look at some point I have to ask, is this guy accountable for anything to you guys? This is on his watch. I at least give it to Reagan, he had the guts to admit when there were scewups on his watch. This guy represents the height of gutlessness. He's got an excuse for everything. Sorry, leaders don't continually make excuses. They accept responsiblity.

Damn, you almost got your whole agenda in on that one. you forgot that if you win the house and senate you are going to Impeach Bush............

Tom
08-20-2006, 12:16 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Old Faithful misses once in a while, but not Sec......he is soooooooo predictable. I wonder if he is a robot?

Lefty
08-20-2006, 10:42 PM
No, sec, not a problem that GW is Pres, it has been our salvation. Had Gore made it in 2000 no telling what kind of mess this country would have been in.
And as to all the things you referenced: all been answered by me and others in various and sundry threads.