PDA

View Full Version : unconstitutional rutabaga

46zilzal
08-17-2006, 03:18 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/17/domesticspying.lawsuit/index.html

twindouble
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
What a joke, how do these dummies become judges? The ACLU always manages to find them to get what the want. They will lose on appeal anyway.

JustRalph
08-17-2006, 04:52 PM
one judge, one opinion............

DJofSD
08-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Just another chapter in the 'blame America first' novel.

hcap
08-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Oh well, the rutabaga' notion of hereditary kingship was shot down

Judge Anna Diggs Taylor's opinion.

"The President of the United States, a creature of the same Constitution which gave us these Amendments, has undisputedly violated the Fourth [Amendment] in failing to procure judicial orders as required by FISA, and accordingly has violated the First Amendment Rights of these Plaintiffs as well."

"We must first note that the Office of the Chief Executive has itself been created, with its powers, by the Constitution. There are no hereditary Kings in America and no power not created by the Constitution. So all "inherent power" must derive from that Constitution."

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

DJofSD
08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Sounds like the Red Queen to me: the constitution means exactly what I say it means, no more, no less.

46zilzal
08-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Just another chapter in the 'blame America first' novel.
sounds more like "checks and balances." Even when the country needed a stimulation of the economy desperately, FDR was notified of the same thing: you don't overstep your bounds.

Secretariat
08-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Gw's taking these hits lately. Surpeme Court has already told him he overstepped his exeuctive power at Guantano, and now it looks like he's done the same on the Wireless Warrants.

Not a big surprise. He'll manage to keep appealing until he's out of the WH, and then one more of his abuses will be realized, as this judge has already pointed out.

Tom
08-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Anyone want to tell me just who's rights have been violated so far?
Any trials at all involving questionable evidence?
Any names?

Secretariat
08-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Oh well, the rutabaga' notion of hereditary kingship was shot down

Judge Anna Diggs Taylor's opinion.

"The President of the United States, a creature of the same Constitution which gave us these Amendments, has undisputedly violated the Fourth [Amendment] in failing to procure judicial orders as required by FISA, and accordingly has violated the First Amendment Rights of these Plaintiffs as well."

"We must first note that the Office of the Chief Executive has itself been created, with its powers, by the Constitution. There are no hereditary Kings in America and no power not created by the Constitution. So all "inherent power" must derive from that Constitution."

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

I notice the Justice Department disagreed with Judge Taylor. Does that mean they are in favor of "hereditary kings"?

dav4463
08-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Does anyone even give a crap that the listening in on Arab phone calls saved thousand of lives in helping to foil the plot in Britain? Are we so worried about one guy possibly being tortured by Pakistanis for info that we don't even care that one "alleged" torture saved thousands of lives? Why do democrats always bring up the Oklahoma bomber as being a white guy to justify not profiling Middle Eastern men even though Middle Eastern men carried out 99.9% of the terrorist activities?

Show Me the Wire
08-17-2006, 09:32 PM
I notice the Justice Department disagreed with Judge Taylor. Does that mean they are in favor of "hereditary kings"?

Someone might want to ask the above to the Kennedys'

DJofSD
08-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Anyone want to tell me just who's rights have been violated so far?

Tom, the 4th estate is worried they'll eventually be found out to be more than sympathizers with the terrorists. They need to keep the kitchen light turned off as long as possible. Scrambling under the refrig is not their style.

Lefty
08-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Hey, libs' you're celebrating way bway too soon. This will be struck dn by another judge and against you libs' will, the war on terror will be prosecuted.

JustRalph
08-18-2006, 05:10 AM
Judge Taylor and Sec would rather those planes fell out of the sky two days ago. Then they could have blamed Bush. Which is all they really care about.

kenwoodallpromos
08-18-2006, 02:25 PM
I think to a certain extent Bush went overboard and the Congress voted to let him do it in the Patriot Act.
As near as I can figure in this case, the judge decided to throw in as many liberal-leaning secisions that have nothing to do with the subject at hand, to try to make arguments like a Demo candidate would, not like a ruling judge. In fact, this opinion and some of the examples she cited could be termed as what Bush calls "legislating from the bench".
To act as one of the platiff attorneys and begin just making arguments ny comparing Bush to King Geaorge 3 or citing some French stuff is ludicrious.
And to refer to the sitting President in any context a "creature" a very immature attempt at a doublespeak libel.
Her ruling in total sounds like something the Commie ACLU would do.
What the heck is Greenpeace doinbg as a plaintiff? Putting into her ruling some junk from an enviromental case just proves she is a stooge for the most radical left and terrorist sympathisers. Whether the case had the correct outcome or not I lost in the shuffle of Bush Bashing by the judge.
I say her next step is to run for Congress in "08!

kenwoodallpromos
08-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Unable to get a job as a lawyer at New York or Washington, D.C., law firms -- a near impossibility for black people, especially women, in the 1950s (WHEN REPUB IKE WAS PRES!)-- Taylor turned to the Solicitor's Office of the U.S. Department of Labor. She became a lawyer there with the help of J. Ernest Wilkins, then assistant secretary of labor and the first black person appointed to a subcabinet post. He also was a friend of her father's.

"I'd be unemployed today if it hadn't been for that man," Taylor said in a 1984 interview with the Michigan Bar Journal.

In Washington, Taylor met Charles Diggs Jr., son of a wealthy Detroit mortician and a rising star in Congress.

They married in 1960 and moved to Detroit.

kenwoodallpromos
08-18-2006, 02:46 PM
"Charles C. Diggs, Jr.

Democrat, Michigan (1955-1980)

The Honorable Charles C. Diggs, Jr. was found guilty in 1978 for taking kickbacks from three of his congressional staffers; he was re-elected to office; then censured by the House, and finally resigned, then went to prison for 7 months.

Indicted of 11 counts of mail fraud and 18 counts of falsifying congressional payrolls. Prosecutors said he received $66,000 in kickbacks from 1973-1977 from several staffers, and used some of that money for his personal business and congressional expenses.

Guilty of: Diggs was found guilty of all 29 counts against him in October 1978, then the next month he was re-elected to his 13th term in Congress."
_______
I guess judge Mrs. Diggs still likes Congress enough to limit that "creature" Bush's powers to what Congress votes on!

hcap
08-18-2006, 06:34 PM
You imply ANNA DIGGS TAYLOR is somehow unfit to cast a unbiased ruling Originally babbled big time by kenwoodallpromos
"Charles C. Diggs, Jr.

The Honorable Charles C. Diggs, Jr. was found guilty in 1978 for taking kickbacks from three of his congressional staffers; he was re-elected to office; then censured by the House, and finally resigned, then went to prison for 7 months.

Indicted of 11 counts of mail fraud and 18 counts of falsifying congressional payrolls. Prosecutors said he received $66,000 in kickbacks from 1973-1977 from several staffers, and used some of that money for his personal business and congressional expenses.

Guilty of: Diggs was found guilty of all 29 counts against him in October 1978, then the next month he was re-elected to his 13th term in Congress."
_______
I guess judge Mrs. Diggs still likes Congress enough to limit that "creature" Bush's powers to what Congress votes on!Ken you sling a mean pile of shit. What da f**k does her ex husband have to do with her decision today?

They were divorced and she remarried

In 1960 Taylor married United States Representative Charles Diggs, Jr., and she moved to Detroit.

After the birth of her daughter, she worked managing her husband's Detroit office until their divorce in 1971. From 1970 to 1975 she was a partner in the law firm Zwerdling, Mauer, Diggs, and Papp. In 1976 she married S. Martin Taylor.

http://www.daahp.wayne.edu/biographiesDisplay.asp?id=64

Also

Biography:

An attorney and judge, Anna Diggs Taylor was the first African-American woman appointed to a federal judgeship in Michigan and later became the first African-American woman to be named chief federal judge in the Eastern District of Michigan. Taylor has used her positions to advance civil rights throughout the United States.

Rascist tripe Ken give it up

Tom
08-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Being the first back then might suggest more of a token than qualified.
This week's decision pretty much suggests the first.

Call it racist if it makes you feel warm and cuddley, but in the real world, competance was not always the first requirement. The whole affirmative action pretty much backs that up.

kenwoodallpromos
08-18-2006, 09:45 PM
You imply ANNA DIGGS TAYLOR is somehow unfit to cast a unbiased ruling Ken you sling a mean pile of shit. What da f**k does her ex husband have to do with her decision today?

They were divorced and she remarried

In 1960 Taylor married United States Representative Charles Diggs, Jr., and she moved to Detroit.

After the birth of her daughter, she worked managing her husband's Detroit office until their divorce in 1971. From 1970 to 1975 she was a partner in the law firm Zwerdling, Mauer, Diggs, and Papp. In 1976 she married S. Martin Taylor.

http://www.daahp.wayne.edu/biographiesDisplay.asp?id=64

Also

Biography:

An attorney and judge, Anna Diggs Taylor was the first African-American woman appointed to a federal judgeship in Michigan and later became the first African-American woman to be named chief federal judge in the Eastern District of Michigan. Taylor has used her positions to advance civil rights throughout the United States.

Rascist tripe Ken give it up
First of, when I typed the first post, I had no idea what her race was; when I saw her photo, I assumed she was more white than black; the only mention of "black" was others in the articles and YOU; You need to re-read the first sentence of my first post and then PA's rules abour libel toward other members. LIBEL is not what only LIBErals get to do- it is what you did to me without justification and falsely. It is also what the "first black judge" who according to your post uses her position (in contradiction to the ABA) to advance civil rights (play politics and advance her agenda from the bench)from the bench did to Bush by calling him a "creature".
Like I and Bush said, this is looking like legislation from the bench. She needs to re-read the seperation of powers in the constitution or run for Political office. from the bench did to Bush by calling him a "creature".

Tom
08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Other justices do not agree with this one.
It will be overturned on appeal.
And if not, we will keep doing it anyways.
Because we can.
It is good to be King.:sleeping:

Lefty
08-18-2006, 11:14 PM
h'cap, why is it liberals can't have a cogent discussion about a black person without calling his adversary a rascist?

DJofSD
08-18-2006, 11:37 PM
h'cap, why is it liberals can't have a cogent discussion about a black person without calling his adversary a rascist?

Because they think every one else is like them.

lsbets
08-18-2006, 11:41 PM

Because Hcap couldn't find a cartoon to go after ken with, so he had to wing it on his own, and when trying to put thoughts together that are not already written out for him (preferably in cartoon format), he comes up short.

hcap
08-19-2006, 06:14 AM
kenwoodallpromos
You need to re-read the first sentence of my first post and then PA's rules abour libel toward other membersWho cares about your 1st post? Your first post has nothing to do with anything.
That was simply some dumb shit about "Her ruling in total sounds like something the Commie ACLU would do." Here is your "first sentence of your first post"I think to a certain extent Bush went overboard and the Congress voted to let him do it in the Patriot Act.
But in your 3rd dumb post you say. "First of, when I typed the first post, I had no idea what her race was; when I saw her photo, I assumed she was more white than black; the only mention of "black" was others in the articles and YOU;More white than black??? Don't know what her race was?? What exactly NON- RASCIST observation is this?

In post 2 and 3 you clearly know she is blackUnable to get a job as a lawyer at New York or Washington, D.C., law firms -- a near impossibility for black people, especially women, (maybe Mullato? ) and imply without the help of her soon to be crook husband, who somehow taints her decision today, unable on her own to find work. She divorced him 37 years ago. Exactly HOW is any of THIS relevant?

Tom
08-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Who riled him up?
Lack of cartoons realy sets this guy off, eh?:lol:

lsbets
08-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Instead of calling Ken names, perhaps it would be useful to recognize that even folks who agree with the premise that the program is unconstitutional tend to agree with Ken about the quality of this judges opinion:

"Even legal experts who agreed with a federal judge’s conclusion on Thursday that a National Security Agency surveillance program is unlawful were distancing themselves from the decision’s reasoning and rhetoric yesterday.

They said the opinion overlooked important precedents, failed to engage the government’s major arguments, used circular reasoning, substituted passion for analysis and did not even offer the best reasons for its own conclusions. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/19/washington/19ruling.html?_r=1&hp&ex=1155960000&en=359d009508f66aa4&ei=5094&partner=homepage&oref=slogin

boxcar
08-19-2006, 01:21 PM
one judge, one opinion............

One judge's one opinion has often formulated policy in this country. The unaccountabilty of judges, generally, is the a major kink in the Constitution's armor.

Boxcar

boxcar
08-19-2006, 01:30 PM
You imply ANNA DIGGS TAYLOR is somehow unfit to cast a unbiased ruling Ken you sling a mean pile of shit.

Okay, 'cap tell us how you KNOW -- the operative word here is "know" -- that this woman made an "unbiased ruling"?

Boxcar

boxcar
08-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Instead of calling Ken names, perhaps it would be useful to recognize that even folks who agree with the premise that the program is unconstitutional tend to agree with Ken about the quality of this judges opinion:

"Even legal experts who agreed with a federal judge’s conclusion on Thursday that a National Security Agency surveillance program is unlawful were distancing themselves from the decision’s reasoning and rhetoric yesterday.

They said the opinion overlooked important precedents, failed to engage the government’s major arguments, used circular reasoning, substituted passion for analysis and did not even offer the best reasons for its own conclusions. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/19/washington/19ruling.html?_r=1&hp&ex=1155960000&en=359d009508f66aa4&ei=5094&partner=homepage&oref=slogin

This could well be another case of an unqualified person (who couldn't make it
in the private sector) simply being subsidized by the government. :D

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
08-19-2006, 04:24 PM
kenwoodallpromos
Who cares about your 1st post? Your first post has nothing to do with anything.
That was simply some dumb shit about "Her ruling in total sounds like something the Commie ACLU would do." Here is your "first sentence of your first post"
But in your 3rd dumb post you say. More white than black??? Don't know what her race was?? What exactly NON- RASCIST observation is this?

In post 2 and 3 you clearly know she is black (maybe Mullato? ) and imply without the help of her soon to be crook husband, who somehow taints her decision today, unable on her own to find work. She divorced him 37 years ago. Exactly HOW is any of THIS relevant?
1) I had nothing against this judge until you told us she had a personal racial agenda which affects her rulings. That destroys any "unbiased" argument unless you think only blacks have a right to bring race and not the law into rulings as some do. She and anyone else should set aside any racial or other agenda when judging, according to you she does not and that makes any of her rulings suspect aspecially since many persons targeted by the Bushies are non-European and some non-white (black Muslim).
2) Until you posted about the year of her divorce, I had no idea she was divorced when her ex got censured and went to jail, so that could have influenced her politics.
3) The idea that she said she would never have had a job if not for her father's friend is of course in the story (nepotism)
4) The fact the Repub Ike was running the executive branch when she was discriminated against (And when many Congresspersons of both side were against equality) is obviously lost on you.
5) I would not be alive if not for a "black" person. My 2nd great grandfather Woodall in 1830 in NC was motherless as she died when he was very young, and William Woodall was wet nursed by a 26 year old slave woman (unless SHE was the real mother and my 3rd great grandmother!), who my 3rd great gave freedom to a few years later (reference 1830 and 1840 Stokes CO NC census).
That same WM Woodall 50 years later was shacking up on the 1880 census with a widow who is listed as "mulatto". I do not know what % of any race she was- all I know is he had nothing against blacks.
6) Blacks in the cotton mills where my grandad Charles Woodall worked in the 1890's (1900 census, Cordava, Walker Co, Al) taught him how to play the banjo and he was so grateful for giving his family the love of music (which was passed on to me), that for the rest of his life on certain occasions he would dress up as Abraham Lincoln and recite the Emancipation Proclamation and other patriotic writing at places like senior citizen centers (I have a photo I can send a copy of).
7) racist- I am 1/16th Cherokee, my 2nd great grandmother Sarah T. Davis, eacaped the forced removal of the Cherokees to OK via the mis-named "Trail of Tears" (it was called by the Cherokees "the trail where we cried")by that great white (Democrat) Andrew Jackson.
8) Prejudice- My Woodalls at some point in their lives married non-English back 5 generations including Italian, Hungarian, Asian, Cherokee and (common law) mulatto. I have a Japanese cousin, 2 1/2 Fillipino nephews, Japanese sis-in-law, 2 gay cousins. I am 1/4 Italian, 1/16 Cherokee, Scotch. Irish, Descendent of many nationalities, and had an ancestor who died on the way to the Crusades to fight the Muslims. I have been several times in my life because I was white, straight, hippie, liberal, anti-Vietrnam War, had long hair.
Racist? I do not think so! As a matter of, every key on this keyboard I am typing on is Black!LOL!!

hcap
08-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Obviously this will not be the last legal opinion by the courts.
I am aware that there are major differences of opinion here. I am not passing legal judgement
on her decision other than I agree with the expressed sentiments of the decision in reigning in da king.

My problem is how ken tried to portray Judge TAYLOR as somehow tainted by her inability to get a job, or why else post this?
Unable to get a job as a lawyer at New York or Washington, D.C., law firms -- a near impossibility for black people, especially women, in the 1950s (WHEN REPUB IKE WAS PRES!)-- Taylor turned to the Solicitor's Office of the U.S. Department of Labor. She became a lawyer there with the help of J. Ernest Wilkins, then assistant secretary of labor and the first black person appointed to a subcabinet post. He also was a friend of her father's.

"I'd be unemployed today if it hadn't been for that man," Taylor said in a 1984 interview with the Michigan Bar Journal.And further painting her as unable to be fair because of her ex-husbands' criminal record or why else post this? "Charles C. Diggs, Jr.

_______
I guess judge Mrs. Diggs still likes Congress enough to limit that "creature" Bush's powers to what Congress votes on!And what does this mean ken I assumed she was more white than black??

Show Me the Wire
08-19-2006, 04:49 PM
hcap:

My take on Ken's post. It is all about Nepotism, that Democrat bastion ala the Chicago Machine politics as well as Huey Long's operstion in LA.

Also the remark about more white, he meant he thought she was white rather than black from her picture.

Obvious point made by Ken, the judge is a nepotistic democratic creature with a grudge.

hcap
08-19-2006, 05:02 PM
kenwoodallpromos
1) I had nothing against this judge until you told us she had a personal racial agenda which affects her rulings. That destroys any "unbiased" argument unless you think only blacks have a right to bring race and not the law into rulings as some do. She and anyone else should set aside any racial or other agenda when judging, according to you she does not and that makes any of her rulings suspect aspecially since many persons targeted by the Bushies are non-European and some non-white (black Muslim).
2) Until you posted about the year of her divorce, I had no idea she was divorced when her ex got censured and went to jail, so that could have influenced her politics.
3) The idea that she said she would never have had a job if not for her father's friend is of course in the story (nepotism)Complete and utter bullshit

1-I never said she had a personal racial agenda. You wanna point it out? Could it be? "Taylor has used her positions to advance civil rights throughout the United States." from her official biography? If that is what you are refering to, well I can only say that indicates your bias. Others in office have done the same. Do they also have a personal racial agenda???"The right of ordinary men and women to determine their own political future lies at the heart of the American experiment," Bush said. He said the Voting Rights Act proposed and signed by then-President Lyndon Johnson in 1965 "broke the segregationist lock on the voting box."
"My administration will vigorously enforce the provisions of this law, and we will defend it in court," Bush said.

....Da preznit recently in signing The Voting Rights Act extension Thursday, July 27, 2006; 2-Her husbands' record had absolutely NOTHING to do with her decision, you implied that it did, and now that you know they were divorced, you are still surmising " so that could have influenced her politics." WTF?
3-Nepotism almost 40 years ago? What exactly does that have to do with anything?

The rest of your last post is along the lines of "some of my best friends are..."

I repeat And what does this mean kenI assumed she was more white than black??

Tom
08-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Gee, Hcap - you sure do get upset when someone posts things exactly like YOU do all the time. What possible relevance is 3/4 of the crap YOU post here?

Your little world getting rocked with reality?

hcap
08-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Show Me the Wire hcap:

My take on Ken's post. It is all about Nepotism, that Democrat bastion ala the Chicago Machine politics as well as Huey Long's operstion in LA.

Also the remark about more white, he meant he thought she was white rather than black from her picture.

Obvious point made by Ken, the judge is a nepotistic democratic creature with a grudge.
http://www.chris-floyd.com/images/Judge%20Taylor.jpg

Clearly a black women. Clearly a black women judge.

Show me the logic, Show Me the Wire
Obvious only to you and anyone in lock step with da leedur.
No chicago in her background, no LA.

If you wanna disagree with the opinion, fine. Why crucify every one who finds fault with your gang in the WH? Btw, Tom Friedman has jumped ship on the war. Are you now gonna go after him? I seem to recall he was one of your heroes when he was supporting da prez

Tom Gee, Hcap - you sure do get upset when someone posts things exactly like YOU do all the time. What possible relevance is 3/4 of the crap YOU post here?

Your little world getting rocked with reality?Yeah first Hamdan v. Rumsfeld,

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court delivered a blow to the Bush administration's anti-terror policies Thursday when it ruled that the president was out of line when he ordered military war-crimes trials for some Guantanamo Bay detainees.

Now we have another court smacking bush down.

Tom
08-19-2006, 06:01 PM
From that phot - noting is clear.
I'll give you "woman" but nothing else.

BTW, how's that Chenney indictment coming along? :sleeping:

JustRalph
08-19-2006, 06:07 PM
you're right.........obviously black from this photo.........

DJofSD
08-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Clearly a black women.

No, it's not.

Indulto
08-19-2006, 06:43 PM
The only thing that’s clear is that the r-word is not PC. As we all make negative comments and decisions on races here, play race cards, and make off-color remarks, perhaps that term should apply to everyone. :lol:

hcap,
Go pick on Andy Young.;)

KW,
How do you find the time to maintain your genealogy data base AND your racing data base(s). As to any further foraging in my family forest, fugeddahbouddit.:D

Show Me the Wire
08-19-2006, 09:34 PM
hcap:

The reference was democrats engage in large scale nepotism(inconvenient truth. I referenced two fine like examples of it, that everyone is knowledgable about.

I do not think it is obvious from the picture she is a black woman. If I had to guess knowing she was not caucasion, I would guess Asian.

Any how what is the big deal? She clearly admitted to nepotism.

kenwoodallpromos
08-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Other than someone mentioning "Red Queen", YOU are the one who keeps harping on her race and gender, no one else here. I really know how based on any photo, including the one of her, how you can tell her ancestry is 100% or whatever % from the Negroid-black- colored- whatever race. I guess I can tell she is a woman. I do not have the slightest individual or gender or racial based guilt complex. I have no idea why you choose to errantly play untrue mind reading games; but I do know as you can tell from my posts from earlier threads that that is a definite Demo trait.
Since you brought up her remarriage in 1976, and her first hubby used kickbacks for "personal business", did that include alimony payments to her? Let's find out to make sure she is unbiased in that area.
Also, I object to the other poster who called the judge a "creature" for the same reason I objected when Bush was called one.

kenwoodallpromos
08-19-2006, 10:02 PM
In your quuote she said she would have been out of work as of 1984 if not for ther father's friend. This is not 2034 so your "50 years" statement is incorrect.

boxcar
08-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Obviously this will not be the last legal opinion by the courts.
I am aware that there are major differences of opinion here. I am not passing legal judgement
on her decision other than I agree with the expressed sentiments of the decision in reigning in da king.

My problem is how ken tried to portray Judge TAYLOR as somehow tainted by her inability to get a job, or why else post this?

The U.S. government is overloaded with incompetent nincompoops who have made civil service their career path because they're qualified to do little else in the private sector.

Boxcar

skate
08-20-2006, 11:45 PM
hey, does this mean we were cheating, when we stole the codes from the japs and the germans?

and another dasterdly, unconstitutionally Big Whoop Whoop, how bout all those poor american indians, when we stole there smoke signals?

man oh man, they sure did brutalize the constitution back then and now we gotta pay.
just cause they didn't have a Verizon

kenwoodallpromos
08-21-2006, 03:58 AM
hey, does this mean we were cheating, when we stole the codes from the japs and the germans?

and another dasterdly, unconstitutionally Big Whoop Whoop, how bout all those poor american indians, when we stole there smoke signals?

man oh man, they sure did brutalize the constitution back then and now we gotta pay.
just cause they didn't have a Verizon
I guess at least Bush is not starving them out like Republican Pres Grant did the indians by killing the buffalo.

skate
08-21-2006, 02:35 PM
hey K;

i'm pret sure that george has shot a few beefalos alsos, or was that chainsaw cheney, he's my man.

46zilzal
08-22-2006, 01:30 PM
But we want an education system to educate every child. And here's our vision of how it's done. First, you must have leadership that sets high standards. It's amazing what happens when you have low standards. Guess what happens? You get low results. It's what I call the soft bigotry of low expectations. If you don't have high standards, you get lousy results, particularly in some neighborhoods. And that's unacceptable to a person like Lynn Swann and me.
-- Nice grammar, Dubya. Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Aug. 15, 2006

rastajenk
08-22-2006, 01:40 PM

I guess Hcap has experienced the bigotry of low expectations, as well.

GaryG
08-22-2006, 03:12 PM
The U.S. government is overloaded with incompetent nincompoops who have made civil service their career path because they're qualified to do little else in the private sector.

BoxcarAnyone who has ever been in a Post Office realizes that most of these people are totally unqualified to work in the real (ie: business) world. But they are immune from being fired so the don't care what their customers or anyone else thinks. I agree with Ken right down the line on this one. I have felt hcap's wrath before and will probably feel it again. Harmless stuff.

sq764
08-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Show Me the Wire
http://www.chris-floyd.com/images/Judge%20Taylor.jpg

Show me the logic, Show Me the Wire
Obvious only to you and anyone in lock step with da leedur.
No chicago in her background, no LA.

If you wanna disagree with the opinion, fine. Why crucify every one who finds fault with your gang in the WH? Btw, Tom Friedman has jumped ship on the war. Are you now gonna go after him? I seem to recall he was one of your heroes when he was supporting da prez

TomYeah first Hamdan v. Rumsfeld,

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court delivered a blow to the Bush administration's anti-terror policies Thursday when it ruled that the president was out of line when he ordered military war-crimes trials for some Guantanamo Bay detainees.

Now we have another court smacking bush down.
Actually in that picture, my first guess would be korean or asian before it would be black.

sq764
08-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Anyone who has ever been in a Post Office realizes that most of these people are totally unqualified to work in the real (ie: business) world. But they are immune from being fired so the don't care what their customers or anyone else thinks. I agree with Ken right down the line on this one. I have felt hcap's wrath before and will probably feel it again. Harmless stuff.
Was he happier during the Clinton years? I don't seem to recall those days, but I have to guess he was a little less insane.

kenwoodallpromos
08-22-2006, 06:08 PM
But we want an education system to educate every child. And here's our vision of how it's done. First, you must have leadership that sets high standards. It's amazing what happens when you have low standards. Guess what happens? You get low results. It's what I call the soft bigotry of low expectations. If you don't have high standards, you get lousy results, particularly in some neighborhoods. And that's unacceptable to a person like Lynn Swann and me.
-- Nice grammar, Dubya. Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Aug. 15, 2006
Wasn't there a Michael Moore movie called Roger AND ME?
"Roger and Me (1990). Directed by Michael Moore" (PAPA BUSH'S FAULT!LOL!!) MM is my excuse for low intelligence!LOL!!

Secretariat
08-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Anyone who has ever been in a Post Office realizes that most of these people are totally unqualified to work in the real (ie: business) world. But they are immune from being fired so the don't care what their customers or anyone else thinks. I agree with Ken right down the line on this one. I have felt hcap's wrath before and will probably feel it again. Harmless stuff.

Just for the record. Who do you mean exactly by "these people"?

Show Me the Wire
08-22-2006, 07:15 PM
For my record, I took it to mean civil servants.

What did you take it to mean, sec?

JustRalph
08-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Just for the record. Who do you mean exactly by "these people"?

he is pitching you the "racist" softball Gary.........watch out!

46zilzal
08-22-2006, 07:46 PM
photo of the real vegetable to remind folks what the honorary rutabaga acts like.

Tom
08-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Sec is playing the race card and 46 is serving refreshments.
That is MY take on THESE PEOPLE! :lol:

GaryG
08-23-2006, 08:30 AM
he is pitching you the "racist" softball Gary.........watch out!Yes....well it is actually a Dylanesque reference, it means whatever it means to you.....They're selling postcards of the hanging...