PDA

View Full Version : Formulator

douglasw32
08-17-2006, 07:34 AM
I know it is junk, but does anyone know how to get around the main module crashing on start in win xp pro. only happens on the dell laptop not on any of the other pc's and they are all identical.

tried repair/un install/reinstall/re download/ NOTHING.

kitts
08-17-2006, 01:46 PM
The program is workable and worthwhile for me but my problems have been minor in comparison and I use XP home. I have received decent help from the separate formulator email site.

pjbc77
08-17-2006, 09:44 PM
What is the separate Formulator email site? I have been having some problems with the trip notes. Thanks.

kitts
08-18-2006, 01:34 PM
I should have expected this. The separate Formulator email is no longer posted at drf.com. The only hint I can offer is the phone 800-306-3676 but telephone support is sometimes Italian. I did get an email from Lennie once notifying me that the new Formulator upgrade was alomost ready and I would be notified by email which I wasn't. Mike from DRF sometimes monitors this site and might jump in.

I have graduated to BRIS Unlimited PPs with comments at $1.00 per card and way better trainer stats.

Dan Montilion
08-18-2006, 02:02 PM
What is the separate Formulator email site? I have been having some problems with the trip notes. Thanks.

Try this... formulatorhelp@drf.com

pjbc77
08-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks.

highnote
03-15-2008, 10:11 PM
I know it is junk, but does anyone know how to get around the main module crashing on start in win xp pro. only happens on the dell laptop not on any of the other pc's and they are all identical.

tried repair/un install/reinstall/re download/ NOTHING.

I just downloaded Formulator 4.1.

It crashes on startup on my desktop. I'm using win xp pro.

Here's the message I get...

Formulator Application Main Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I tried running in different compatibility modes, but no luck.

Anyone ever solve this problem?

I've email DRF but probably won't have an answer until Monday.

douglasw32
03-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I ended up NOT using it on the dell laptop-

Never solved it, never got an answer from DRF

:(

highnote
03-15-2008, 10:35 PM
I ended up NOT using it on the dell laptop-

Never solved it, never got an answer from DRF

:(

I'm surprised you didn't get an answer. It's not like we're the only ones using xp pro!

douglasw32
03-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Sorry let me correct that, I did get an email response that was the canned version of everything I did, reinstall, clean registry, etc.

I just chalked it up to the dell, what Computer is it happening to on your end.

highnote
03-15-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm using an HP workstation. It's about 2 1/2 years old, but pretty powerful. Should handle formulator.

My guess is that it is a registry problem.

Tom
03-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Anyone ever solve this problem?

Yup. Switched to BRIS files. :lol:

cj
03-16-2008, 02:46 AM
I should have expected this. The separate Formulator email is no longer posted at drf.com. The only hint I can offer is the phone 800-306-3676 but telephone support is sometimes Italian. I did get an email from Lennie once notifying me that the new Formulator upgrade was alomost ready and I would be notified by email which I wasn't. Mike from DRF sometimes monitors this site and might jump in.

I have graduated to BRIS Unlimited PPs with comments at $1.00 per card and way better trainer stats.

Just for the record, it is Mark and Lonnie, not Mike and Lennie.

I use XP Pro, and though it crashes occasionally while exporting files, it is pretty minor and usually works fine. Not perfect of course, but it works.

highnote
03-16-2008, 03:18 AM
I use XP Pro, and though it crashes occasionally while exporting files, it is pretty minor and usually works fine. Not perfect of course, but it works.

But why does it run on your version of XP Pro and not mine?

cj
03-16-2008, 03:57 AM
I can't answer that. I did have the problem you mention a while back, but a reinstall took care of it.

dutchboy
03-16-2008, 09:05 AM
2. It appears you have missing or corrupt Windows XP system command.com, autoexec.nt and/or config.nt files -- to fix your system files click here and then scroll down to file XP_FIX.EXE:

http://visualtour.com/downloads/default.asp (http://visualtour.com/downloads/default.asp)

Running this fixed xp pro for a problem I had. Take a look at it if you want. Doubt if it would hurt to give it a try. The comments were provided by someone above my IQ level.

asH
03-16-2008, 01:51 PM
try compatibility mode,
right click on the icon >propities>compatibility>
'check' run in compat' mode choose Win' 98/ Win'ME

hope this works....did you ever accept its apology?

highnote
03-16-2008, 01:56 PM
try compatibility mode,
right click on the icon >propities>compatibility>
'check' run in compat' mode choose Win' 98/ Win'ME

hope this works....did you ever accept its apology?

I tried different compatibity modes but had no success.

At least the programmers have good manners. So, yes. I accepted their apology. :D

highnote
03-16-2008, 01:58 PM
2. It appears you have missing or corrupt Windows XP system command.com, autoexec.nt and/or config.nt files -- to fix your system files click here and then scroll down to file XP_FIX.EXE:

http://visualtour.com/downloads/default.asp (http://visualtour.com/downloads/default.asp)

Running this fixed xp pro for a problem I had. Take a look at it if you want. Doubt if it would hurt to give it a try. The comments were provided by someone above my IQ level.

Thanks. I will give this a try.

Tom
03-16-2008, 04:37 PM
If you have to keep changing computers, don't the file become unusable? I thought they could only be used on the original you downlloaded them to?
(Guess no one at DRF ever thought anyone would ever upgrade?)

highnote
03-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Finally got it working. Had to reinstall windows xp.

I figured there was probably a corrupt file or registry entry.

Don't know what the problem actually was, but at least it's working now.