PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Ford Mayo'd

bigmack
08-15-2006, 08:16 PM
GFord has been hospitalized @ Mayo Clinic today.

Presidential baton went from Ford to Carter? - I knew that was a good time to be abroad.

I played in a couple of celebrity tournaments with him in Rancho Mirage and always found him to be a nice fellow who told bad jokes and golfed even worse.

Happened to be behind his wife and SecretServ at a video store when the clerk insisted to see her ID which she didn't have and the clerk was a typical high school knowlittle. The SecretServ guys were snickering to themselves as she tried to convince the clerk of her identity as she explained that the large clinic down the street had her name on it and that her husband has been in the store previously and that he was once the President. The clerk says "that may be all well and good but I'm not supposed to let people rent without their ID". Long story short, I spoke up for the situ and she was able to rent although I can't vouch for fact that she may have a large late fee.

The youth of today - has so large a % ever been so confused?

Steve 'StatMan'
08-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Good heavens! You mean Betty Ford could do American Express commercials?

Come to think of it, today's youth likely never saw the "Do You Know Me?" American Express commercials!

Sure hope President Ford will be OK.