PDA

View Full Version : Youbet menus don't work right

mikejlb
08-14-2006, 02:03 AM
I called youbet because my menu stopped working. The menu that doesn't work is the popups labeled View, Wagering, Account, ect... the video popups work ok, the middle section with Exotics, Pool totals, will pays do not work but the next 3 do... Late ch, wager list, results do work. Ok tech support guys tell me it's a popup blocker and I already checked everything I can think of that might block popups. Tech support told me that I need every windows xp update that has been released and as far as I know I have the OS up to date. I did remove a few updates that used Eula and the wga trojan stuff but then put everything back again. I'm using IE 6.0.2900 with xpsp_sp2. I know this is most likely a popup issue but I cannot figure what program is causing the problem. I have scanned with kaspersky and also used trend-micro home visit. Kaspersky found nothing that has corrected the problem and home visit failed to complete the scan 2 or maybe 3 times. I have not noticed this problem at any other website that I have used. Any suggestions would be appreciated? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

JustRalph
08-14-2006, 04:58 AM
at the risk of the obvious....... have you opened your browser and gone under the "tools" menu, and turned off the built in pop up blocker that comes with sp2? If you have the google toolbar you must turn that one off too..........

mikejlb
08-16-2006, 02:05 AM
at the risk of the obvious....... have you opened your browser and gone under the "tools" menu, and turned off the built in pop up blocker that comes with sp2? If you have the google toolbar you must turn that one off too..........

It most likely is something very simple but it's not google or IE popup blockers. It might be another popup blocker that I am just missing. It could be one of the M$ updates that I missed or uninstalled but the strange thing is that I have no problems on any other site. I might go back to an old ghost image if I have one that lacks this problem.
Thanks for the response.

Snag
08-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Did you install their new wager window latley? I had to try it twice and always wonder what I screwed up when I did it.

Tim
08-16-2006, 09:53 AM
How about this,

Microsoft patch can cause IE trouble (http://news.com.com/Microsoft+patch+can+cause+IE+trouble/2100-1002_3-6106039.html?tag=nefd.top)

Latest security update can make the Web browser crash. Microsoft plans to release a revamped patch.

Tom
08-16-2006, 03:43 PM
A patch for a patch.
BRILIANT!
:lol:

DJofSD
08-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I have coworkers that have had lots of problems with IE crashing. While others such as myself, haven't had any problems. The common thread in the cadre of coworkers is those still running W2000 have the problem while those of us at XP/SP2+ are just fine.

Pacth to a patch? Heck, go back far enough and you'll discover that windows started out as a patch to DOS. Matter of fact, there was a big stink about the entire undocumented nature of this contrivance. Interesting stuff if you're into those kind of deep down details and OS designs.

Tom
08-16-2006, 11:12 PM
It's been downhill since DOS 3.2!

Hosshead
08-17-2006, 12:20 AM
How about this,

Microsoft patch can cause IE trouble (http://news.com.com/Microsoft+patch+can+cause+IE+trouble/2100-1002_3-6106039.html?tag=nefd.top)

Latest security update can make the Web browser crash. Microsoft plans to release a revamped patch.
This security update only causes problems with Windows 2000 and XP with SP1. Doesn't cause problems with XP-SP2 (IE6)

JustRalph
08-17-2006, 03:40 AM
It's been downhill since DOS 3.2!

I think I still have a copy of that...............
;)

BIG49010
08-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Life was easy, and a hell of lot slower too.