PDA

View Full Version : War on Drugs

bigmack
08-13-2006, 08:04 PM
We've all seen the costs - The number of people incarcerated - The amount of money it takes to enforce the laws

It's become an almost symbiotic world between those that do drugs and those that try to stop them from doing drugs.

Episodes of Cops and the like are innumerable with local officials going after people engaged in the use of illicit narcotics. There will never be a shortage of participants in their use

There has to be a better way to deal with this world that will never go away. I say put the stuff in a local store and make them available to those that want it within amountage restrictions and remove the illegality of the whole mess

http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

JustRalph
08-14-2006, 05:16 AM
using a MOAB on crack houses would work..............

As a former Troop in the war on drugs (it makes me laugh every time I hear that terminology) it is a damn joke............

twindouble
08-14-2006, 11:29 AM
The State or Federal Government will never be able to control stupid human behavior. In my opinion every dollar spent on control is a waste. Well, it's not an opinion it's a fact. Education is the only solid tool to in combating the problem. The other alternative is to ake the profit out of drugs and that can only be done by flooding the market by making it available to addicts with a built in rehab program. This where I would apply three strikes you out, either lock them up or send them to the street to continue their suicide mission. Then put their children up for adoption or in foster care. Money well spent. By taking the profit out of drugs, the growers would lose money and for those the distribute the costs would be to high. Nothing ventured nothing gained, what else is working?

T.D.

bigmack
08-14-2006, 12:24 PM
In my opinion every dollar spent on control is a waste.
If it were an investment the roi is akin to a constantly flushing toilet

kenwoodallpromos
08-14-2006, 02:17 PM
If the user is addicted it is a medical/psychological problem. If they are not it is a behavior problem. With each person busted figure out which is which and deal with it accordingly, treatment or rehabilitation.
With dealers I say set sentences, not "1-25 years" as the judges/juries get too much power that way.
We cannot afford to send the user to jail/prison without fixing the problem, and we cannot afford to let certain criminals out at all without proof they will not re-offend= those committing physical crimes against others, including selling dope.