PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Late Odds Drops

Cesario!
08-13-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm not usually one to talk about this, but has anyone else noticed odds dropping like crazy at post time (and after) at Monmouth lately? Didn't feel it was that bad at the beginning of the meet.

Reminds me now of how Laurel was during this past winter. It's being hit hard lately. Just watched a horse go 6/5, 3/5, 1/5 in a flash. Worst part of this game for a grinder.

kitts
08-13-2006, 01:58 PM
A sign o' the times!

howardjim
08-13-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm not usually one to talk about this, but has anyone else noticed odds dropping like crazy at post time (and after) at Monmouth lately? Didn't feel it was that bad at the beginning of the meet.

Reminds me now of how Laurel was during this past winter. It's being hit hard lately. Just watched a horse go 6/5, 3/5, 1/5 in a flash. Worst part of this game for a grinder.

I don't follow MTH that closely as it yields few bets for my "grinding" style.

LRL certainly had that problem but, for me, it was usually a Lake horse and odds-on was expected.

SUF has many mismatched fields and dominant Rigattieri horses and low pools get banged very late.

AQUi, PHA, DEL, CT and PEN have been kinder in holding reasonably well on strong favorites.

peakpros
08-13-2006, 08:29 PM

I usually bet when the last two-three horses are loaded...it has been ok for me most of the meet.....much better than in the past few seasons IMO...

however you are right on with the odds drops in the past 10 days or so....

Not sure what to do about it however....i can't wager serious money without seeing the horese in person....

Ron
08-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Tons of Love just went from 59 to 40 during the race to win the 6th at Mountaineer.

PaceAdvantage
08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I get the feeling you are joking, but in case you aren't, it doesn't take much to drop a horse from 59 to 40, especially at Mountaineer....

Tote Master
08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
In the 6th at Mountaineer on Sun night,
#2 Tonz of Love was listed as 15/1 on the M/L
At 17 mins to post it was 25/1
At 12 mins to post is was 20/1
At 7 mins to post is was 16/1
At 5 mins to post it was 20/1
At Post Time is was 25/1
And after all of the betting monies came in after the gate opened it was 40/1

The moral of the story is early money in this case was pouring in locally and the late money remotely. Usually the connections are local. End of story. ;)