PDA

View Full Version : BeOnSports.com

highnote
08-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Any news on BetOnSports.com?

I was surprised to see that they shut down their website.

Imagine -- a publicly traded company forced to shut down.

I wonder how the Feds new that one of BetOnSports executives had set foot in the U.S.?

Pace Cap'n
08-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Here is a post borrowed from another fourm:

1)Why did BOS close for even 1 second in response to a US DOJ TRO that has no jurisdiction over them?

to stop players from taking funds

2)Once they did close, after they "fired" Carruthers why didn't they immediately re-open. They sacrificed Carruthers, there's no one else the DOJ has or can touch unless they come to the US.

by firing Carruthers the US no longer has anyone to 'serve' papers too, couldn't re-open because of all the creditors leaning on them for money, they have to decide on paying the creditors or paying the players

3)Why the hell are they closing up shop in a Country where what they are doing is legal, and where whatever the US govt thinks or is doing is meaningless?

they have to close for the same reason all broke companies close thier doors

4)Why would Neteller, Firepay, etc not process Withdrawals from the BOS family? If they fund their Neteller, what is Neteller's problem?

The BoS account at Neteller is BoS's account. Neteller just can't go in there and disperse funds as they see fit. I'm sure Neteller (on BoS instructions) has been busy xfering funds out of the BoS account to many bank accounts around the world.

5)OK, they're closing Costa Rica operations. What's to stop BOS from just re-opening in Great Britain, serving their US customers as usual, and giving a big FU to the DOJ, who again would have no jurisdiction over them. They'd be running a perfectly legal business in a country that supports this business, and doing nothing different than the Sportingbet family, Bowman's Canbet, etc. in a stonger jurisdiction where they already are licensed.

If they did that then the players that lost $$$ could go after them in whatever country they move to.

Let's face it, maybe they closed their doors on day one because they wanted to evaluate the situation... I'm sure within that 1st hour of the news breaking BoS had calls from every one of their creditors demanding payment. After taking care of all the 'good 'ol boys' there was nothing left... oh well that is what bankruptcy court is for...

bigmack
08-11-2006, 07:16 PM
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9070-2309182,00.html