PDA

View Full Version : NY trainer and herion

kenwoodallpromos
08-09-2006, 12:23 PM
T. Times today reports herion found on trainer Laboccetta Jr. after car accident. Been training 5 years, dad trained, Jr. rode; this is an old report of his horse drug violations; 2001 must have been just after he began training!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL OFFER: Subscribe to The Blood-Horse and save over 70%
NY Trainer Laboccetta Fined, Suspended
Date Posted: 5/28/2003 7:56:07 PM
Last Updated: 5/28/2003 7:56:07 PM

For the second time in less than 20 months, trainer Frank Laboccetta Jr. has been given a 15-day suspension and a $2,000 fine after one of his runners tested positive for clenbuterol.
His horse Let It Shine tested positive for clenbuterol following her first-place finish in a one-mile claiming race at Aqueduct on March 27, according to the Daily Racing Form.

Let It Shine crossed the wire 2 ¼ lengths ahead of runner-up Her Place but was disqualified and placed eighth. Her Place was awarded the victory.

Laboccetta decided not appeal the Aqueduct stewards' ruling so that the suspension would be reduced from 30 days, according to the DRF.

Belmont stewards suspended the trainer for 15 days and fined him $2,000 in October 2001 after clenbuterol was found in the post race urine analysis of Electra Q Shun at Belmont Park.

kenwoodallpromos
08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Chronic atitude on the part of this particular trainer.

ghostyapper
08-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Racing has got to have the biggest joke suspensions. 15 days for a second time offender?

kenwoodallpromos
08-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Racing has got to have the biggest joke suspensions. 15 days for a second time offender?
_______
1st and 2nd time penalties were exactly the same; in some jurisdictions by comparison, horses that bleed through lasix get progressively worse penalties each time.
Seemed to me Jr. began his training career juicing, and maybe figured he and the horses both needed a boost when traveling.
I am wild about accusing everyong who beats my horse of juicing, but hopefully racing is still attempting to weed out the worst, and if the heroin report is true I hope this guy is gone from the racing scene!

pjbc77
08-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I seem to remember this guy having a sick winning percentage for a stretch a couple years ago, anyone else remember that?

the_fat_man
08-09-2006, 07:47 PM
I've seen some terrible jocks in my 30 years of following racing

but

Frankie Labo Jr. was just about the absolutely worst apprentice I've ever seen

GNOMElike, he had absolutely no strength and couldn't control a horse (to a reasonable degree). Frankie Labo Jr. on a horse was not only a LAUGHABLE site but a quite dangerous situation (not only for himself but for the other riders).

But it gets worse:

here's a story I heard once ----

Match the Mouse, a maiden, was making a winning late move in a race at Aqueduct, when he was struck by the whip of another horse and had to settle for 2nd

as the story would have it, a trip handicapper noticed this event, which was completely missed by the charts people (go figure?)

Match the Mouse ran back a few weeks later and the handicapper
bet him to win at 5/1 (or so) but more importantly had him on top (with a very minor reverse) in an exacta that was paying ~ 150.00. (The reverse payed ~120.00). Had he hit, it would've been a major score for him.

In any event, they've entered the stretch and the bottom horse (in the exacta) is duking it out with a couple others. And here comes Match the Mouse, exploding in the lane. At that precise moment, Frankie Labo. Jr.
unable to control his horse, which is weakening badly, comes out directly in the path of Match the Mouse. The impedence is such that Match the Mouse comes to an almost complete stop. He then gets back in gear, makes up a ton of ground, racing wide, on the top 3 and hits the wire together with the horse the handicapper has him on top of. I mean, it was a FOREGOlike late move.

Needless to say, Match the Mouse, loses the photo.

It would please that handicapper to no end, I would think, were he to
hear that in addition to (being an IDIOT and) not being able to ride, Frankie Labo Jr.

1) is a juicer

2) is a junkie

go figure:bang:

and the irony is all the more delicious in that this story was brought to our attention by the GREAT PARADOXER himself (not in terms of ideas but presentation) Kenwoods......:lol:

JustRalph
08-09-2006, 07:52 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10327&highlight=Laboccetta

I think Frank is a member here.............tough situation

http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17025439&BRD=1169&PAG=461&dept_id=17708&rfi=6

kenwoodallpromos
08-09-2006, 10:53 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10327&highlight=Laboccetta

I think Frank is a member here.............tough situation

http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17025439&BRD=1169&PAG=461&dept_id=17708&rfi=6
_______
Some here roused him for postinf his web address too much---
"Have a nice life people !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I said I apologize but that wasn't good enough , I am not a big fan of computers I have an 8th grade education but I do know horses ,I know how to ride them, I know how to train them, and I know when to BET on them ,,so I hope you people have a nice life on your computer in your little message board. good bye.
anyone that wants to talk to me can email me :flabojr@aol.com
Frank LaBoccetta Jr.
Aqueduct-Belmont-Saratoga"

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2006, 04:05 AM
He was a member here for about 2 seconds....and to this day, andicap still laments his going....I for one thought he was way too thin skinned, as I don't believe anyone was all that hard on him that he had to run away....

jotb
08-10-2006, 08:05 AM
I've seen some terrible jocks in my 30 years of following racing

but

Frankie Labo Jr. was just about the absolutely worst apprentice I've ever seen

GNOMElike, he had absolutely no strength and couldn't control a horse (to a reasonable degree). Frankie Labo Jr. on a horse was not only a LAUGHABLE site but a quite dangerous situation (not only for himself but for the other riders).

But it gets worse:

here's a story I heard once ----

Match the Mouse, a maiden, was making a winning late move in a race at Aqueduct, when he was struck by the whip of another horse and had to settle for 2nd

as the story would have it, a trip handicapper noticed this event, which was completely missed by the charts people (go figure?)

Match the Mouse ran back a few weeks later and the handicapper
bet him to win at 5/1 (or so) but more importantly had him on top (with a very minor reverse) in an exacta that was paying ~ 150.00. (The reverse payed ~120.00). Had he hit, it would've been a major score for him.

In any event, they've entered the stretch and the bottom horse (in the exacta) is duking it out with a couple others. And here comes Match the Mouse, exploding in the lane. At that precise moment, Frankie Labo. Jr.
unable to control his horse, which is weakening badly, comes out directly in the path of Match the Mouse. The impedence is such that Match the Mouse comes to an almost complete stop. He then gets back in gear, makes up a ton of ground, racing wide, on the top 3 and hits the wire together with the horse the handicapper has him on top of. I mean, it was a FOREGOlike late move.

Needless to say, Match the Mouse, loses the photo.

It would please that handicapper to no end, I would think, were he to
hear that in addition to (being an IDIOT and) not being able to ride, Frankie Labo Jr.

1) is a juicer

2) is a junkie

go figure:bang:

and the irony is all the more delicious in that this story was brought to our attention by the GREAT PARADOXER himself (not in terms of ideas but presentation) Kenwoods......:lol:

Hello:

To my recollection, Laboccetta was born with Scoliosis and if that's the case, riding professionally must have been a difficult task.

Joe

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Seemed to me Jr. began his training career juicing, and maybe figured he and the horses both needed a boost when traveling.
I am wild about accusing everyong who beats my horse of juicing, but hopefully racing is still attempting to weed out the worst, and if the heroin report is true I hope this guy is gone from the racing scene!

Jeez Woodman, talk about kicking a guy when he is down....now you're going to accuse the guy of juicing from the get-go? What the hell?

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Again, I will remind everyone that he has not been convicted of a thing....heroin is purely speculation in the press at this moment, as the police haven't released any findings as to what exactly was impairing his driving ability....

Thanks....

kenwoodallpromos
08-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Jeez Woodman, talk about kicking a guy when he is down....now you're going to accuse the guy of juicing from the get-go? What the hell?
The internet says he started training in 2001- and that in 2001 he was "convicted", fined and suspended for his horse in violation of Clebuteral- and again in 2003. That is why I said he started off his career juicing.
As far as the heroin in his vehicle and in his possession, I said IF TRUE.
I never heard of recreational use of heroin- just taking due to addiction, and how expensive is tht habit? He is accused of having at least 2 packages of heroin- and on his person and car while driving.
Part of that driving he does is at the track on the backside. How dangerous is his driving?

kenwoodallpromos
08-10-2006, 02:46 PM
My email to him:
Some of us on paceadvantage.com forum (including me) are joking about the recent accusations of possesion of heroin and your 2 horse drug violations in 2001 and 2003.
Just letting you know in case you want to come on it and post.

jotb
08-10-2006, 04:07 PM
My email to him:
Some of us on paceadvantage.com forum (including me) are joking about the recent accusations of possesion of heroin and your 2 horse drug violations in 2001 and 2003.

Hello Kenwoodall:

Not for anything but are you always this brain dead.

Joe

DrugSalvastore
08-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Really,

How many of us PA memeber haven't shot up some "Big H" and went out and crashed a car or two?

I know KenWood and I have!!

NY BRED
08-10-2006, 09:11 PM
interesting how the worlds are colliding,concerning the subject of
trainers and their usage of enhanced medications etc ..
to win races with no repsect for their horses or the general public.

Read andy beyer's article in the friday edition of the drf t'm'w
which highlights some of the banter here, but more importantly strikes hard at
the racing officials for their light penalties of such trainers as durtrow,
asmussen etc, who while suspended are still training through their
appointed "backup" personnel.

while most of us bitch about being economically affected by these
shananigans, few of us dwell about the thoroughbred who is in the custody of
a trainer who should be caring for the horse rather than setting it
up for a "killing" or be killed situation.

bigmack
08-10-2006, 09:26 PM
few of us dwell about the thoroughbred who is in the custody of a trainer who should be caring for the horse
Heavy post. Bad apples spoiling the cart - Or systemic IYO?

Ron
08-10-2006, 10:36 PM
what about the poor family who's life he ruined?

fastCow
08-11-2006, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by NY BRED
few of us dwell about the thoroughbred who is in the custody of a trainer who should be caring for the horse

Heavy post. Bad apples spoiling the cart - Or systemic IYO?

I also have serious concerns about trainers using illegal medications. Previously, a fan of many sports, I am losing interest because I can not tell if a great performance is enhanced or not.

Horse racing, though, has always been my refuge.

I am aware that horse racing has always had a dark side to it: horses breaking down on the track (Ruffian, Barbaro), horses being killed for insurance (Alydar), horses being killed by neglect (was it Sunday Silence that was slaughtered?), and various larcenies.

But I felt that the beauty and competitive nature of racehorses, the challenge of handicapping, and the goal of profit outweighed the tragedies.

Now, I am not so sure. The emergence of "super-trainers" with unprecedented success rates is very troubling. From my perspective, these are very cynical people; some have even explained their horses' huge improvements with better feed...

For a period at Santa Anita several trainers suspected of illegally medicating thier horses (including Jeff Mullins) were required to place them in quarantine before they raced.

The only trainer to admit to using "milkshakes" was Adam Kitchingham. He said that he had believed that he needed to use this approach in order to stay competitive. To his credit, though, he also said that he knew it was wrong and would no longer continue in those practices.

On the other hand, there are others who are excellent horsemen and ethical men. Richard Mandella and Bruce Headley come to mind. I see in the patterns of how they train and race their horses, a real regard for the horse's well-being.

With so much mixed information, I am unable to draw a conclusion as to how systemic abuse of horse medication is. I think that there is a whole spectrum of attitudes and approaches.

But if the climate is such that many trainers feel they need to cheat to compete, then I feel it is incumbent on the industry to make stopping medication abuse a top priority - for the sake of the horses, for the sake of the handicappers, for the sake of the owners, for the sake of trainers, and for the sake of horseracing itself.

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2006, 03:54 PM
what about the poor family who's life he ruined?

I wasn't aware of the condition of the occupants of the other vehicle hit. Please provide details. You know they are a family? How do you know their lives are ruined?

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2006, 03:55 PM
My email to him:

Who the hell is joking? This really isn't something to joke about. Do you really think he's going to come on here....he's still in the damn hospital!

Please don't go writing to anyone else invoking the name of this website....

Jeez man....THINK!

JustRalph
08-11-2006, 11:43 PM
no longer in Hospital it appears. Tough situation...........

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=507511&category=REGION&newsdate=8/11/2006

some info from the Saratogian:
Bill Hobbins also had to be flown to Albany Medical Center. Hobbins and Laboccetta were in fair condition there Monday evening.

Bill Hobbins' wife, his son, Sean, and his sister, Debbie Alleyne, also were in Hobbins' car. Murphy said all three of these people were still at Saratoga Hospital on Monday receiving treatment for their injuries.

Valuist
08-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Didn't know Labocetta but knew one of his primary owners a bit. The guy is one of the most successful bettors in Chicago. I noticed this year he hadn't been running horses in New York anymore.

Rico8812
08-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Times Union reporting that Labo is now in jail in lieu of $1,500 bail.

Guy can't scrape up 15 hundo? Family and friends turning their backs? This is strange to me.

kenwoodallpromos
08-12-2006, 05:26 AM
Who the hell is joking? This really isn't something to joke about. Do you really think he's going to come on here....he's still in the damn hospital!

Please don't go writing to anyone else invoking the name of this website....

Jeez man....THINK!
Well, email came back address unknown so nothing came of it anyway.

LaughAndBeMerry
08-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Didn't know Labocetta but knew one of his primary owners a bit. The guy is one of the most successful bettors in Chicago. I noticed this year he hadn't been running horses in New York anymore.

I think FL2 and Laz had a parting of the ways.

Ron
09-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Update on the story:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=521154&category=SARATOGA&BCCode=&newsdate=9/29/2006

kenwoodallpromos
09-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Update on the story:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=521154&category=SARATOGA&BCCode=&newsdate=9/29/2006

Valuist
09-29-2006, 07:52 PM
I think FL2 and Laz had a parting of the ways.

Yes they did. Laz will be ok. He's one of the best handicappers in the country.

CryingForTheHorses
09-29-2006, 08:04 PM

They should throw the book at him.. :jump: .Everyone knows right from wrong..This is wrong and it shouldnt be tolerated by any means..I have no pity for someone like this..It could have been someone in your own family.

JustRalph
09-29-2006, 11:23 PM
I am just glad he didn't recruit anybody from this board to buy into any of his stock. I believe that was his goal when he signed on. Not that I am against that, there are tons of ways to get involved in racing. Shared partnerships I guess are as good as anything else. But can you imagine what his owners are having to do now? Or what they have been through lately. He cannot have been making sound decisions for the stock, while using Heroin. Not to mention investing your money into a group that is headed by a heroin user. Who the hell knows where the money would end up............

I don't think he will have to worry about the drug use. Where he is going , he will be more clean than ever. Depending on what facility he gets put into.

BIG49010
09-30-2006, 07:46 AM
He will get off, and it will be like something you see on Law and Order.

Vet gave it too him for a horse, and he didn't know it what it was, blah, blah, blah..

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I think we all mean to say "ALLEGED HEROIN USER"

He has not been convicted as of yet, only indicted....

kenwoodallpromos
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
"Posted: January 09, 2007

Trainer LaBoccetta pleads guilty to felony charges from car crash

New York trainer Frank LaBoccetta admitted that he was under the influence of heroin in August when he crashed his vehicle into an oncoming van in Wilton, New York.

LaBoccetta pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree vehicular assault, felony, and he faces up to seven years in state prison. He will be sentenced on March 5. A family of four was traveling in the minivan, and the husband and wife both were injured, the Saratogian reports."

JustRalph
03-10-2007, 01:10 AM
This seems to have been buried? Why haven't I seen it anywhere else?

He got off easy............

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2007/03/06/news/local/06c503e5c5d5f86185257296001503a0.txt

kenwoodallpromos
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
DRF and T.Times caried the story- Not bad, considering he pled guilty, but cocaine AND heroin both at the same time is serious. And no deaths. Now he just has to turn Christian and tray to get out early. I'm glad he has time to think about it.

westny
03-13-2007, 12:42 AM
This seems to have been buried? Why haven't I seen it anywhere else?

He got off easy............

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2007/03/06/news/local/06c503e5c5d5f86185257296001503a0.txt

Talk about buried how about Cole Norman...killed a lady and her dog veering into her car via head-on collision...:eek:
bet Norman gets no jail time down in the bayou country.

andicap
03-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Really.
Where is Jack McCoy when you really need him?

:mad:

ELA
03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Talk about buried how about Cole Norman...killed a lady and her dog veering into her car via head-on collision...:eek:
bet Norman gets no jail time down in the bayou country.

Has anything come out -- other than rumor -- about Norman being impaired, under the influence or something of the like? Of course there are numerous rumors, as always.

Also, maybe I am naive, and I am from NJ not LA, but does anyone truly believe that "they" are going to make something like this -- with a relative of the Clinton family having been killed -- merely just "go away"?

Eric