PDA

View Full Version : Monitors must not like negative posts

charlieparks53
08-07-2006, 01:46 AM
I guess my post was deleated because of the negative post about gambling. I guess I touched a nerve. Who said freedom of speech was alive.

Dave Schwartz
08-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Listen...

You have a problem. You realize that you have a problem. That is a good thing and congratulations to you for realizing that you have a problem.

Now, perhaps some people on this forum also have a problem.

But who appointed you classroom monitor to come in here and point out to anyone that they must have the same problem(s) that you have?

Your post was inappropriate and inaccurate. You have no knowledge beyond yourself and you were not invited to comment on anyone else's behavior.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Who said freedom of speech was alive.

Where exactly does it say in the user agreement that you accepted when you joined this board that you are entitled to absolute free speech? In fact, the user agreement explains quite clearly that there are restrictions on what you may and may not post on this board.

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2006, 03:51 AM
And just for the record, what exactly was removed and when? For some reason, I can't recall your particular post.....

JustRalph
08-07-2006, 03:52 AM
The Freedom of Speech is only guaranteed to not be impeded by the U.S. Government. Anybody else can tell you to shut the hell up............

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2006, 03:53 AM
The Freedom of Speech is only guaranteed to not be impeded by the U.S. Government. Anybody else can tell you to shut the hell up............

Well, that's another way to put it....but yeah, what Ralph said.....

rrpic6
08-07-2006, 07:04 AM
I guess my post was deleated because of the negative post about gambling. I guess I touched a nerve. Who said freedom of speech was alive.

You mean your reply to the Dateline story? You gotta surf around a little better on this site. If you want negativity..check out the Off-Topic section...bring a crying towel...WAAAAH!!!

kenwoodallpromos
08-07-2006, 12:56 PM
___
I suppose anyone may "monitor" any post they want in here but only 1 administrator can delete posts or members- PA.
You can request your own post be deleted if you realize it was idiot.
Your post can be lost very quickly if others thought it was idiotic and did not respond to it.
If you want resonses you should ask a question in a poll rather than assuming you know someone else's mind.
I care very little about actually betting real money, so as posted I did not consider it worth my time to answer about anyone else's addictions.
Perhaps I would find it interesting if you found your post on the subject and explained how you can still bet, read and post in spite of your gambling problem.

kenwoodallpromos
08-07-2006, 01:07 PM
You mean your reply to the Dateline story? You gotta surf around a little better on this site. If you want negativity..check out the Off-Topic section...bring a crying towel...WAAAAH!!!
______
I just made my 1 and only post on that thread, about what you ASSUMED about Blind Squirrel. And that is why I did not post on it.

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I still don't know what the hell this charlieparks guy is talking about concerning deleted posts.....:lol:

I guess senility is setting in for me at an early age....

dav4463
08-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Horseracing is not gambling. It is investing. It is like the stock market. It becomes gambling when players just pick numbers and look for action without putting in any work.

ryesteve
08-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Horseracing is not gambling. It is investing. It is like the stock market.
Well, one difference is that if I put money on every stock over the past 40 years, I'd have more money than Bill Gates by now... but if I put money on every horse during the past 40 years, I'd be in deeper than the national debt :D

Sailwolf
08-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Horseracing is not gambling. It is investing. It is like the stock market. It becomes gambling when players just pick numbers and look for action without putting in any work.

In one of his books Peter Lynch (Fidelity Investments - Magellen (sp) would agree with you.

twindouble
08-07-2006, 10:42 PM

That's funny, when you buy a $200 win ticket and lose you rip up the ticket. When you buy stocks you can cut your losses by selling or you risk it will go up to make a buck. I would be nice if every bet we made bought a piece of the horse or the track. LOL>

T.D.

banacek
08-07-2006, 10:46 PM
In one of his books Peter Lynch (Fidelity Investments - Magellen (sp) would agree with you.

"Once the unsettling fact of the risk in money is
accepted, we can begin to separate gambling from investing not
by the type of activity (buying bonds, buying stocks, betting on
horses, etc.) but the skill, dedication and enterprise of the
participant. To a veteran handicapper with the discipline to
stick to a system, betting on horses offers a relatively secure
long-term return, which to him has been as reliable as owning
a mutual fund or shares of General Electric."
------------- Peter Lynch in One up on Wall Street

Steve 'StatMan'
08-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Wonder if Charlie got his formus mixed up. This complaint thread is under 'General Handicapping Discussion' and his DateLine NBC thread is under General Racing Discussion

twindouble
08-07-2006, 11:30 PM
"Once the unsettling fact of the risk in money is
accepted, we can begin to separate gambling from investing not
by the type of activity (buying bonds, buying stocks, betting on
horses, etc.) but the skill, dedication and enterprise of the
participant. To a veteran handicapper with the discipline to
stick to a system, betting on horses offers a relatively secure
long-term return, which to him has been as reliable as owning
a mutual fund or shares of General Electric."
------------- Peter Lynch in One up on Wall Street

I agree with the veteran handicapper and discipline but system always throws me off. please explain what type of system he's talking about. If it's something that's flexable I might give it some weight.

T.D.

Zman179
08-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Where exactly does it say in the user agreement that you accepted when you joined this board that you are entitled to absolute free speech? In fact, the user agreement explains quite clearly that there are restrictions on what you may and may not post on this board.

Pace, Is it really true that your friends refer to you as "El Presidente?" :lol: :lol: :lol: