PDA

View Full Version : Chop Chop and Samyn on the Green

highnote
08-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Does Chop Chop still ride in NY? I haven't followed NY racing in awhile and have lost track of him.

It's good to see Samyn on the Green is still taking mounts.

Ron
08-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Chavez is at Monmouth tomorrow. I thought I saw him at Finger Lakes recently, but maybe not. I wouldn't bet on either of them.

highnote
08-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Chavez is at Monmouth tomorrow. I thought I saw him at Finger Lakes recently, but maybe not. I wouldn't bet on either of them.

I used to bet Chop Chop in the nightcap. I figured if he stuck around for the last race he might have a live mount.

One day at Saratoga there was a day when the track was sloppy. I noticed that the first 8 races on the card were won by horses in post position 2. Not horse number 2, but post position 2. So if horse number 1 scratched then horse 3 had post number 2.

So going into the nightcap I had to bet the post position 2 horse - he was well over 20 to 1. And I noticed Chavez was riding a different horse. So I box the exacta. Sure enough, Chavez came second and the post position 2 horse won. The exacta came back at around $400 or maybe more. Plus I had a win bet on the post position 2 horse.

I don't usually bet post positions without considering other factors -- but I made an exception that day.

In the stock market that would be called "Trendfollowing".

So that's the reason I wanted to know about Chop Chop. I'll be at the spa the weekend of the 17th. If he's not there, I'll have to find a new angle. :(

jotb
08-06-2006, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=swetyejohn]I used to bet Chop Chop in the nightcap. I figured if he stuck around for the last race he might have a live mount.

Hello Swetyejohn:

Try not to get caught up in that theory. If an agent has several calls in the book for a given day and they only use one of those races and the race falls as the last, it's very rare that the rider will take off especially if the agent accepted the call from the trainer. It's a real pain in the neck to tell a trainer that the rider does not want to ride because he has only 1 mount for the day and it's really bad to tell a trainer the rider wants to take off for the last race because he rode the first 4 on the card and does not want to stick around for the nightcap. That would just be bad business.

Best regards,
Joe

RXB
08-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Chavez is going to try SoCal.

Hank
08-06-2006, 11:57 AM
What happened to chop chop,was he hurt or just went sour?

Loosehorse
08-06-2006, 12:16 PM
He did get hurt the last day of racing at CRC in 2006.
Did he even ride any at GP in 2006?

highnote
08-06-2006, 11:37 PM
He did get hurt the last day of racing at CRC in 2006.

I didn't even hear about that. I usually read DRF free news, but missed that one.

Buddha
08-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Samyn injured.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/77375.html

Jockey Jean-Luc Samyn suffered a broken collarbone and a fractured pelvis as a result of a spill during training hours Tuesday morning at Saratoga. Though the oldest active member of the Saratoga jockey colony - Samyn will turn 50 in November - he vows to return to race riding.

bigmack
08-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Vows to return? Come on JL shut it down.

http://www.jeanlucsamyn.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=3

pressman
08-10-2006, 03:47 PM
he should of 20 yrs ago terrible i throw him out at first look