PDA

View Full Version : Madden

46zilzal
08-05-2006, 02:50 PM
his is JUST NOW getting into the Hall of Fame? what took him so long? a great one on and off the field.

blind squirrel
08-05-2006, 04:01 PM
his is JUST NOW getting into the Hall of Fame? what took him so long? a great one on and off the field.

haven' t you heard,there's a conspiracy against AL DAVIS and "RAIDER NATION".

JPinMaryland
08-06-2006, 12:25 AM
he should get in just on the coaching alone. I dont know why they feel they have to add to his luster by citing the broadcasting and Madden football, to me that should only count if you are going in on that alone. If you are going in as coach, then look at him like that. His w/l record is tops I believe for coaches who coached so many seasons...He lost like 5 afc championship games (IIRC) but mostly to steelers/dolphin teams, nothing to be ashamed about.

Valuist
08-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I agree he should get in on his coaching merits alone. Of course, I'm not that enamored with him as a broadcaster.

OTM Al
08-07-2006, 01:28 PM
I wonder if he celebrated with an 8 legged turkey stuffed with a chicken and a ham..........

46zilzal
08-07-2006, 01:39 PM
I agree he should get in on his coaching merits alone. Of course, I'm not that enamored with him as a broadcaster.
I like the guy. Remember once he was discussing how "different" kickers are and pointed to one's having a candy bar in his shoe. The kicker then dropped the wrapper on the field and he remaked that "there is STUFF coming out of these players! Stuff all over the field."

Brings a unique perspective to the game and his experience is well documented.

JustRalph
08-07-2006, 03:12 PM
his is JUST NOW getting into the Hall of Fame?

Way too busy counting his money from Playstation....................

ghostyapper
08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Amazing it took this guy that long to get in. I know he only coached about 12 years but he has the highest win percentage of all time.

Valuist
08-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Great coach but as an analyst, he's behind the times. He still thinks Brett Favre is a great player, and right now he's more of a hindrance to the Packers than a positive. Probably still thinks the Raiders and Niners are bona fide SB contenders.