PDA

View Full Version : Odd results Saratoga 7th, smells funny?

BIG49010
08-04-2006, 04:27 PM
MTO horse with Coa, who shows speed and is bet to 3/5, takes back to last!

The horse Coa was listed on for the grass, draws out of town jockey Mario Pino, and goes to lead and wins at 8-1.

Guess where the 3/5 shot Coa rides finishes?

I didn't bet the race, but the outcome is a little strange, and I don't like to see the fans get burned like this. If this happened in other countries the stewards would look into it, maybe this is why Belmont was so difficult with Coa the leading jockey.

bigmack
08-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Guess where the 3/5 shot finishes?

I don't like to see the fans get burned like this
There's a pile of races where a 3/5 shot doesn't hit the board - heck I wish there were more. Additionally, fans get burned all the time - pointing a finger @ Coa is far from the source of the "burn"

Hammerhead
08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Bull Crap Looked fixed

46zilzal
08-04-2006, 05:01 PM
there are a thousand things that can happen to a horse between the barn and the gate. You would be amazed at what happens in their stalls alone: cuts, becoming cast, scrapes..that effect the performance.

BIG49010
08-04-2006, 06:09 PM
They made it up to Contessa in the last leaving a horse that should come down up !

This one cost me $600 :mad:

bigmack
08-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Bull Crap Looked fixed
Bull crap right back at ya. Prove it.

PIC6SIX
08-05-2006, 09:55 AM
I do not post much and did not have a vested interest in the last race at SAR on Friday. However, any 7 year old has enough smarts to make the correct decision and would have taken the #1 down and put up the 14 for win. This is what irks me about NY stewards. It seems they have a habit of getting it wrong. I have posted before regarding similar errors by the stewards. Pletcher even said in the forn a year or two ago that the stewards are VERY in consistent. With all the technology today I believe you could do away with the stewards and have a computerized matrix do the decision making. Enough of this larceny. If I want to be robbed I will go hang out at the Convient Store.:confused:

RXB
08-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Re: Contessa's horse... the horse is claimed for 40k, wins first race for Contessa by EIGHT LENGTHS AT 60K LEVEL... and then is dropped back in for 40k. I mean, what do you want: a sign hung on the horse? "I'M NOT RIGHT"

Re: last race inquiry, I bet the 14 horse quite heavily, feeling that he had a huge chance to wire the field. In my opinion, the decision not to disqualify the 1 was probably the correct decision. The 1 was much the best, and Desormeaux tried to make the modest interference look worse than it was.

Zaf
08-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I though Mystic Mirage at $19.00 was a decent betting opportunity. Trainer-Jockey Klesaris-Pino at Delaware has been clicking at 43 % according to my HTR program. Coa going into yesterday was something like 1 for 32 at the Saratoga meet. I know the horse was a little cheap on the class end of it and maybe was better meant for the green stuff. I didn't think it was so outrageous.

Z

bigmack
08-05-2006, 12:30 PM
If you want to talk about a odd race watch the replay from the 1st @ AP from Friday and take a peek at the jock on the 2.

JustRalph
08-05-2006, 03:14 PM
If you want to talk about a odd race watch the replay from the 1st @ AP from Friday and take a peek at the jock on the 2.

Wow! Could you pull back any harder?

bigmack
08-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow! Could you pull back any harder?
JR - What's the vernack for "way beyond a stranglehold"?

Bubbles
08-05-2006, 04:32 PM
In the no-DQ race, I had the 13, who was barrelling home late, in the late double. I would have been kicking myself to no end if that 1 horse had been taken down. I already missed the early double by a nose, missing the late one by a neck would have been torture! LOL...

Zaf
08-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Coa is starting to heat up, 2 wins and a second so far today.

Z

bigmack
08-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Coa is starting to heat up, 2 wins and a second so far today.

Looks like he "fixed" another one with Red Zipper

BIG49010
08-05-2006, 07:54 PM
He just rides when he has a big ticket in his boot!

He just happened to have a bigger ticket on the other horse yesterday, and just wanted to make sure the 3/5 shot didn't mess it up!

How about the first starter of Zito's. Nice score there also.:rolleyes:

CryingForTheHorses
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
there are a thousand things that can happen to a horse between the barn and the gate. You would be amazed at what happens in their stalls alone: cuts, becoming cast, scrapes..that effect the performance.

Sharp Post!!!

CryingForTheHorses
08-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Re: Contessa's horse... the horse is claimed for 40k, wins first race for Contessa by EIGHT LENGTHS AT 60K LEVEL... and then is dropped back in for 40k. I mean, what do you want: a sign hung on the horse? "I'M NOT RIGHT"

Re: last race inquiry, I bet the 14 horse quite heavily, feeling that he had a huge chance to wire the field. In my opinion, the decision not to disqualify the 1 was probably the correct decision. The 1 was much the best, and Desormeaux tried to make the modest interference look worse than it was.

They call it 'Taking a dive' in hockey

Show Me the Wire
08-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Not only during the walk from barn to post, but in the barn as well, like the groom forgeting to remove the water bucket :lol:

Pgh. Gere
08-06-2006, 03:26 AM
Bigmack-

I looked at the 1st from Arlington after reading your post. Yeah, thats a stranglehold. Then I watched the head on, you can see he had no room. The chart caller noted he checked repeatedly lacking room. I think if the jock would 've let him run he would've gotten through, but he tried to rate him, then he had to battle the horse the rest of the way as the inside had closed up.Still, pretty good effort for a first time starter.

kenwoodallpromos
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
So when no other excuse is believable to explain why the bigshot horse cannot perform like a machine each race, is that when a "bounce" takes affect?

JustRalph
08-07-2006, 03:04 AM
So when no other excuse is believable to explain why the bigshot horse cannot perform like a machine each race, is that when a "bounce" takes affect?\

I think it was just a crappy ride. The jock forced him to take back and when it was time to run.........he didn't respond. i think that jock actually believed his horse was that much better..............why he didn't put him in the race "somewhere" is the question..........he might as well stopped for a drink

bigmack
08-07-2006, 12:51 PM
he might as well stopped for a drink
That's actually in the works. Manley & JJ have proposed a beverage stand to be placed near the backturn for the jocks to refresh themselves. JJ's sons Yusef and Jonathan have agreed to provide complimentary Bud.

tapout
08-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Ferrer had all kinds of room on the inside down the backstretch .Maybe he is a little afraid of the wood or some other reason...lol

Tap

Pgh. Gere
08-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Kenwoodall ; The horse in question was a first time starter. So, certainly wasn't a bounce. More a situation of the horse being immature and wanting to run on with the jock having to fight him.

I agree with JustRalph, had the jock let him run from the begining, he probably takes the field wire to wire. He tried to rate him, the inside was closed off to him till into the stretch. When he got out in the stretch, it was too late. Plus the horse spent energy fighting the jock for the better part of the race.

kitts
08-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Impressive thread. Two pages long already. Nothing like a little conspiracy thing to stir up the troops :o) Although the thread is starting to wander.