PDA

View Full Version : ? to Tom or any other FL/NYRA player...

cash
09-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Do you remember a trainer by the name of Lawrence Rolla? Just resurfaced recently at DEL and won first off a claim with Mike McCarthy up. I heard that McCarthy left FL under a cloud. He claims it was all politics. Rumor is that Rolla got run off and switched to the trotters, training at Dover and Monticello. Now he's back. Could be something to watch.

Tom
09-05-2002, 10:34 PM
I posted a rather detailed account of what happen to Mike McCarthy elsewwwhere on thisboard a while ago. Do search by my name or McCarthy and you should find it. The questionable ride, briefly, was so blatantly obviously "different" that it just could not have been a stiff. It was akin to the harness driver with his feet on the dirt, spewing up a cloud of dust as he tried to stiff the horse in a Rodney Dangerfiled movie. Someting happened in that race and Mike got a raw deal.
Don't remember the trainer off hand-I will check my old trainer lists from way back and see if he turns up. Any idea what year he may have trained at FL?
Tom

cash
09-06-2002, 05:22 PM
Thanks Tom. I heard that McCarthy spent part of last winter at Dover Downs learning the training game as preparation for his post riding career. So then this harness trainer shows up, claims his first t-bred, puts MJM on and wins easy. I just wondered if he and McCarthy were pals at FL way back when.